ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #4486
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 4,946
The horses were headed to the barn :) We decided to leave Montevideo early to catch the 11:45 ship back to Buenos Aires.



Beautiful Summer morning. Perfect riding weather, no a cloud in the sky, simple road back to Colonia and all the preparation for shipping, and some final enjoyment in Buenos Aires!



Again, Love Uruguay and they also have free Moto passing of Paije (toll roads)



Parked our bikes out in front of the ship terminal to change our tickets..... "Grande Motos"



Then a quick check in and immigration out of Uruguay and into Argentina



All strapped down for the 1 hour ship to BA



Once off the ship in Argentina we needed to get our bike imported for the last time in South america!



And it was the friendliest Aduana experience of the entire trip so far. Our Aduana Agent was very funny. He "loooves America" it is "exxxxxceeellllent" Venice Beach "Exxxxxccceeelllent"



We had a great ride through Buenos Aires to get to the Apartment that we had rented. Have some great video of us enjoying the heavy traffic ..... and fun riding@! I Love it! Safety 3rd ask Claude





You can weave your way through traffic to the front where they have moto standing area right behind Pedestrian cross wakes. So very cool! Lovin it!



There is also the reality of a big city which is the "slum" area just outside of town. Seen it very often, but in the heat and humidity it would be a hard place to live.





It has been great riding with Claude. What is amazing is that as two totally different guys, meeting up and then riding for the past week. We had a great trip. We have very different outlooks, priorities and views on life. But we had a great time.

Thanks Claude for the great time riding in Uruguay and into Brazil. Too short but great memories none the less!
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 04:41 PM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #4487
TowPro
Healing time Sucks
 
TowPro's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Compass PA
Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Thanks. No time now, as I am shipping on Monday am :( will take care of it in NZ or while I transit to NZ
Even out of US, I think that bike has a 2 year unlimited warranty (3 in US). No way a shock should be leaking at this low of a mileage.
__________________
2014 R1200GS - My Naked Street Touring Bike
2000 KTM LC4 640 E - For everything else
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #4488
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 4,946
January 31st, 2013

It is another Date on my calendar. It marks 612 days on this trip, but much more importantly it is the two year Anniversary of my lovely wife, Chris passing away from Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease. She was only 54 years old

I write this later in the day, as I have experienced a wave of emotions starting as soon as I awoke. I took a little time to look for a photo to post to honor the passing of my lovely wife. Shed a few tears for the loss of the love of my life, the plans we had for growing old together, dreams lost, but also my journey in life ahead of me. Someone wished me "peace" this morning, but I already have this in spades. Faith, Hope, Courage and Finishing Strong have been my watchwords for many years now. I do not confuse painful emotion and tears for anything other than what they are.

I had the honor and privilege of loving and being loved by Chris. I took care of her in her years of decline and she has made my life better in more ways than I can express. But Loss is painful. And I know that it is OK to express it in the ways that I feel it.

As I reflect back on my life with Chris, decidedly it was full of life.

From the day we met



We truly had an amazing love story....



and Marriage



raising my step son in the process





Her beautiful style and legs.... the joy she had in her career in fashion retail and helping others along the way.






Motorcycle rides.






And then caring for her for over 5 years. The experience as a husband then caregiver including the most intimate daily parts of life like dressing, showering, toileting and ultimately loving on her.









and down to her final days we shared LOVE for this I am a very fortunate Man.





and then two years ago. She was gone. We "celebrated" her life together, to say goodbye.



And I will spend a lifetime letting go of the woman that I loved so dearly.


And I have appreciated so much kindness from people in this ADV community, (as well as family and friends), as I have shared my life and stories.

Simply have to say Thank You all for participating in my life!

__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 04:42 PM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #4489
MRED
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 151
Thank You for sharing the story of Chris.
I had the pleasure of meeting Chris early on and watching you on the long path.
Thanks for the privledge.

Don
__________________
Mr. Ed's Moto aka Don
Custom Seat Builder Since 1965
Premier Motogear of Oregon
Rev'It! Dealer since 2003
http://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto.htm
MRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #4490
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRED View Post
Thank You for sharing the story of Chris
Thanks Don. Appreciate you kind words. And I still love the Custom seat on both of my bikes that you made. Has made life on the road each day a pleasure!!

http://www.mredsmoto.com
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #4491
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Creeker747's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Oddometer: 225
Life

You not only inspire me to plan my next trip, but also make me not want to take my lovely bride of 26 years for granted. It looks like you and your wife lived a full life while together. You're a good man, and you certainly have a place to stay in Arizona next you're through.....

Peace and Godspeed!

Creeker747 screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 03:35 PM
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #4492
WU7X
The Old Fart
 
WU7X's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spoke Can, WA
Oddometer: 1,904
I have tears in my eyes reading again your story of love and sorrow. You make me realize every day how blessed I am with my wife of 40 years. I truly wish you peace. Of faith, hope, and love, you are the definition of love. Ride safe friend.
__________________
Sold "Fiona" 1982 R100RT Hack EML/Squire ST2 chair
"Gracie" - 1983 R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition
"Seika" - 2013 DL650 + DMC D72M Sidecar
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #4493
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer
 
Scubalong's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 700
I am touch

This put tears in my eyes
You are a great man Mark, you have serve her well and I am sure she is in a great place.
Take care and be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
It is another Date on my calendar. It marks 612 days on this trip, but much more importantly it is the two year Anniversary of my lovely wife, Chris passing away from Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease. She was only 54 years old

I write this later in the day, as I have experienced a wave of emotions starting as soon as I awoke. I took a little time to look for a photo to post to honor the passing of my lovely wife. Shed a few tears for the loss of the love of my life, the plans we had for growing old together, dreams lost, but also my journey in life ahead of me. Someone wished me "peace" this morning, but I already have this in spades. Faith, Hope, Courage and Finishing Strong have been my watchwords for many years now. I do not confuse painful emotion and tears for anything other than what they are.

I had the honor and privilege of loving and being loved by Chris. I took care of her in her years of decline and she has made my life better in more ways than I can express. But Loss is painful. And I know that it is OK to express it in the ways that I feel it.

As I reflect back on my life with Chris, decidedly it was full of life.

From the day we met



We truly had an amazing love story....



and Marriage



raising my step son in the process





Her beautiful style and legs.... the joy she had in her career in fashion retail and helping others along the way.






Motorcycle rides.






And then caring for her for over 5 years. The experience as a husband then caregiver including the most intimate daily parts of life like dressing, showering, toileting and ultimately loving on her.









and down to her final days we shared LOVE for this I am a very fortunate Man.





and then two years ago. She was gone. We "celebrated" her life together, to say goodbye.



And I will spend a lifetime letting go of the woman that I loved so dearly.


And I have appreciated so much kindness from people in this ADV community, (as well as family and friends), as I have shared my life and stories.

Simply have to say Thank You all for participating in my life!

Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #4494
GoinPostal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GoinPostal's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Sonoma, CA
Oddometer: 383
Thanks for sharing that beautiful and touching story. You are indeed a man among men.
__________________
Charter Member 'Group of Fools'
Group Of Fools Mexico Adventure 2012
Dust 2 Dawson 2012
Group of Fools Central America Adventure 2013
2012 Triple Black GSA
GoinPostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #4495
philincr
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 3
Thank you for sharing your story. You show how the so called adventure is not what percentage of the ride is on single track, how extreme the location or how fast or far you go. You are a great example of integrity, character and fortitude.

Good luck and be safe wherever you go from here.
philincr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #4496
Retired-N-Roamin
Retired and Roamin
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Western USA
Oddometer: 52
Thanks

A few tears in my eyes doesn't compare to the torrents I suspect that came from yours as you wrote about your lovely wife.



