Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #7936
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 614
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Lee, I bought my old Joe Rocket jacket in 2001. It's dated, but no reason to update. The thing has done everything I've asked of it. They're well put together.
Greg, I'll be blowing into PHX next Saturday night. I may switch the Street Glide rental to a 1200RT. We'll see. Hope to break bread with you guys.
Lyle
Hey Lyle...

I Know the joe Rocket jacket will last a long time - my current one is 3 years old, and other than fading, there are no problems with it whatsoever...it is just I have shed significant bulk, and the old jacket falls off me now...I have no choice but to buy a new one - one which is, unlike my previous one, cut for a female body!!! The thing is, I still have 70 lbs to reach my final goal - and at that point, I may need to buy yet another new jacket - it all depends on how much my shape changes over the next 10 - 12 months...I guess I could have waited until March to buy my new jacket, but I am guessing I will only lose 10-15 lbs between now and then, and jacket I
bought will see me through this season for sure...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #7937
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,239
aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by on-off View Post
Damn,I looked at the picture of you and your son and cant tell who is 59! Good on ya! The big 50 for me this year.
I agree Mark maintains his youth, not sure how he does it, it certainly was not from "living right"! I will be hitting the big 50 this summer as well Doug, so you wont be the only one!
calan818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #7938
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,239
A Month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
The weather is improving here, going to be in the mid twenties everyday.
Going to check out some bike rentals next week. Not in any big rush, got a month to scope things out.
Greg, you sure make retirement look good! Due to some management changes, I have been at work 26 out of 31 days in the month of January. No wonder I hardly ever post online! However Deborah and I are off to Fargo for a couple days! I wont bore you with pictures of snow! Have a great weekend everyone!
calan818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #7939
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Greg, you sure make retirement look good! Due to some management changes, I have been at work 26 out of 31 days in the month of January. No wonder I hardly ever post online! However Deborah and I are off to Fargo for a couple days! I wont bore you with pictures of snow! Have a great weekend everyone!
I will go take a few photos of the pool area, just to cheer you up a little. It's going to 75f here today, so going to get some "rays".
Checked out a bike rental place and looks like we go that a few times while we are here.
Have fun in Fargo, it's a great place for a weekend get away.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #7940
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
I will go take a few photos of the pool area, just to cheer you up a little. It's going to 75f here today, so going to get some "rays".
Checked out a bike rental place and looks like we go that a few times while we are here.
Have fun in Fargo, it's a great place for a weekend get away.
So, where exactly is "here" today? 75f! I'm green. Be safe
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #7941
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
Hey Lyle...

I Know the joe Rocket jacket will last a long time - my current one is 3 years old, and other than fading, there are no problems with it whatsoever...it is just I have shed significant bulk, and the old jacket falls off me now...I have no choice but to buy a new one - one which is, unlike my previous one, cut for a female body!!! The thing is, I still have 70 lbs to reach my final goal - and at that point, I may need to buy yet another new jacket - it all depends on how much my shape changes over the next 10 - 12 months...I guess I could have waited until March to buy my new jacket, but I am guessing I will only lose 10-15 lbs between now and then, and jacket I
bought will see me through this season for sure...

I don't think a textile jacket looks any good till it's faded. LOL! Good luck on the "goal". There is no better reason to buy new gear. I work with a chap that just had his MD read him the "riot act"......He's pretty much had to change out his whole wardrobe. In his case, that was double good. Most of his crap was from the 70's! You go girl!
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #7942
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,034
I have the Tourmaster version of the convertible jacket...I'm very happy with it, less gear to carry!

The best deal I ever got on gear, however, was from a sale at Dennis Kirk, bought a matching set of Technics jackets for the wife and I, 49 bucks each!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #7943
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 732
Minneapolis Supercross

Picked up 5 tickets for the April 13th race. $50 each on line at Ticketmaster. Super pumped. Haven't been to a sx race in about 10 years.
Tonight's race is in Anaheim (Speed 930pm). My money's on Trey Canard for the longshot win although Villopoto is the fav.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #7944
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
A little KLR action in the garage today....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=988
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #7945
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post

Thats funny, the cabin fever must be hitting all of us. I was in the -25 garage installing my new wolfman racks and bags and wearing my aerostich around the house
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #7946
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee View Post
Thats funny, the cabin fever must be hitting all of us. I was in the -25 garage installing my new wolfman racks and bags and wearing my aerostich around the house

Nice! Looking forward to seeing that Wolfmann rack/bags setup. Maybe you could stuff 'em and take some pics? You bought a 1 piece Aerostich suit?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #7947
DrydenRider
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,785
Could not see the pictures??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post

DrydenRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #7948
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
Try now!
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #7949
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
Nice! Looking forward to seeing that Wolfmann rack/bags setup. Maybe you could stuff 'em and take some pics? You bought a 1 piece Aerostich suit?

Racks, cross-threaded one bolt and had to remove part of a home-made heat shield I already had, but otherwise as easy as replacing 6 bolts (included)

Bags can roll up or down to increase or decrease space, just like a canoe drybag.

No need to relocate signals.

Got the matching tankbag, and have tank panniers too (not shown)

I want to love the jacket, but I'm not there yet. Bought it on sale (showroom/photoshoot sample). Gonna miss my Fieldsheer jacket.

Also picked up some LED lights, about 1000 lumens each.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #7950
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,898
Jacket matches the bags!

Wow, with that jacket and your helmet, you WILL be seen... a (very) good thing! I really like that Wolfmann setup. One thing I've read a couple of times is how, when (there's no if, right) you do drop your bike, the bags will absorb some shock and you'll wind up with less damage than if you had hard boxes on racks - I like that. That bag material looks so tough! You are all set for some serious summer adventuring now! Am still dreaming of that AB foothills FTR ride I'm hoping to do this summer. Retirement imminent.