Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #46
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheborder View Post
Could you see what these well dressed guys were driving?
Yeah, the cars were parked right alongside the highway but of course I wasn't paying too much attention. It looked like a couple Toyota corollas or even Camry style...probably 10 years old. And a couple pickups....not real big, Nissans or Toyotas. Why, do you have a different idea of what this may have been?

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Very nice, keep the pics coming, looks like you guys are having a blast,

how are the DRZ'S holding up?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
aviatorbdm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Wow, some beautiful rights coming in at San Pedrito was it? Looks like an incredible surf spot. Have to log that in the memory banks to surf in the future.
aviatorbdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #49
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Very nice, keep the pics coming, looks like you guys are having a blast,

how are the DRZ'S holding up?
Definitely having a good time. DRZ's are holding up pretty well except for the fact that I am leaking all fluids (gas, oil, coolant). The coolant is the standard weeping water pump but it is sobbing pretty good. I just hope no water is going the other direction into the case. Oil is leaking from clutch cover and around clutch side case cover. Gas is leaking from my petcock when in the "ON" position. Knew I should have bought a pingle....even thought about it after I saw the rinky-dink thing that comes on the Safari tank.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorbdm View Post
Wow, some beautiful rights coming in at San Pedrito was it? Looks like an incredible surf spot. Have to log that in the memory banks to surf in the future.
Probably the best surf I've seen thus far. Unfortunately my $40/day does not pay for surfboard rental.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #51
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Did go get some essentials at the supermarket and cooked our friends our new found delicacy of fish and chicken tacos.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #52
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

We spent our last night at the resort with all our friends and got up at the crack of dawn to see them off. Excited to be back to the adventure but definitely knew there would be few nights this comfortable in the upcoming months.

After a little internet browsing we figured we should check out Cabo Pulma national park. The main purpose was to drive the “highway” around the east side of the Baja peninsula because it was all off-road. I highly recommends this as it is an easy ride with breathtaking beaches and viewpoints.

We rolled into Cabo Pulma and stopped at the Cabo Pulma Resort & Diveshop. Very highly recommend staying here. Maribela helped us out at the front desk and gave us a great deal on a small villa close to the beach (we were splurging and we shouldn’t have due to our last couple of days in a resort….but at least they were free).

Cabo Pulma is only 40 miles or so from San Jose de Cabo so we arrived early. First order of business was to change my tires. Not that they were totally shot but I am sick of carrying around tires. Check out the cupping that was going on with the front tire (these are MT21’s).

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #53
ADVwnbe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Cabo Pulmo

Love that place, be sure to check out the little restaurant on the right as you head down the main road to the beach. Alicia's I think, super good and great people. The snorkel trip is well worth it if you have the means. Someday I'll take my DRZ down there too!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #54
MRED
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
I love Cabo Pulmo. I have been diving out of there for years.
National Marine Park and the only living reef in the Sea of Cortez.
Rev'It! Dealer since 2003
http://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto.htm
MRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #55
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Cabo Pulma is only 40 miles or so from San Jose de Cabo so we arrived early. First order of business was to change my tires. Not that they were totally shot but I am sick of carrying around tires. Check out the cupping that was going on with the front tire (these are MT21’s).

Tire changing process: Take off rear wheel, go to bar get beers, remove rear tire from wheel, go to bar, install rear tire/wheel and remove front wheel from bike, go to bar, remove tire from wheel, go to bar, replace front tire and install on bike, go back to bar. Yes we dropped the bike more than once getting the front wheel on. However I did not pinch ANY tubes. GREAT SUCCESS!!

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #56
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVwnbe View Post
Love that place, be sure to check out the little restaurant on the right as you head down the main road to the beach. Alicia's I think, super good and great people. The snorkel trip is well worth it if you have the means. Someday I'll take my DRZ down there too!
You are correct it is Alicia's. Unfortunately they were closed the day we went to eat there. I have done a lot of snorkeling and scuba diving so I didn't feel the need here. The biggest factor is that I am in Baja which is easily accessible and I will more than likely find myself back here one day. Snorkeling in Panama.....probably fork out some money for that one. I really think that is cool that you knew of a restaurant in Cabo Pulma

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #57
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRED View Post
I love Cabo Pulmo. I have been diving out of there for years.
National Marine Park and the only living reef in the Sea of Cortez.
Thanks for keeping tabs on me Don1 i could have easily spent a month or two in Cabo Pulmo....very nice community.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #58
ADVwnbe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanousky View Post
You are correct it is Alicia's. Unfortunately they were closed the day we went to eat there. I have done a lot of snorkeling and scuba diving so I didn't feel the need here. The biggest factor is that I am in Baja which is easily accessible and I will more than likely find myself back here one day. Snorkeling in Panama.....probably fork out some money for that one. I really think that is cool that you knew of a restaurant in Cabo Pulma
Too bad on both accounts. Alicia's is great and since this is the only living reef in the Sea of Cortez the snorkeling and diving are exceptional as well. Giant balls of Jacks just a 1/4 mile out lot's of fish on the reef.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #59
ontheborder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
I have no idea. You should of hit the brakes and inquired what was going on. The photos would really add to your ride report. They would be much better than the pics of a cop sitting on a bike. Keep the posts coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanousky View Post
Yeah, the cars were parked right alongside the highway but of course I wasn't paying too much attention. It looked like a couple Toyota corollas or even Camry style...probably 10 years old. And a couple pickups....not real big, Nissans or Toyotas. Why, do you have a different idea of what this may have been?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #60
brailman133
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Subed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brailman133 is offline   Reply With Quote