ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #76
nefj40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I haven't been in here much lately, (or riding for that matter) but I wanted to remind everyone the BMW rally is this weekend, in Franklin. The heat has passed and the weather is great for a ride. I might zip down in the morning.

'05 Dakar
nefj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #77
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Had planned on going, but life intervened...Went around from Bow to Victoria Springs to Sargent, then over to Comstock, Ord and back. Yeah, all road, but still a lot available out here now that I'm getting familiar with the country.

Traveling companion was my uncle on his 75 Norton 850 Commando. Good ride, great weather, cool stuff to see.
Tmaximusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #78
nefj40
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaximusv View Post
Had planned on going, but life intervened...Went around from Bow to Victoria Springs to Sargent, then over to Comstock, Ord and back. Yeah, all road, but still a lot available out here now that I'm getting familiar with the country.

Traveling companion was my uncle on his 75 Norton 850 Commando. Good ride, great weather, cool stuff to see.
Nice ride, know it well.

I saw my bike twice today, once this morning when I drove up to the shop to get the 4-wheeler to irrigate. And once again tonight for the same thing. I'm building another garage behind my house and spent most of the day putting up concrete forms.

'05 Dakar
Old 08-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #79
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefj40 View Post
I haven't been in here much lately, (or riding for that matter) but I wanted to remind everyone the BMW rally is this weekend, in Franklin. The heat has passed and the weather is great for a ride. I might zip down in the morning.

I think my bike is down. I will be filtering the oil for metal flakes tonight but would love to go. I would hate to get to Minden and the dam thing locks up on me. Maybe I could barrow my nephews bike.
crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #80
GSbiker
new and un-improved

Oddometer: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefj40 View Post
Or you could go to this.

GSbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #81
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSbiker View Post
Or you could go to this.
Too blessed much going on! . This Sat is our local gun club's show in Bow and our chapter of Prairieland Foods is having a TV crew in to promote the org and I'm a player in it.

Like the Cubs keep saying - waitll next year!
Tmaximusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #82
GSbiker
new and un-improved

Oddometer: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaximusv View Post
Too blessed much going on! . This Sat is our local gun club's show in Bow and our chapter of Prairieland Foods is having a TV crew in to promote the org and I'm a player in it.

Like the Cubs keep saying - waitll next year!
Guns are dangerous. Ride motorcycles and eat pie.

GSbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #83
SEKhund
Wind Sucks!

Oddometer: 23
Huskerland Rally

Rally was a good time and well attended with around 150 in attendance. We had a little rain on Saturday night but no weather casualties. Man they feed you good down there. Out.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #84
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKhund View Post
Rally was a good time and well attended with around 150 in attendance. We had a little rain on Saturday night but no weather casualties. Man they feed you good down there. Out.
Need to get back to that again. Good food, nice folks. 150 isn't too bad of a turnout either.

I spent the weekend working on my BMW, not riding it.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #85
SEKhund
Wind Sucks!

Oddometer: 23
Farthest rider was a guy from Prince Edward Island, Canada. 1800 miles one way. That's dedication. Same time, same place next year. I'm sure the Nightrider's will be tickled to have you back. I know I'm heading back. It's kinda nice to just hang out.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #86
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,551
I'm glad crashman started this thread. Lots more Nebraska folks than I knew were here!

Now if we could all just get together sometime.....

Between the Franklin BMW thing, Pie Fest, Verdigre Dual Sport Ride, Fifth Fest, monthly breakfasts and Ride the Hills...it really shouldn't be an issue

Maybe a spring fling sorta thing could happen in the central/S.W. Area of Nebraska (or N.W. KS!)?

-Kurt

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #87
Tallboy
hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKhund View Post
Farthest rider was a guy from Prince Edward Island, Canada. 1800 miles one way. That's dedication. Same time, same place next year. I'm sure the Nightrider's will be tickled to have you back. I know I'm heading back. It's kinda nice to just hang out.
yep - pretty chill. I usually go for 20 mile ride during the day Saturday just to get up and around. and to give me a break from the stew pot and watermelon.

i got chewed out the first year I went for showing up on a Yamaha by a drunken Honda rider.

Todd Snider
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #88
nefj40
Adventurer

PPP, that's what I'm guilty of (piss-poor-planning.) I have to take canal water on the west 80 every fri-sat-sun. All my july and august weekends are/where fooked this year. Next year when my ditch rider asks when I want water I'm breaking the calender out. This mental lapse happens every few years.

'05 Dakar
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #89
crashman44b OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Figured I better bring this to the top. Maybe some noobies out there. Had my bike out a day before the snow. It was about 50 but not bad. Im glad I took it out. Every dam winter I get the idea to sell my toys and that ride made me realize how good being on a bike felt and how much I enjoy it. Just take it for granted when parked.
crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #90
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
I'm glad crashman started this thread. Lots more Nebraska folks than I knew were here!

Now if we could all just get together sometime.....

Between the Franklin BMW thing, Pie Fest, Verdigre Dual Sport Ride, Fifth Fest, monthly breakfasts and Ride the Hills...it really shouldn't be an issue

Maybe a spring fling sorta thing could happen in the central/S.W. Area of Nebraska (or N.W. KS!)?

-Kurt
OK gonna bump to top. Breakfast in...Bow, Kearney, GI, Hastings? Got a favorite LZ?
9th or 23rd of Feb? Chance to plan a raid on the Spring Fling? (I'll be there in any case.)