User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,083
HDB Rallye Lite Kit and Dual Sport fairing,

A bolt on fairing, headight, roadbook holder or GPS mount.

Presently available only for KTM's with 4 M10 threaded lower handlebar clamp mounts.

Available soon for Yamaha, Honda and aftermarket triples with 12mm lower clamp bolts.

Features;

- Incredibly strong mounting system for Scott's submounted dampers,

- Various possible HDB Top Clamp configurations,

- Lower handle bar clamp risers from 1 3/4" to 3 1/2",

- Scott's damper mount adjustable for any KTM offset triple clamps,

- Adjustable roadbook holder mount, forward angled for rider safety to rotate in an impact,

- Supports 2 Baja Designs Squadron LED's, soon available for BD SII's,

- Side plates with multiple mounting locations for Ram balls or GPS mounts,

- Plastic dual headlight fairing,

No more bent or damaged submts for KTM's with this system. We've made a bombproof 4 bolt mounting design that allows for worry free lower handlebar heights of up to 4 1/8" to the centerline of the handlebars. This is the strongest mount available.

Comes with your choice of HDB top clamps with near endless possibilities for mounting on/off push button switches, toggle switches, Powerlet sockets, LED indicators or even a Baja Designs keyed ignition switch.

Your choice of lower clamps, when combined with the 5/8" Scott's adjustable mounting plate, obtains heights of 2 3/8" to 4 1/8" measured from the top of the upper triple to the centerline of the handlebars.

Plastic fairing is designed to support the Baja Designs Squadron LED Race light. The best, brightest and lightest LED light on the market today. The Squadron uses 4 Cree XML LEDs to produce 3600 lumens of usable light at 44watts and weighs just 12oz. With a very compact footprint, the Squadron is nearly impossible to kill with thermal protection circuitry and a limited lifetime warranty.

All aluminum construction mounted to both the upper and lower triple clamps to eliminate vibration and fatigue, black anodized matte black to keep reflection to zero, replacement parts will be available separately. Proudly Made in the USA.

Prices start at $359.95

See it here at Highway Dirt Bikes.

Frame mounted and fork strap mounted versions will also be available soon.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

We start here, this is the style KTM triple clamp for this setup, versions to follow would be for Hondas, Yamahas and aftermarket triples, BRP etc.

On go the Scott’s submt/side plate mt and the lower handlebar clamps, these are 2 1’2” with the submt the overall height to the centerline of the bars is 3 1/8”,

Adjustable Scott’s mounting plate,

Top clamp,

Next comes the lower bracket,

Then the first side plate,

Then the lower side plate and spacer to tie it all together, the side plate is tapped for the M6 bolt and the only drilling required if needed is to drill through the lower side plate at the hole above the bolt and add a second bolt, we have found this to be pretty much unnecessary, but have kept it for unknown abuse.

Here are 2 optional Squadrons and hardware ready for mounting,

The squadrons mounted up,

And with the fairing.

The whole package weighs in at 7.5lbs, but that includes submt, lowers and top clamp, your bike will already have these,

So the assembly as it sits that can be removed to return to stock light, weighs in at 4.5lbs,

Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Spikehead
Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 6,209
Kool. What's your estimated time of availability for a Yamaha WR250R?

"I was tempted by the Invisible Man, I surely was." -Propforward
Spikehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,072
kit

awesome, I have to see if it will work on my ktm 690 r
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehead View Post
Hey Spike, I have a PM into a buddy see if we can get it setup. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's aren't much of an issue, the front 2 fender bolt holes will need to be drilled and tapped through the top so that the lower bracket will mount.

With those the rest is easier to work around, but the WRR's and the CRF-L's will be a bit tougher with the key mount and speedo/instrument cluster. We'll have to see. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's will be the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
awesome, I have to see if it will work on my ktm 690 r
Honkey, what year 690 is it? I can look it up on microfiche if it's stock. Shoot me a pic of the upper triple.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,292
Your work looks second to none! Great Job and forward thinking!
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
dcparks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Thumb Slick!

any chance of an XR650L setup?
dcparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Your work looks second to none! Great Job and forward thinking!
Thanks Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcparks View Post
any chance of an XR650L setup?
DC, the issue with any XR is that if the upper triples are stock they have the lower clamps cast into them and that will not allow for the mounting of the Scott's/side plate mount,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
But if you have an aftermarket upper triple or have done a CRF fork conversion, then most likely we can set you up.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,034
That is the best set up I have seen yet. The KTM version should fit anything at least 10 years back. You would have to have a full DC conversion at 100W or more to run both squadrons plus battery charging, etc. I have converted my old 520 to full DC with a trailtech stator and would love to install this. Looks like it would bolt right up. Looks very well-made at a reasonable price.

Your KTM version should work on Husabergs back to 2004 also. Same basic clamps, except for offset and same stator/charging system. The '09 and up 'Bergs are full DC systems stock.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,018
Super Enduro

Great job on this Paul. You have put together a well thought out product. I sure would like to see a version of this offered for my Super Enduro!! I am running the emig triples with a sub-mount.

Do you think you will offer a compatible version of your product for my set-up? If yes, when do you anticipate having this available

How about sales for invidual pieces of your system? Is this possible?

Also, when are the plastic masks going to be available?

Thx
Bob
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,082
Got my fairing mounted today and had to go for a test spin despite the cold weather:

The fairing works great. I installed mine in the lowest possible position since this is my trail bike. I'm 5'10" and at 80 mph the wind hits me in the goggles. It's a nice clean airflow with no buffeting. I like how it keeps the air pressure off the chest.

I'm using a wide beam squadron as my low beam mounted in the upper position and pointed slightly down to illuminate the area in front of the bike. In the lower slot I have a spot squadron as a high beam pointed straight ahead. The low beam is run through an LED PWM dimmer with a high beam bypass all controlled from the handlebar Hi/lLo switch. This way on low beam only the top spot LED is on at 40% power and on high beam both LEDs are on at 100% power.

Low beam:

High beam:

Side view:

Yellow Pig screwed with this post 02-04-2013 at 08:09 PM
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
wizz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
are the lights frowned upon for street use? are there other options/configurations more freindly to passing motorists and such?
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
PDX Alamo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehead View Post
I second that motion, I'm in. Have your hand guards on my WR now and they are top notch. You make it , I'll buy it !
PDX Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #14
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
are the lights frowned upon for street use? are there other options/configurations more freindly to passing motorists and such?
The lights are not DOT approved for street use, that is where the LED dimmer comes into play. For a low beam I only run one light the Flood patter and run it at 40% power.

Not perfect, but gets you by.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Hey Spike, I have a PM into a buddy see if we can get it setup. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's aren't much of an issue, the front 2 fender bolt holes will need to be drilled and tapped through the top so that the lower bracket will mount.

With those the rest is easier to work around, but the WRR's and the CRF-L's will be a bit tougher with the key mount and speedo/instrument cluster. We'll have to see. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's will be the end of the month.

Honkey, what year 690 is it? I can look it up on microfiche if it's stock. Shoot me a pic of the upper triple.
Will do tomorrow