Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #16
webmonstro
A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer: 464
hi
i'll play:

Me and my Blaster 200 near Colcurinho Mountain (Portugal)
webmonstro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Oddometer: 174
Riding at Diamond Lake

Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #18
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Laugh Wife at Diamond Lake

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Love the quads. Riding them over 30 years. We have a great trail system in Michigan.

Kalkaska trail

Atlanta trail

Friend and I riding at WV Hatfield McCoy trails

Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Dude nice pics. Love riding quads. Started out on three wheelers back in the 70s. Love playing in then snow and sun. We have sand dunes about three hours away from here. Will post some more pics later.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #21
LisaS
Dubious Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
I am so glad to see this thread! The quad is the only way I can keep up with my husband on the technical stuff..... Well, not really keep up- that KTM is pretty swift, but that Polaris can plow though anything- It's really opened up a lot of trails for me that I would never attempt on 2 wheels.

tent space
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Nice to see other couples out ridding together. My wife is my favorite riding buddy! Keep the pics coming.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
De250r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73

How about my rhino all loaded up with my favorite Ridin buddy

Sent from the back woods of vt via patchy Internet
Live free and ride hard
De250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,490
I might be taking the ATC350X out tomorrow. :)

There are a lot of quads out on the trails. Almost all are out for day rides. Is there a resource for expedition type quad trips? Like going out for a week or 2?
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Atc350x

Love the 350X My cousins had a pair of them back in High school. I loved thouse wheelers. All but starting them
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #26
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,490
WooHoo!
Yup, that's the one!
Mine starts really nicely.
Just put a new rear calliper on it tonight. It's ready for a short trip tomorrow. I noticed that I'm missing a bushing in the calliper linkage. It'll be a bit clunky for the day.
It got treated to a new gas tank last week. The bondo holding the old tank together was starting to fail.
It's my restoration project. Not 'frame off', just fixed to an above average machine. I'd like to get some nice bars for it and some Mudzillas. The rest of the plastic is new (except headlight bezel) and it runs great. I've replaced some of the other bushings and bearings. It's almost done, until I break it.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
My parents have two Polaris 2-up Sportman 550s (forgot the exact model name) and there's few things more fun for 4 people, even if all 4 have no riding experience of any sort (common sense notwithstanding). I've really been surprised a few times at how much gnar they can handle...they are hill-climb beasts and feel so sporty for a utility ATV platform and one that is slightly enlarged. I'd say they can go about as fast or faster than I ride on my KLR650 in all conditions except open dirt. The only problem is the passengers (2-up) can really get thrown around when going faster and it can be tiring for them. Otherwise they are outstanding vehicles that have done everything asked of them and more and have been the utmost representation of reliability and durability.

We tend to ride all day or for a weekend at a time while camping, riding as much as 100 miles a day which seems like a lot when its mostly dirt bike trails on vehicles designed for relatively slow cross country travel. I tend to ride them most during the winter when the snow makes riding 2-wheels impractical. Riding them during the winter is when it's really an adventure! Where we go, the area is closed to full-size vehicles during the winter so it's by-and-large empty and itching to be adventured on. While it really gives me the itch to ride 2-wheels during the winter when I can't for weeks at a time, it's a welcome alternative that also allows me to bring friends a riding experiences when they are otherwise incapable, uninterested, or fearful of joining me on bikes.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something neat...my bro moved to a picturesque mountain neighborhood recently and one of his neighbors who he's become friends with has a 4-door RZR. Holy crap, there's few things that I've actually seen in person and ridden that are more bad-ass!!!

They use it to ride up and down approximately 5 miles of high grade mountain pass-like dirt roads from their house to the gate and parking lot at the entrance of the neighborhood which leads to a paved country road. They just leave whatever vehicle they're using for commuting down at the parking lot...this way they save the suspension on their full-size vehicles (really rough roads, constant erosion) and get to have fun at least twice every damn day even in the dead of winter. Oh what it must be like to live in paradise!

My bro even started "car pooling" down to the bottom of the hill with them...He told me nothing wakes him up like a cigarette during a RZR ride!
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #29
LisaS
Dubious Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
My parents have two Polaris 2-up Sportman 550s (forgot the exact model name) and there's few things more fun for 4 people, even if all 4 have no riding experience of any sort (common sense notwithstanding). I've really been surprised a few times at how much gnar they can handle...they are hill-climb beasts and feel so sporty for a utility ATV platform and one that is slightly enlarged. I'd say they can go about as fast or faster than I ride on my KLR650 in all conditions except open dirt. The only problem is the passengers (2-up) can really get thrown around when going faster and it can be tiring for them. Otherwise they are outstanding vehicles that have done everything asked of them and more and have been the utmost representation of reliability and durability.
Mine is the Sportsman 500 and so far it has gone through everything my husband rides through on the KTM- and he loves the technical stuff. I agree with all of your comments above about it being sporty and fast for a big machine. Then when it comes home it does farm chores too
tent space

LisaS screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 02:31 PM Reason: brain fart- I have the 500, not the 450.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #30
helipilot650l OP
Sweet!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Mine is the Sportsman 450 and so far it has gone through everything my husband rides through on the KTM- and he loves the technical stuff. I agree with all of your comments above about it being sporty and fast for a big machine. Then when it comes home it does farm chores too
Lisa where in Maine do you like. We live in Oregon but have a 140 acres in Troy Maine. We have never seen it but it sounds nice.