Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #24721
Ross Shafer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
In response to the "Dude, what are you hawking?" and "he's a terrorist post" ....I didn't realize my description of the SME style axle block/sliders was so vague. My intent in directing folks to my website was not to see the sliders (there's nothing about them there), but simply as a way to contact me through direct email as opposed to dealing PM's or posting my email addy here (I'm told that a sure way to invite spam/scam emails).

These sliders are a side project I did in my shop for myself and thought some other folks might want some since SME no longer makes them. I do freelance product design and development work which is what my website is about. I do no sales through my website. I hope this explanation and this link to a photo of these parts: http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
clears up any confusion or homeland security concerns....save your bullets, you have nothing to fear from me.

Sorry, I'm still not able to get the linked photo to show up in my post...While I've posted photos with no probIem on at least 4 other forums...I guess I'm tech challenged when it comes to posting things on this and one other forum.
Ross Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #24722
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Shafer View Post
In response to the "Dude, what are you hawking?" and "he's a terrorist post" ....I didn't realize my description of the SME style axle block/sliders was so vague. My intent in directing folks to my website was not to see the sliders (there's nothing about them there), but simply as a way to contact me through direct email as opposed to dealing PM's or posting my email addy here (I'm told that a sure way to invite spam/scam emails).

These sliders are a side project I did in my shop for myself and thought some other folks might want some since SME no longer makes them. I do freelance product design and development work which is what my website is about. I do no sales through my website. I hope this explanation and this link to a photo of these parts: http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
clears up any confusion or homeland security concerns....save your bullets, you have nothing to fear from me.

Sorry, I'm still not able to get the linked photo to show up in my post...While I've posted photos with no probIem on at least 4 other forums...I guess I'm tech challenged when it comes to posting things on this and one other forum.
Just kidding!
Send your photos to me and I'll post them for you. fritzcoinc@gmail.com
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #24723
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Bitter Sweet goodbye '09 TE610 for sale

The Broxton Bridge Dualsport event in Jan was an absolute Blast, and confirmed my desire to run as many dual sport events and enduros as I can fit into my work schedule. Unfortunately, a one bike promise to my wife means the TE has to go if I want a lighter steed. If I lived near the mountains like BarberPole, I'd be keeping this bike another ten years at least, but rocks, hills washed out jeep trails are all 5-8 hours away.
Xymotic, Xcuvator, 1Lunger, and so many others, thanks for all the TE610 specific tips and generally getting me back up to speed after that 26 year sebatical from riding. Maybe I'll even hit one of the enduros up near you 1Lunger.
Well, time to get to work on the craigslist posting. I'll post a link when it's done. If no one jumps on it right away, I may be persuaded to pull the Rekluse if anyone wants it. Seems like a got 50-100 miles before the dualsport and put another 100-120 on there. Even if not from me, get one! The things make riding the TE in technical stuff SOOOOO much easier!

Anyone got a tagable bike (TE250, 310, 300XC-W, 450 EXC, etc.) they want to sell)?

Here's the link to Craigslist add. http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/3589319483.html

Clint

StolenFant screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 11:59 AM Reason: add link to clisting
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #24724
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
All you have to do is copy and paste the IMG link from photobucket in your post like this:

2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #24725
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Here you go Ross.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #24726
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Okey Dokey, my missing material finally showed up so the pucks are done and these suckers are ready to ship. $90 pr includes shipping within the continental US. If you'd like some please do not PM me through the forum, but contact me through my business website: www.six-ninedesign.com.

Oh yeah, these will fit other Husky models. The part number for the OEM axle block is: 8000 96941, if your bike whatever model it is, has axle blocks with that part number (Hall's has all the parts manual available to see on their website) then these babies will work for you. You can email me if you'd like a drawing showing all the pertinent dimensions to check compatibility.

Here's a link to a photo of these parts: http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

Happy riding!
Ross
You should post these on SuperMoto Junkie. You'll sell a bunch of these. BTW, Nice work!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #24727
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

2009 TE610 for sale update.

Got a PM for more detail on the TE.

Fellow ADV'r races one of these in some of the knarliest enduros in Northeast, is BEGGING for the Rekluse. Im offering a quick discount to you of $400 if you don't want the Rekluse. Ask him about how they run, setups, etc.

