ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #7231
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,754
CJ has already saved my engine once. The clutch cover was the best mod ever: KatoomWife got it for me AND installed it.
__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #7232
Cuse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cuse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
CJ has already saved my engine once. The clutch cover was the best mod ever: KatoomWife got it for me AND installed it.
How do I get on that program?
Cuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #7233
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid
 
Katoom119's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 1,754
Marry a badass.
__________________
Those who dance are considered crazy by those who do not hear the music.
I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. - Radmacher

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #7234
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Marry a badass.
+ 1,000,000 on that.
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #7235
Cuse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cuse's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom119 View Post
Marry a badass.
I'm gonna have to work on that. Mine encourages me to buy whatever I want for the bike but has never installed anything for me. If I could get her to do that I'd have more time to drink. Good on you.
Cuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #7236
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's
 
StevefrmGV's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Nor Cal.
Oddometer: 383
The Trasformation Begins

Doing a major tune up and cosmetic upgrade. Can you say Crispi Design?


[IMG][/IMG]]




Stay tuned for more to come
__________________
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
Edward Abbey
StevefrmGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #7237
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Oddometer: 650
Finally fixed that small yet annoying oil leak... And installed new front txc 80
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #7238
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,517
Installed the forks after getting tuned Pro Action valves and a rebuild from the Pro Action suspension franchise at my local KTM dealer in Austin. The difference in the ride was noticeable immediately. The front is plush and planted now, while smoothing out the little bumps. It dives much less and in a more controlled fashion at stops and when entering turns at speed. Simply love the way it feels now, as if I am even more a part of the bike.

Also, while I had it apart I reverted back to the OEM front fender from the tall one that was installed when I bought the bike two years ago. This is in preparation for the upcoming Texas Summer and I am hoping that the airflow to the radiator will be improved.

Lastly, a little brake line work. I cut the stiffening plastic from the two brake lines that went to either side of the tall fender (MX style), and rerouted them so they now flex between the lower triple clamp and the OEM fender. Put a couple of rubber coated clamps on the lower tree to route the lines through. At a glance, I should be able to use this arrangement with either fender installed

I left the speedo wire as is, running straight up the fork leg through the guide, rather than try to strip the stiffening plastic off and damage the wire in the process.

Anyway, I am happy with the looks and the functional changes. The cockpit is a lot neater without having two brake lines moving up and down when I ride.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #7239
DirtJack
Adventurer
 
DirtJack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Oddometer: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
Installed the forks after getting tuned Pro Action valves and a rebuild from the Pro Action suspension franchise at my local KTM dealer in Austin. The difference in the ride was noticeable immediately. The front is plush and planted now, while smoothing out the little bumps. It dives much less and in a more controlled fashion at stops and when entering turns at speed. Simply love the way it feels now, as if I am even more a part of the bike.
Spring change? If so, what tension? Hadn't thought of using that shop for suspension work, it would save shipping costs for me.
__________________
Remember, you're reading this on the Internet and it was written by a guy who can remember stuff which never happened.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2008 KTM 300 XC (plated)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #7240
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
Spring change? If so, what tension? Hadn't thought of using that shop for suspension work, it would save shipping costs for me.
The previous owner had already upgraded the spring and I was able to set correct sag with it, so didn't have to change that.

I did get a complete rebuild with seals, bushings, fluid, etc. and they had to replace one component that had frozen/corroded into place. Got out for about $420.00. Would have otherwise been about $370.00 for the rebuild with custom valves and seals/bushings/oil.

The Pro Action folks have apparently been in the suspension game for 35 years and have a bunch of shops scattered all over. I couldn't find much information about them in searches, but a call to their headquarters in PA left me feeling that they were well versed and that they supported their network with specs for lots of bike/rider/style combinations. I was told they had done ten or so of 950/990s in the past year or two nationwide, and now had the data for dialing it in.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #7241
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV View Post
Doing a major tune up and cosmetic upgrade. Can you say Crispi Design?


[IMG][/IMG]]




Stay tuned for more to come
Yup! Do it - you won't regret it.
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #7242
DirtJack
Adventurer
 
DirtJack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Oddometer: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
The previous owner had already upgraded the spring and I was able to set correct sag with it, so didn't have to change that.

I did get a complete rebuild with seals, bushings, fluid, etc. and they had to replace one component that had frozen/corroded into place. Got out for about $420.00. Would have otherwise been about $370.00 for the rebuild with custom valves and seals/bushings/oil.

The Pro Action folks have apparently been in the suspension game for 35 years and have a bunch of shops scattered all over. I couldn't find much information about them in searches, but a call to their headquarters in PA left me feeling that they were well versed and that they supported their network with specs for lots of bike/rider/style combinations. I was told they had done ten or so of 950/990s in the past year or two nationwide, and now had the data for dialing it in.
Good info. Thanks, Moto. I'll talk to Tom about this the next time I'm up there.
__________________
Remember, you're reading this on the Internet and it was written by a guy who can remember stuff which never happened.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2008 KTM 300 XC (plated)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #7243
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius
 
FakeName's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,617
What did I do to it?

Thrashed it around on a moto track. Kept the bags and GPSs on for the full effect.

__________________
ADVdiscount Motorcycle Product Photography


2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #7244
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
What did I do to it?

Thrashed it around on a moto track. Kept the bags and GPSs on for the full effect.

__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #7245
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius
 
FakeName's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
One of the local motocross guys said,"500lbs? That's like riding TWO bikes out there".
__________________
ADVdiscount Motorcycle Product Photography


2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014