ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #916
'Flagger
..this space for rent..
 
'Flagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilver1007 View Post
So you support HRC as opposed to Yamaha or do you just dislike Rossi? I could have also put that Jorge Lorenzo has won the same amount of championships as Honda in the past ten years. (if that is more acceptable)
Who I support us irrelevant to my comment... stop spewing statistics and results from the past.. ... I couldn't care less about what happened last year let alone the past ten.
__________________
- B

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #917
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dsilver1007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Who I support us irrelevant to my comment... stop spewing statistics and results from the past.. ... I couldn't care less about what happened last year let alone the past ten.
You are correct the past is the past, that being said in 2013 a YAMAHA rider will hold the number one plate!
__________________
If you cant ride it on one, ride it on two
dsilver1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #918
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,182
There's a fantastic interview with Bernhard Gobmeier in this week's Cycle News, about Ducati. Well worth reading:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/106171/68
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #919
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
There's a fantastic interview with Bernhard Gobmeier in this week's Cycle News, about Ducati. Well worth reading:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/106171/68
And also an interview with Earl Hayden in that same Cycle News.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #920
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
There's a fantastic interview with Bernhard Gobmeier in this week's Cycle News, about Ducati. Well worth reading:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/106171/68
Good article, gives me hope for Ducati and MotoGP in general. But then I always clap for tinkerbell too.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #921
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
I know it's not exactly MOTOGP related, but in a way it is...here's a little video from last weekends 'Island Classic'. Some seriously fast riders in this lot, plus, of course, The Man. But what is relevant is this is the first major meet at the newly resurfaced circuit. And it is bloody awesome!! As promised, smooth as a babies bum. And by the time the circus arrives in October, will be sensationally fast. Already fast, Sean Giles lowering Steve Martins lap record by almost 2 sec, to 1.36. On a 1982 Suzuki Katana.
I'll be waving flags at the WSBK test in a cupla weeks, and that will be VERY interesting. ( should be a WSBK thread up by then, yes?)
Anyway yuz are all racing nuts, so enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW08Sg52L9c&sns=em
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #922
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
I know it's not exactly MOTOGP related, but in a way it is...here's a little video from last weekends 'Island Classic'. Some seriously fast riders in this lot, plus, of course, The Man. But what is relevant is this is the first major meet at the newly resurfaced circuit. And it is bloody awesome!! As promised, smooth as a babies bum. And by the time the circus arrives in October, will be sensationally fast. Already fast, Sean Giles lowering Steve Martins lap record by almost 2 sec, to 1.36. On a 1982 Suzuki Katana.
I'll be waving flags at the WSBK test in a cupla weeks, and that will be VERY interesting. ( should be a WSBK thread up by then, yes?)
Anyway yuz are all racing nuts, so enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW08Sg52L9c&sns=em
Will Stoner be ready for a wild card ride by the time the PI GP comes around? Could ruin everyone's fun. He would love that.

Please subscribe:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837444

__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #923
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,808
[QUOTE=mdubya;20611215]Will Stoner be ready for a wild card ride by the time the PI GP comes around? Could ruin everyone's fun. He would love that.


I guess we just have to keep an eye out for a denial on twitter, and its ON!
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #924
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dsilver1007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Clemson SC
Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Will Stoner be ready for a wild card ride by the time the PI GP comes around? Could ruin everyone's fun. He would love that.

Please subscribe:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837444

he will be too busy breast feeding his baby and staying away from dairy products.
__________________
If you cant ride it on one, ride it on two
dsilver1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #925
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,684
Thanks Bootlace, looked like a great time!!
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #926
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilver1007 View Post
he will be too busy breast feeding his baby and staying away from dairy products.
YOur contributions to this thread have been stupendous. Thank you so much.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #927
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,321
I for one would be happy if Stoner was not mentioned another time in this thread. Not because I am not a fan of his (I am neutral but of course, he was thrilling to watch) but he is the source of more back and forth circle jerked, pointless, juvenile discussions than any other motogp topic. It almost brings one to the point of unsubscribing this thread.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #928
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Lewisville, NC
Oddometer: 378
Many years ago i ran a company called MARCO in Ann Arbor , MI. when interviewing potential dyno jocks ( as we called them) I would always say , no one who worked here was "Stock, we are all a bit modified" .
Kind of reminds me of this thread

By the way kiddies, the old saying "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops" is in place for this season in Moto GP

I can't wait
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #929
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer
 
DogBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I for one would be happy if Stoner was not mentioned another time in this thread. Not because I am not a fan of his (I am neutral but of course, he was thrilling to watch) but he is the source of more back and forth circle jerked, pointless, juvenile discussions than any other motogp topic. It almost brings one to the point of unsubscribing this thread.
Good idea. The thread would be completely free of "back and forth circle jerked, pointless, juvenile discussions"...until the exact same conversations start up about Marquez.
__________________
"I were riding so fast, I were sucking rabbits out of the hedges" IOM TT racer Guy Martin - Thanks to rallybug
DogBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #930
Silver
Dirtnewb
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK.
Oddometer: 2,265
Stoner drama? Circle Jerking? That doesn't happen. :p
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014