ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Carolina Adventure World, Winnsboro SC, Feb 2nd

February 2nd
TNT Motorsports
9AM until....

EDIT: CHANGING THE LOCATION TO TNT MOTORSPORTS!!!!!

TNT Link
Google Map Link

I'm chompin at the bit to ride my new to me KDX, since nothing is open nearby during the week. This is the extent of my riding on it so far. Seriously.

I've got 4 or 5 already going with me. If we get 10 its 10% off. $25 for all day riding. I've heard there can be a lot of ATVs but there is some bike only trails as well as fire roads. Also, we can plan on some good food for dinner if we get enough of a group. There is also camping and cabins on site for out of towners. Who's with me?

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans

dirtysouthjacket screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 12:00 PM Reason: Changed Riding Location
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
I might be down for this, but will have to check into lodging situations for Friday after class tonight.

Also, the code for the CAW hyperlink is a little messed up, FYI.

Draechon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Draechon, I think I got the links fixed now.

I might be willing to splurge on lodging there if we get enough people, it sure would make it simpler. But looks like they are wanting a 2 night minimum which I can't stay Saturday night.

More details such as ride times, etc to follow once we figure out better numbers

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Iv'e been there and rented a 4wheeler. It was alot of fun, but don't plan on taking any "Big" DS bikes there. My KLR650 would not be fun there at all. It's really dusty I remember and some of the stuff get's pretty tough. I would totally go on a smaller bike but not me and my fat KLR.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

I think the only draw back to bigger bikes is the stamina factor. Wears you out quicker. I'm by no means an experienced rider, but I took my KLR up to Uwharrie last year and had a blast (until some dude picked my bike up for me and then dropped it breaking the clutch lever).

But I'll be sticking to the KDX200 mostly for this trip. I ordered a pressure suit, just cause I plan on getting in trouble. If there is room on the trailer, I'm going to bring the F800GS. Right now it is looking like the KDX, and Friends DR250, and TTR125 will be making the trip on the trailer. Really hoping to teach my GF how to ride on the TTR125.

Looks like we have 3 maybe 4 inmates going, wives and gfs, and then hopefully 2 or 3 coworkers. I don't think CAW is the ideal place, but for all the limited group riding going on, this should be a fun event just to get out and meet people.

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,256
Don't know exactly where your starting point is, but you may want to check this place out as well.

http://outbackmotorsportscomplex.com/

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

So far most of the riders are from Columbia and Charleston SC. We might pick up a few stragglers from Charlotte. But will definitely keep that place in mind for future riding events! Thanks!

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Ok, executive decision. We're changing this weekend's riding location to TNT Motorsports. Only 20 mins away from CAW.

1502 Brown Road
Chester, SC 29706
(803) 385-5048

Bandy's wife is now taking a beginner dirt class at TNT and logistically it makes sense to switch to that location for everyone. Its also closer for those coming from Charlotte. We are getting there at 9AM sharp. Rumor on the dirt is that the riding is better at TNT anyways. Who knows?

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,921
Hey guys. I've been wanting to make it out to CAW for a long time, but I've never heard of TNT. Anyways, I think I may tag along with y'all if that's ok. I'm a bit of a newb, but I'll try not to hold any one up, if I make it out there.

I'll be coming from Spartanburg. I'll probably trailer my XT225, just in case me or the bike are too wrecked for the ride home. I also have a TTR125 I could throw on the trailer if anyone has someone that may want to ride it. Just let me know.

Do y'all plan on packing a lunch, or do they have food out there?

Could some one shoot me a PM with a phone number so I can touch bases with you if I decide to go?

Thanks, Jonathan
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Glad to hear you are coming, I think the weather is going to be perfect! I shot you a PM with my digits. You didn't even have to get me drunk.

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
Glad to hear you are coming, I think the weather is going to be perfect! I shot you a PM with my digits. You didn't even have to get me drunk.
Lol.
That's good about the weather. I hadn't had a chance to look.
Pm replyed.
Quote:
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Hey guys!
Hope y'all made it home safe.

How'd the DR do on the way home Draechon?

I had a blast! Can't wait to get together again.
Hope y'all get the video up soon.
Quote:

GI_JO_NATHAN screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 05:10 PM
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #13
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
GI_Jo_nathan, the DR was great the whole ride home! (minus it stalling once when pulling off the interstate) The ride home was MUCH better than the ride up Saturday morning. If anyone is curious, the wind-chill factor for riding at 75 mph in an ambient air temperature of 27* is 4*.

Big thanks to the other three guys that went. Dirtysouthjacket for planning the event and letting me crash at his place, Bandy and GI_Jo_nathan for going through and fixing whatever was crapping up my carburetor.

Now for a few pictures:

The Ladies

ADV bikes getting ready. Those Pro-taper bars can take a hit too! Wish I had put the hand-guards and better tires on.

The only casualty of the trip

One of two too-street-ready tires that contributed to my 6 times of donating gas to the trail

Draechon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
GI_Jo_nathan, the DR was great the whole ride home! (minus it stalling once when pulling off the interstate) The ride home was MUCH better than the ride up Saturday morning. If anyone is curious, the wind-chill factor for riding at 75 mph in an ambient air temperature of 27* is 4*.

Big thanks to the other three guys that went. Dirtysouthjacket for planning the event and letting me crash at his place, Bandy and GI_Jo_nathan for going through and fixing whatever was crapping up my carburetor.
That's good to hear Draechon.
Glad you got some pics. I'm always bad about not taking any.
I'll try to post up the couple I took.

Edit :
We should have done this same pic with us standing with our bikes.

This was Sunday morning, I was too sore and tired to unload in the freezing rain Saturday night.
And yes I washed most of the mud off at the park.

Quote:

GI_JO_NATHAN screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 07:43 AM
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
dirtysouthjacket OP
Studly Adventurer

Well we made it out alive!

My poor little spare tube tire bag didn't survive its encounter with a tree.
I have a lot to learn with regards to two strokes!

But more pics and video to come. I have some hilarious video of my two big drops, and Scott got a lot of GI JO Nathan's shenanigans. Definitely a blast and a big learning experience.

DSJ's Shenanigans