User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,669
1971 Honda CL 100 rear hub drive wear & sprocketquestion

This bikes rear sprocket hub has 4 stubs that insert into the dampers. My parts (original w/10k) were all in place and when I removed the drive chain I noticed that the rear sprocket has radial play,i.e., fore & aft from the loose fit of the "stub pegs" into the bore of the dampers. In checking the stub male part they are nice and round and the steel bores of dampers look OK too. How much play, if any, in the rear sprocket with new parts? How much is acceptable?
The sprocket tooth count is 46T rear & 14T front- parts fiche shows 39,40,41 & 43 as OEM. My front sprocket needs replacement & rear is very nice-which tooth count would you opt for with this 100cc bike & why? I'm seeing mostly 14 & 15T front sprockets to pick from. I'd rather not throw $$$ @ a new rear sprocket. The ratio now= 3.28 & would go to 3.06 w/15T front. Thanks
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote