Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #32866
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Thank you very much for the responses guys, I think it will give it the green light :)

Llamaha screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 07:51 PM
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #32867
pfy50
Professional nOOb

Oddometer: 421
Programmer Help Needed

I have searched on this thread, but I can't find any response to a question Kingwolf once posed (2years ago). I have a new Attitude Ind. FI programmer model 3.2 coming and wanted to know if anyone here has bought and successfully programed it for their WRR; standard Mods, FMF pipes,AIS & flapper removed. Just looking for baseline numbers to start off with.
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #32868
sodapop
Caffeinated

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
Got it, I didn't get that you meant X swap. I would say buy the x wheel and an R rotor if not wanting to mess with the caliper/MC stuff. Don't really need custom and incremental cost is small. Stoppies all day and fine for street, but my brake hand does get awful tired at the motard track.

Yes it impacts handling, it handles like the X. Whoot! Lower over all with lower front relative to R. This is a good thing, not something that needs to be compensated for like when simply lowering the R for a shorter rider.

My point is, I have sportsman set ups and tard setups, the 17s are the way to go (for second set) IMO and an easy swap.
I think confusion comes with the difference between X and R hubs. If I understand correctly, the front rotors are not interchangeable.

So, if you are starting with a WRR, which has the small front rotor, you can put on a 17" front wheel made with the WRR hub without changing the caliper. This means you will have a motard setup with a smaller front brake rotor than what Yamaha chose to put on the WRX.

If you are starting with a WRX, which has the large front rotor, you can put on a 21" front wheel made with the WRX hub without changing the caliper. This means you will have an off-road setup with a larger front brake rotor than what Yamaha chose to put on the WRR.

Some people buy the complete other front brake system with caliper, line, and lever. This way they can more easily change rotor sizes without bleeding brakes. Another idea is to have an "X" diameter rotor made to fit on an "R" hub.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2007 VFR800A

sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #32869
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
I used to think two sets of wheels was the cool, flatbill, black socks, bro thing to do, then I found myself going down gravel/dirt with the 17's and commuting on the 21/18....purely out of laziness but the hassle no matter if it's 10 minutes or an hour just wasn't for me.

Not matter how you shake it, it will take lot of tire changes to match the value of two sets of wheels, rotors, chains. Just makes stupid financial sense to me in my older age....then again this hobby has very little that is cheap or that makes financial sense.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #32870
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
I've got the 18/21 SM Pro kit on my X and they are indeed a direct swap. I also bought OEM brake rotors to save me the hassle of swapping those when I want to switch back and forth between street and dirt. Makes it real easy, and the larger diameter rotor up front offers great stopping power. I also bought a 49T sprocket for the rear wheel, and I use a 110 link chain.

You can use the same chain as long as you use the same size rear sprocket, but for dirt, you'll probably want 3 or 4 extra teeth in the rear.

Bike looks pretty tight(good).
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #32871
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
+1 So dirty.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #32872
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,181
Cycle World Comparison March 2013

Budget Bashers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #32873
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
+1 So dirty.
I was going to go all black( hate yellow) on my DRZ.....but then got rid of it in favor of the WRR.

DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #32874
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,004
Quote:
I've got the 18/21 SM Pro kit on my X and they are indeed a direct swap. I also bought OEM brake rotors to save me the hassle of swapping those when I want to switch back and forth between street and dirt. Makes it real easy, and the larger diameter rotor up front offers great stopping power. I also bought a 49T sprocket for the rear wheel, and I use a 110 link chain.

You can use the same chain as long as you use the same size rear sprocket, but for dirt, you'll probably want 3 or 4 extra teeth in the rear.

What mirror is that?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #32875
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,347
The mirror is made by Acerbis:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

Hands down, it is the worst piece of shit mirror ever made. I didn't buy it, rather, it was on the bike when I bought it. It felt good to toss it in the trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
What mirror is that?

FY-YFF.com
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
"You can't put the shit back in the donkey." - Tony Soprano
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #32876
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,642
Quote:

Hands down, it is the worst piece of shit mirror ever made. I didn't buy it, rather, it was on the bike when I bought it. It felt good to toss it in the trash.
Putting them under the bars works a LOT better, but they're really only good for low speed road sections.

I use mine whenever the day is going to be mostly tight trails and minimal highway. Hit a tree with the stock mirrors on and you're likely to break a brake/clutch perch.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #32877
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,347
The best mirrors I have found are these cheap eBay knock-off of the more expensive CRG models:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Motorcycle...5bd253&vxp=mtr

They're so cheap, I consider them to be disposable consumable parts, much like an oil filter. I bought 3 pairs of them and have them on both of my bikes (with a set of spares). You can mount them inside the controls, pointing down under the bars, or out at the end of the bars. They're rock solid and don't vibrate. If you bust one, then so what...you're out $5 bucks.

I also have since picked up some Double Take mirrors. A little more spendy $$ by the time you factor in the cost of RAM mounts, but they are very good (although they do vibrate an acceptably small amount).

FY-YFF.com
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
"You can't put the shit back in the donkey." - Tony Soprano
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #32878
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:

Those mirrors only exist so race bikes can pass tech inspection at enduros.
cjbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #32879
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones View Post
I used to think two sets of wheels was the cool, flatbill, black socks, bro thing to do.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #32880
lostmarbles
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
ok i just pick up a wr250r this week and it has a immixracing rear tail rack on it
does any one know if the wolfman side racks will work with it are not

Don't tell me the skies the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Have you seen my marbles?
you can't be lost if you still have half a tank
save 5$ on smugmug.com coupon #----(DE9oGz4LoiNZA )
lostmarbles is offline   Reply With Quote