Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #2851
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Be good to get out with you again Floss and Fly. Had fun that time we happened to cross paths this summer. Still only have the big rig though, but I'm up for new challenges all the time anyway. Glad to hear you had a great season!

Hopefully get on a ride with Lycan and some of you other fellas sometime too. Spring can't come fast enough!
We met up on my first real ride offroad. I would have probably turned around at that first water crossing. But thanks to your enthusiasm (along with Mr Canoehead) and offer to walk beside me to help if I started to tip over, I now have some river crossing experience. Your big rig will go all the fun places and you won't even damage your rims if you slow down.

The warm weather yesterday made me think about spring but today's cold snap has put an end to that.
flossandfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #2852
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
I have read some, and looked at all the pictures in just about every South American, Mexican ride report that has current posts. It may take a couple of years but as long as I am healthy I am determined to get down there. Mexico (Baja) first. With any luck 2014.

My bike is in the shop, and I have one small project to do when she gets home, but after that.... bring it on (Spring that is) !
I would make some KTM needing maintenance jokes but don't want Karma to strike down my Honda.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2853
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by flossandfly View Post
Spent some time today reading the ride reports for rides I got to do this summer. Anybody else do that or just me? I just wanted to thank the people who made the summer so fun.

I got to go on my first ride with somebody, got to try water crossings, learned where lots of cool trails are, got lots of advice for good stuff to buy for the bike, learned exactly how tough a hill climb it too tough for me, and got to see riders ride big bikes like they were dirtbikes.

I look forward to meeting everyone I didn't get to meet already.

Can't wait for spring.

Haha.

Somebody is missing riding...

Thursday night I have a "date" with a flakey girl so if she bails I could meet up.

Baja, Mexico, Latin America. All good. Highly recommended. I think of it every day. No lie.

Provided you don't need all the luxuries here, you can do it pretty darn cheap so don't let the money issue slow you down. The time off can be the bigger one.

If I can start saving money I'm planning S.A for 6 months fall of 2014.

Baja is a hoot and gives you a special taste of Mexico (and delicous margaretas and cervesas)

I missed out on the last trip, but that would have been three times less than two years. A bit greedy. I highly recommend the Copper Canyon, but the locals are ... different. Baja locals are very, very friendly.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #2854
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 791
So Muldoons in the SE was a suggestion off 130th and Deerfoot. Anyone in this Thursday? Might help to talk bikes for those that need a fix! Lemme know. I'm hoping to ride but we'll see what Wednesday and Thursday do to the roads.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #2855
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,886
Muldoons!

I'm in for Thursday nite. Probably won't know anyone. I'll be the old guy with white hair. What time?
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2856
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Ah yes. Time. 7 good?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #2857
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

I'm the guy with the trimmed blonde beard and hat. Holler if you see me looking around!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #2858
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Great idea Lee. Cya there.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #2859
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,886
Muldoons!

Thats on the north side of 130th and east side of Deerfoot at 7pm.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #2860
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

I believe that's the joint.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #2861
flossandfly
Gnarly Adventurer

Have fun guys. Hope to make it next time.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #2862
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,504
I'm in. See you at 7.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #2863
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Great night with some new friends. I'm all good. Even managed a nice long power wheelie on Bow Bottom where it was only wet. Nice to meet everyone and see others again. Do it again end of this month! Might check out the fellas ice racing Ghost Lake Saturday.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #2864
Shibby!
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Any you fookers have a WR250R?

I've only rode one around Yuma, AZ, and with a guy in Baja. My initial impression was it was gutless and small. Being 200lbs and 6'4" this is an issue, but the gutless can be looked over provided it has 6-8000 oil changes, and 20,000 km valve check intervals. I'm under the impression the engine is rock solid. Oh yea, it gets 60+ MPG on Pemex gas.

Reason for this is I'm looking for another bike to do a trip on. The XRR is great. I love it because it's downright simple, has gobs of power, and just works. The downside is I change the oil every 2000 KM's, and valve check every 4000 km's. It gets 50 MPG.

I've been looking for a newer one to swap all my parts on, but people in Alberta on Crack wanting $5000 for a 13 year old bike that's been rotting for years and needs a huge overhaul. Bearings, suspension, bars, tank, seats, electrical, etc. All those add up into the 1000's and stock they are flat out useless.

So... wondering if anybody who's bigger owns, and likes a WR250R. It's not simple, but provided it works I'm ok with that.
Dirt Donkeys Do Baja: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671095

Shibby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #2865
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,504
A WR450R would rock. I don't know why Yamaha didn't go that way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote