User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
MotoMark1 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
MotoMark1 Motorcycle Training

MotoMark1 has developed a program to show you how to get the best out of your dual sport bike, whether it's a Triumph Tiger Explorer, a Suzuki DR 200 or anything in between. We start off with advanced instruction on the scenic routes in the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee and then we'll take you on fire roads and trails for instruction off-road.

This course is held in the heart of The Great Smoky Mountains with base camp at the popular Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC, where each night we grab a great meal, review student video from the day, and swap tales.

This two day/three night course offers a solid program of on and off road training. You will hone your skills on a variety of the most beautiful and well-known routes in the western Carolina/eastern Tennessee area, including the Cherohala Skyway and many miles of beautiful, remote Nantahala National Forest dirt roads.

Students are given a significant amount of personalized hands-on instruction that focuses on your individual skill level. You will learn from a team of instructors with decades of real-world experience, including international police, military, and civilian motorcycle instruction.

Your training includes:
- Transitional maneuvering strategies on mountain roads and trails
- Ultra-light camp craft
- Self-support strategies

Video and comm systems are integrated into our classes.

Due to the amount of personal instruction provided by our instructors, class size is limited.

We can also tailor group and individual instruction to help you reach specific goals, whether it is a shakedown run for your epic trip, working the kinks out of problem skill areas, or riding a great introductory dual sport ride with our pro instructors.

If you're interested in renting a dual sport motorcycle to take the course, we recommend GSM MotoRent located in Townsend, TN, just south of Knoxville and west of Gatlinburg.

I'll answer questions here or you can contact me through our website: www.motomark1.com

- Mark Brown
MotoMark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
grandpa_ken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
I don't see any future dates for the MSF Dirt Bike School or Adventure Off-Road course. Will these be available in the future?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
MotoMark1 OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_ken View Post
I don't see any future dates for the MSF Dirt Bike School or Adventure Off-Road course. Will these be available in the future?
Hi grandpa_ken, we had a location in Garner for the MSF Dirt Bike and ATV Safety School but the Town of Garner,NC closed us because of zoning issues. Myself and the dealer would have to spend $1000's to meet the zoning requirements and neither of us had as much as the town wanted. Therefore we have pushed our efforts towards the Basic Overland Confidence Course in the mountains, seems more folks were interested in that course than the other. We have access to a location in Harrells,NC if that helps. We can offer the MSF Dirt BIke and the Adventure Off Road there but would need more interest. Harrells is about 1 1/2 hours east of Raleigh, NC towards Wilmington. Thank you.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,604
I was always interested to take that course but hesitated. Well, now I have the Tiger Explorer with 14000 miles on already and want to take that course... I live in Cary, NC...

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
MotoMark1 OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
I was always interested to take that course but hesitated. Well, now I have the Tiger Explorer with 14000 miles on already and want to take that course... I live in Cary, NC...
Good to see you logging a lot of miles on your Triumph Tiger Explorer!! Our next course will be April 14th -17th 2013. Our 2013 schedule should be up right after Thanksgiving. If you register now it will save you some $$, the price is $995 if you register before the end of the year. Once 2013 gets here the price will go up. This will include 3 nights lodging, (Sun, Mon, Tue) all your meals beginning Sunday supper thru Wed. breakfast and of course 2 FULL days of training. If you have any questions please give me a call or email me at sales@motomark1.com
Thanks,
Mark
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
Voluhzia
iExplorer

There is a growing number of US Explorer owners, here is the site www.tiger-explorer.com I believe there is VENDOR section, you might want to post your offerings there... Reading many posts there I can tell many new buyers hadn't had an Adventure bike before and would be interested in taking such class...

Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
Voluhzia
iExplorer

To the top

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer

Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Mark and I at the Charlotte Motorcycle Show.

Facebook
Nova Scotia on Explorer