Some details: I haven't changed the oil or ridden since the Dual Sport, because I think "fresh" oil on a used bike looks like seller is "hiding" something.
Oct 7, 2012 8624mi- Oil/Filter chged, valves checked (as usual, still between .0002 & .0003).
Dec 9, 2012 9200mi- installed and began tuning Rekluse Christmas work and travel really stretched this project out.
Dec. 29, 2012 9282- Rekluse setup finished, Oil/Filter chgd, and bike prepped for Dualsport in Jan.
Jan. 5, 2013 9296- Pirelli Scorpion Pro rear FINALLY arrived and mounted for DualSport next weekend.
Current mi. 9406, Pulled Scorpion Pro rear to save it for Dualsports/enduros, and remounted 40% MT-21 to ride with friends last weekend. Found a 2013 KTM 300XCW lightly used. Husky is parked for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
The Broxton Bridge Dualsport event in Jan was an absolute Blast, and confirmed my desire to run as many dual sport events and enduros as I can fit into my work schedule. Unfortunately, a one bike promise to my wife means the TE has to go if I want a lighter steed. If I lived near the mountains like BarberPole, I'd be keeping this bike another ten years at least, but rocks, hills washed out jeep trails are all 5-8 hours away.
Xymotic, Xcuvator, 1Lunger, and so many others, thanks for all the TE610 specific tips and generally getting me back up to speed after that 26 year sebatical from riding. Maybe I'll even hit one of the enduros up near you 1Lunger.
Well, time to get to work on the craigslist posting. I'll post a link when it's done. If no one jumps on it right away, I may be persuaded to pull the Rekluse if anyone wants it. Seems like a got 50-100 miles before the dualsport and put another 100-120 on there. Even if not from me, get one! The things make riding the TE in technical stuff SOOOOO much easier!

Anyone got a tagable bike (TE250, 310, 300XC-W, 450 EXC, etc.) they want to sell)?

Here's the link to Craigslist add. http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/3589319483.html

Clint
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #24728
Ross Shafer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Thanks for your help with the axle block pics guys!
Ross Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #24729
SilverBullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
...Some details: I haven't changed the oil or ridden since the Dual Sport, because I think "fresh" oil on a used bike looks like seller is "hiding" something...
I look at it more like the bike needs nothing but a rider. Selling a bike with current tags, inspection and all maintenance current including an oil change if needed means the new buyer shouldn't have to touch it for a couple thousand miles. Your bike doesn't actually need an oil change now so different, just tell them date and mileage above when last done and they will know you maintain properly and on schedule.

_
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #24730
Aey dubya
Thumper Humper

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post

Don't Want to sound like a mom here, but make sure you guys are beveling the edges when doing aluminum. It is prone to poor penetration and you might end up doing it again. On the up side if you didn't you can take a cutting disc to the back side of the joint then back weld it.
Aey dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #24731
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 395
Just thought I'd drop a quick line here about how pleased I am with this new to me '08 610.

I did the resistor/performance upgrade complete with an Uptite Exhaust and the bike is straight rippin now. It feels like a totally different bike from stock. The Uptite Exhaust is really nice. I also put on a seat concepts seat, big improvement.

Quick question: How do I stop the front brake from squealing? Is this something specific to the 610? I tried some of that disk brake quiet, but it didn't work; perhaps I did it wrong.

Would new brake pads do the fix?

Thanks.
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #24732
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Who needs a brake? Close the throttle, and the TE engine braking will nearly throw you over the bars
Actually, never had a squealing issue, and do use the front brakes quote hard off road. Enjoy it. They're fantastic bikes! I'm gonna have to update the mileage in my classified ad. I keep sneaking out for little rides after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Pistolship View Post
Just thought I'd drop a quick line here about how pleased I am with this new to me '08 610.

I did the resistor/performance upgrade complete with an Uptite Exhaust and the bike is straight rippin now. It feels like a totally different bike from stock. The Uptite Exhaust is really nice. I also put on a seat concepts seat, big improvement.

Quick question: How do I stop the front brake from squealing? Is this something specific to the 610? I tried some of that disk brake quiet, but it didn't work; perhaps I did it wrong.

Would new brake pads do the fix?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #24733
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

My front brakes make noise too. Did from day 1.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #24734
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Got my Moty battery today. It's the new design that fits in the tray better than the shrink wrapped ones. It's high impact plastic and weighs 1.5lbs. I wedged some foam around it and its snug as a bug in a rug. Seems like a high quality product!

Specs if anyone's interested

1 lunger screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 05:55 PM
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #24735
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,281
06 te 610

Does anyone have a PDF of torque specs for the bike? I can't find anything out there. Pulled the suspension off to revalve and don't know what to tighten the stuff back up to.
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote