ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #481
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com
 
jackpiner57's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Northeastern Vermont
Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
So...
Is the code date on those balls May 17th or May 2017?

It doesn't matter, they likely taste the same.
I found a package out in the barn loft last year and they tasted almost exactly like I remember 35 years ago. Except the creamy middle with the caraway seeds.
__________________
Tom - '07 DR-Z400S, '05 DL650
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: DRZ400, DR650, KLR650, WR250R:
http://www.moto-racks.com

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #482
dresda
shut up and RIDE!
 
dresda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Eastern Shore of Ontario
Oddometer: 969
Canuman, have you thought of doing the Four Corners of Newfoundland? There's a thread on RTR that list the details.

I certainly hope you participate in the Lighthouse Trophy Thread.
__________________
Stephanie
'01 Suzuki DR650 (Patsy Q), '11 VW Golf TDI Wagon
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #483
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresda View Post
Canuman, have you thought of doing the Four Corners of Newfoundland? There's a thread on RTR that list the details.

I certainly hope you participate in the Lighthouse Trophy Thread.
Dresda,

It's something I'd like to do at some point, but I don't think it will be on this journey. We are attempting to avoid as much pavement as possible, and I think the amount of tarmac on that run is considerable. Not exactly DRZ terrain.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #484
AtlasExp
beer me
 
AtlasExp's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 432
If amount of tarmac or pavement on the whole trip is more than 0.786% I will complain to Fearless leader department of Vermont!
__________________
Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E and KLR650 and DR650: http://www.moto-racks.com/ Find me on Instagram " ahtoxa007 "
AtlasExp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #485
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer
 
C-Stain's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Canoodia, eh?
Oddometer: 5,789
I think its about time to drag this thread off of page 2.

Had to book Vacation for the summer last night to guarantee my Seniority Rights when it came time to assign time off. Since I left, and came back again, I'm on the bottom of the list. Yeah, that's right. The Bottom. I shoulda fuckin stayed and been ready to start taking my 5th week of vacation next year, but lesson learned, right?

ANYWHO....

Cowbell911 and I are booked for August 3-13 to Ride the Rock. No plans as of yet. When are the rest of you FFs going to be there?

Plans are fluid...If my time is not approved, the date dice will be rolled again and I'll see what happens...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
C-Stain is wise.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #486
8gv
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North central CT
Oddometer: 2,343
I have dedicated my vacation to the cause. Whenever the collective goes, I go. I'm unsure of the starting location.

My two place trailer may have room for another bike if my dual sport friend can't go. Normally I'd say he's all in but since he just bought a Harley, normal is on vacation. I may not have as much time as everybody else. If I can cross over on the ferry from NS with the group I can at least get the Rock ride done with no pre or post riding. I'll need to find a place to keep my car and trailer in NS. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #487
AtlasExp
beer me
 
AtlasExp's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
I have dedicated my vacation to the cause. Whenever the collective goes, I go. I'm unsure of the starting location.

My two place trailer may have room for another bike if my dual sport friend can't go. Normally I'd say he's all in but since he just bought a Harley, normal is on vacation. I may not have as much time as everybody else. If I can cross over on the ferry from NS with the group I can at least get the Rock ride done with no pre or post riding. I'll need to find a place to keep my car and trailer in NS. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.
Criminal situation in NS is very bad!!!! Its not safe to park car and trailer anywhere!!!! So you will have to go with us for full time trip!!!!! And why you mentioning Harley in this thread?
__________________
Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E and KLR650 and DR650: http://www.moto-racks.com/ Find me on Instagram " ahtoxa007 "
AtlasExp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #488
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer
 
C-Stain's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Canoodia, eh?
Oddometer: 5,789
[QUOTE=8gv;20627377 I'll need to find a place to keep my car and trailer in NS. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Depending on which way you come I to the province, I may be able to provide a safe place to park your car and trailer. PM me for details.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
C-Stain is wise.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #489
8gv
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North central CT
Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasExp View Post
Criminal situation in NS is very bad!!!! Its not safe to park car and trailer anywhere!!!! So you will have to go with us for full time trip!!!!! And why you mentioning Harley in this thread?


Anton,
You've seen my car and trailer. Why would anyone want that? The rock is the most important part of the ride for me. If my bike or I have some misfortune before achieving Ride the Rock status it would be disappointing.

By riding only ON the rock I can give my last rpms and breath for the cause.

Sorry for using the "H" word. I'll go wash my mouth out with chain lube!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #490
8gv
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: North central CT
Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
Depending on which way you come I to the province, I may be able to provide a safe place to park your car and trailer. PM me for details.
I think I'll be taking the bridge onto NS and trailering up to the ferry that leaves from Sydney. It's all new to me. PM coming.

Also, in Canada do I need a DNR dog tag or bracelet for my bike? For me?
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #491
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,614
I was looking toward the last two weeks of August, simply because a number of people want to attend the Skibum Soiree.

Can't beat a good soiree, unless you maybe have a cotillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
I think its about time to drag this thread off of page 2.

Had to book Vacation for the summer last night to guarantee my Seniority Rights when it came time to assign time off. Since I left, and came back again, I'm on the bottom of the list. Yeah, that's right. The Bottom. I shoulda fuckin stayed and been ready to start taking my 5th week of vacation next year, but lesson learned, right?

ANYWHO....

Cowbell911 and I are booked for August 3-13 to Ride the Rock. No plans as of yet. When are the rest of you FFs going to be there?

Plans are fluid...If my time is not approved, the date dice will be rolled again and I'll see what happens...
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #492
dresda
shut up and RIDE!
 
dresda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Eastern Shore of Ontario
Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I was looking toward the last two weeks of August, simply because a number of people want to attend the Skibum Soiree.
Excellent!
__________________
Stephanie
'01 Suzuki DR650 (Patsy Q), '11 VW Golf TDI Wagon
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #493
dresda
shut up and RIDE!
 
dresda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Eastern Shore of Ontario
Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
I'll need to find a place to keep my car and trailer in NS. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.
There's a field near the ferry, ie, walking distance, and they charge you to leave your vehicle there. I don't know the details but we'll be leaving ours there. Not riding a bike through Quebec ever again!
__________________
Stephanie
'01 Suzuki DR650 (Patsy Q), '11 VW Golf TDI Wagon
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #494
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,614
So long as it has tires and rims when we get back, that sounds like a plan. Where would further info be had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresda View Post
There's a field near the ferry, ie, walking distance, and they charge you to leave your vehicle there. I don't know the details but we'll be leaving ours there. Not riding a bike through Quebec ever again!
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #495
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I was looking toward the last two weeks of August, simply because a number of people want to attend the Skibum Soiree.

Can't beat a good soiree, unless you maybe have a cotillion.
As Stephanie said, it would be great if we could meet up then, in NL at the Soiree, assuming one happens this year.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014