User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #841
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,465
Lo De Marcos To La Manzanilla

Saying goodbye to Lo De Marcos and our Canadian family we set of to La Manzanilla.

With 294 km to do it was an easy day, weather ok temperature for riding in and fine, the trip was uneventful so quite a bonus.

Arriving later than we anticipated after getting caught up in thick traffic we went down to Jolandas Restaurant and the staff told us where to find Jolanda and Leons where Ken and Carol Duval were staying, we had some goodies for Ken so we were playing delivery boys as well.

We headed back into town to check out the sunset.

Jolanda and Leons is a great hideaway with great security, a cool as Rotweiller (once you have been introduced), swimming pool and three Cabanas set 2 km off the main road, we really enjoyed our stay for three nights relaxing and getting more health back day by day.

Ken and I chewing the fat

During our stay we all piled into and onto the ute and went into town for a rock concert night at Jolandas, danced and drunk Pina Coladas ... what a treat!

Silly face contest

Leon makes bread as part of their Restaurant and Accommodation set up, we bought some to try and it was second to none, freshly baked you just about have to reserve your loaf as they go quickly.

With beautiful sunsets and birds La Manzanilla is a really neat place, the other wildlife we caught up with was a very spooky fish head on the beach ... dunno what breed it was but I think it came from Mars.

Jolandas accommodation is found at N19 17.939 W104 46.176, you turn off opposite the turn off to La Manzanilla township, first house on the left after going through the trees, through a dip in the road then along a straight, spot the white house with the black double gates, highly recommended with neat cabanas.

The restaurant is downtown and RIGHT on the beach, easily found at N19 17.001 W 104 47.305 down the main drag, last turn right before the beach and 300 metres along on the right hand side.

Me sittin on the beach in the sun

The lineup, Len, Me, Ellen, Jolanda, Ken and Carol

The restaurant

These guys are both RTW motorcycle travelers too so plenty of good yarns over Red wine. Ellen is also offered a job as a Sushi cook at Jolanda's but she decide to travel around the world before settles down
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 06:39 PM
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #842
holckster
dougholck

Oddometer: 775
WOW !!

This looks like a fantastic place.
Sorry I missed this place last year, calls for another trip.

Great sunset pic.

04 BMW 1150GS Adventure
08 DR650
02 BMW K1200LTe
05 Yamaha TW200
BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

holckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #843
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Hey Andi and Ellen, that place looks really crappy, I have no effen idea why Carol and Ken have stayed there so long. And here I was thinking they had a clue!

Actually probably lucky I didn't get there, I might not have left. In Guatemala now, on the east coast looking for a beach, and didn't find one :-(
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #844
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Me sittin on the beach in the sun
You may be a wee Kiwi - but there is no hiding that dutch blood with a photo like that.

Great to see you guys again and Finally meet Ken and Carol.

As vague as Andi's instructions are, the place is simple to find. Jolanda and Leon are nice people with a great place to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #845
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,324
Andi and Ellen-
It was great to finally meet you guys and a pleasure to have you as our guests. Thanks for getting me out on a ride on Sunday as it's been too long. Enjoy the road south and if any other questions come up be sure to shoot me an email.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #846
dungbeatle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Back in the saddle

Was great meeting you in the Youkon. So glad you have overcome all the challenges that have jumped in front of you.
Great ride report, good luck keep your stick on ice.
dungbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #847
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,370
Yo been working out bro?
looking pretty buff
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #848
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Yo been working out bro?
looking pretty buff
You're using the iPad again.
The word replacer is working overtime...

:p
Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #849
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,380
Looks like you guys are doing good.

Where next? Zihuatanejo??? If so you can find/stock up on good coffee there for later. Used to be a couple good "Expendio de Cafe" where you could buy the good stuff, as opposed to the usual swill in the red cans.Follow your nose downtown....May just also take you to the good Tequila, the stuff out of a barrel and bring your own container.

A few good almost deserted beaches north of there and some good camping spots, been a few years but sure a good place to eat fresh lobster and find/see creatures. Mars or......TV???? Didn't you recognize that big smile......

Can't really find a big thumper to head south but just got home. May get lucky in the next couple weeks. Don't think I'd ever catch up but you never know. I'd bring you some Canadian stickers for them nice bags....!

See any roadside stands for "Pata de Mula"???? Got to stop for those or "Coctel de Pulpo" on the beach. And some food pics??? I am hungry for real Mexican food, need ideas for DIY I always seem to find or remember some when I come here.

Should get my butt off here and get them Frijoles soaking then maybe up there and pick up some very nicely powdercoated BMW parts.

Ride on!

H96669 screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 12:13 PM
H96669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #850
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by holckster View Post
WOW !!

This looks like a fantastic place.
Sorry I missed this place last year, calls for another trip.

Great sunset pic.
Heya Doug, cheers for the kind words mate, neat to be back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
Hey Andi and Ellen, that place looks really crappy, I have no effen idea why Carol and Ken have stayed there so long. And here I was thinking they had a clue!

