User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
saito OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Poland

I've been planning on visiting some Polish friends, and as I'm there, i would love to see some more of the country.

I only have 2 weeks for the whole trip (including driving from belgium to poland and back, plowing autobahn through germany), so I want to see the most I can in that short timespan.

The friends I have in Poland are in Warsaw so that is a certainty.

I woud like to hear from you guys what you think is a must see in Poland, nice roads, beautifull scenery, you name it, i want to see it. I drive a 1150 GSA so some offroading is no problem, as long as it is do-able for a fat pig.

Thank you in advance for your input!
saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
erik Fl
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Take the highway through Germany and go to Wroclaw (from Gent it will be around 1.100km, you can do it in 1 day)...it's a "not interesting travelling-day" but necessair to make some distance.
Wroclaw is the perfect place for party at the rynek (market-place) certainly on fridays and saturdays !
You can continue direction Krakow (very beautiful) passing at Auschwich and even passing in Zakopane to see the nice Tatra-mountains.
After Warsaw, in the north (direction of the Lituanian border) you could drive into the Mazuri (lake-district) and even make a visit at Hitlers Wolfschanze.

Poland is a great country and there is very much to see and to do...and if you have some Polish friends than they will surely be pleased to show you around !
If you give me some more detailed places or regions than i could give you some more information about nice places.
Enjoy Poland...as I do ! :-)
erik Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
saito OP
Adventurer

Thank you for the answer Erik. You mention alot of cities I could visit. But I should have said in the ope
ning post that I'm not really interesting in cities. My interests go more towards nature, desolate places and beautifull roads.

None the less thank you verry much for your input.

saito screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 08:23 AM
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
erik Fl
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Then go to the north-east in Mazuri-district or to the south into the Tatra-mountains...near the Slowakia/Ukraine/Poland border (south-east) you have the Bieszczady-region...for sure you will find everything you like there, it's still a complete wild light-mountainious place...it's fantastic !! :-)
Enjoy and have fun !
erik Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
jesperd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik Fl View Post
... or to the south into the Tatra-mountains...near the Slowakia/Ukraine/Poland border (south-east) you have the Bieszczady-region...for sure you will find everything you like there, it's still a complete wild light-mountainious place...it's fantastic !! :-)
Enjoy and have fun !
I second that. I've ridden in those areas a couple of times and they are great. They offer both gravel and smoth paved roads. I rode some gravel south of Krakow last year on a 1200GSA, without problems. If you do this after visiting your friends in Warsaw, you can return via backroads along the borders PL/SL, PL/CZ and CZ/DE for a northen return route. If you prefer a more southern return route, you could choose CZ/A and CZ/DE.
jesperd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
saito OP
Adventurer

tthank you both verry much for the reply, that is exactelly the information i'm looking for!
Keep it comming!

saito
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
JohnnyTh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Depending on what your interested in i could recomend the wolf's nest. Hitlers war hq during ww2. Make sure you studdy you maps before you go. It was kinda hard to find. Hidden in a thick forest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf's_Lair
JohnnyTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
saito OP
Adventurer

That looks interesting :) Tank you for the info!

saito
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
yeuop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
hello, last year i rode some km in SE poland, you may see some pictures of it here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819023

greetings from poland
yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #10
saito OP
Adventurer

I've read your report, looks cool, makes me want to make time go faster so I can leave tomorow :)