In a way I'm on the opposite side. I have a debilitating kidney disease that has the potential to go from chronic and controllable to acute and out of control within a short time. I fear for my mate and what she may have to deal with if/when that occurs. Life is never easy is it?

My medical issue (and the fact I'll not have the opportunity to be so far from medical services in the years to come) - is just one reason I find your RR so compelling. That, and you choose to share with us much more than just a sterile been there - did that.

Since I'll (probably) not make any epic adventure or RTW rides like you and others here, I'm setting up for my own 'mini' adventures here and there. A few days, a fortnight or so 'out of touch' and that'll be enough to do more than sit in an arm chair and pretend.

Your chronicle is impetus for me (and I hope others too) to get off our ass and just git-r-dun!

So... Thanks. Just that, thanks for taking us along.

Be safe.

Leo
.
__________________
"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to. The day will come when I die. The only matter of consequence is what I will do with my allotted time?

Retired-N-Roamin screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 06:24 PM
Retired-N-Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #4497
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-N-Roamin View Post
A few tears in my eyes doesn't compare to the torrents I suspect that came from yours as you wrote about your lovely wife.



In a way I'm on the opposite side. I have a debilitating kidney disease that has the potential to go from chronic and controllable to acute and out of control within a short time. I fear for my mate and what she may have to deal with if/when that occurs. Life is never easy is it?

My medical issue (and the fact I'll not have the opportunity to be so far from medical services in the years to come) - is just one reason I find your RR so compelling. That, and you and choose to share with us much more than just a sterile been there - did that.

Since I'll (probably) not make any epic adventure or RTW rides like you and others here, I'm setting up for my own 'mini' adventures here and there. A few days, a fortnight or so 'out of touch' and that'll be enough to do more than sit in an arm chair and pretend.

Your chronicle is impetus for me (and I hope others too) to get off our ass and just git-r-dun!

So... Thanks. Just that, thanks for taking us along.

Be safe.

Leo
.
No, Thank you Leo.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #4498
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
No, Thank you Leo.
could not have said it better myself!
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #4499
WU7X
The Old Fart
 
WU7X's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spoke Can, WA
Oddometer: 1,904
Not to steal Radioman's thunder here, but....Leo, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, my wife and I would be pleased to put you up for a night or two. Ride safe and have as much fun as you can!
__________________
Sold "Fiona" 1982 R100RT Hack EML/Squire ST2 chair
"Gracie" - 1983 R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition
"Seika" - 2013 DL650 + DMC D72M Sidecar
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #4500
Retired-N-Roamin
Retired and Roamin
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Western USA
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
No, Thank you Leo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
could not have said it better myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
Not to steal Radioman's thunder here, but....Leo, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, my wife and I would be pleased to put you up for a night or two. Ride safe and have as much fun as you can!
Thanks one and all.

My wife is from Germany - though she hasn't lived there in 30 years - and we're thinking two or three summers 2-up through Europe's small roads and tall mountains, with some side trips to the various wine regions. Don't forget getting to 71 N at Nordkapp. Maybe a summer to go kiss the Blarney Stone.

Here in the western US - no solid plans yet, but any would involve the coast, mountains and small roads. We'll see what shakes out.

Again, thanks for the acknowledgements and invitation.

Just had this thought... Isn't adventure where you find it? Sure there's a lot to be said for those grand vista's where the imprint of man is but a track in the dirt. I love those when and where I can find them. But it can be a grand adventure to discover the roads, tracks and trails just a few miles away from wherever we call home. It's just perspective and how we choose to see the world. For the able and capable I'll leave to them Siberia, the Gobi, Atacama and Cape York. For those of us that can't go there, I'll take a lesser adventure and marvel at the vista's none the less. We're all blessed to do what we are capable of. Ride on Radioman!

.
__________________
"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to. The day will come when I die. The only matter of consequence is what I will do with my allotted time?

Retired-N-Roamin screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 07:35 AM Reason: Added 'Thought'
Retired-N-Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014