Actually probably lucky I didn't get there, I might not have left. In Guatemala now, on the east coast looking for a beach, and didn't find one :-(
Yea it was torment , we are in Uruapan, gonna walk up a volcano tomorrow, Gene and Nadas pics inspired us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
You may be a wee Kiwi - but there is no hiding that dutch blood with a photo like that.

Great to see you guys again and Finally meet Ken and Carol.

As vague as Andi's instructions are, the place is simple to find. Jolanda and Leon are nice people with a great place to stay.
Hey dutchie, good luck headin home mate and keep us in the loop, and maybe if you decide SA looks good we can have a slow race to the bottom.....Christmas fantas in Ushuaia??
Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #851
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Andi and Ellen-
It was great to finally meet you guys and a pleasure to have you as our guests. Thanks for getting me out on a ride on Sunday as it's been too long. Enjoy the road south and if any other questions come up be sure to shoot me an email.
Totally cool to finally meet you guys and cheers for the bloke ride , RR will be updated tonight with some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungbeatle View Post
Was great meeting you in the Youkon. So glad you have overcome all the challenges that have jumped in front of you.
Great ride report, good luck keep your stick on ice.
Thanks man, hopefully in for some plain sailing at least for a while anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Yo been working out bro?
looking pretty buff
Working out .... on Tacos and ALL sorts of yummy Mexican tucker.

My arms have been saw from wrestling Maya on some shortcuts .... so one hopes I might build some muscle
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #852
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
You're using the iPad again.
The word replacer is working overtime...

:p
Boyz with new toyz eh ..... How is life in Nelson Nordie, you guys gettin your fair clip of scooting in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Looks like you guys are doing good.

Where next? Zihuatanejo??? If so you can find/stock up on good coffee there for later. Used to be a couple good "Expendio de Cafe" where you could buy the good stuff, as opposed to the usual swill in the red cans.Follow your nose downtown....May just also take you to the good Tequila, the stuff out of a barrel and bring your own container.

A few good almost deserted beaches north of there and some good camping spots, been a few years but sure a good place to eat fresh lobster and find/see creatures. Mars or......TV???? Didn't you recognize that big smile......

Can't really find a big thumper to head south but just got home. May get lucky in the next couple weeks. Don't think I'd ever catch up but you never know. I'd bring you some Canadian stickers for them nice bags....!

See any roadside stands for "Pata de Mula"???? Got to stop for those or "Coctel de Pulpo" on the beach. And some food pics??? I am hungry for real Mexican food, need ideas for DIY I always seem to find or remember some when I come here.

Should get my butt off here and get them Frijoles soaking then maybe up there and pick up some very nicely powdercoated BMW parts.

Ride on!
Heya Pierre the pace we go you could catch us on a step thru, 900 or our 950 is wasted .... we should bought a CG125 and put knobbies on it

We will be staying inland now looking at all sorts, Mexico City next on the list then who knows from there.

You still have snow in ya yard??
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #853
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,091
Quote:
Boyz with new toyz eh ..... How is life in Nelson Nordie, you guys gettin your fair clip of scooting in?
The TT needs new suspension bearings before they'll give me a warrant :(

The DR got a new chain and sprockets today and EddieB and I are swapping tanks tomorrow in Picton. He'll get my white IMS and I'll get his black.

The pushbikes are getting a workout though...
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #854
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,380
Quote:
We will be staying inland now looking at all sorts, Mexico City next on the list then who knows from there.

You still have snow in ya yard??
Mexico city....or..... . If the traffic guy whistles the shite out of you because you did "something" he didn't like, just crank up them HPs and keep going. But....guts were churning and I was in a hurry to find a safe(r) spot and fill up the "ice cream bucket".

Yeah snow....was melting yesterday. Couldn't get out of the yard til I shoveled some and sanded.Plow just went by and probably filled in the entrance. Could be much worse like Montreal and QC these days.

Darn bikes....hard to find here. Some but all stock. You know how it goes, order farkles....wait....install....tweak.....modify.... recheck PO's work/claims then.....improve.And there is a nice stock 09DR around, would almost have to sign up over there and get lectured, may not go all that well if I open my big mouth.

The yard Eh!....Just because I gave Ken my XL yesterday, might as well put "some" of it here he'll see it. Dirt tracker....I have shovels and Rum but no Pepsi.Yes, that's Beear damages them broken cherry tree branches.....

Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #855
Jantar
Kiwi

Oddometer: 65
Andi and Ellen, You two along with your hassles (now hopefully all behind you) were the main topic of conversation at the Vincent Rally last night. It was both pleasing and suprising to see how much interest there is in your ride even from bikers who don't go anywhere near adventure rides.

Keep the reports coming, there is a huge number of riders following your trip from here in Central Otago.
Jantar is offline   Reply With Quote