ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 16
How to install Ride-On in tubed tires?

I searched for a while and frustratingly, picked up several threads of people posting how happy they were with Ride-On, but none where someone explained how they got it in a tubed tire. The install videos on the Website also show only sport bikes / tubeless tires.

I want to get this goop in my tubed tires. Do I have to remove the wheel, break the bead and remove the tire from the rim and coat the inside? The valve-core injection method seems to me will get the goop inside the tube not inside the tire.

If anyone can take one minute to explain, I will be very grateful. Thanks a lot in advance,
xxaarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer
 
sTE610vE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 1,955
I haven't used ride on but I'm pretty sure they intend for it to go inside the tube from the answer below from the ride on site. If you think about it has to go in the tube, if you get a puncture in the tube you have to seal the tube since you do not have a air tight sealed rim. Plus it has to flow freely to balance the tire.

"A: Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire. Ride-On’s efficiency in tube tires is reduced to 55-65% since puncturing objects often tear the tube. It is impossible for a tire sealant to seal a tear. It is vital to remove the puncturing object immediately from a tire containing a tube to prevent further damage that can result in tearing the tube."
__________________
TRAIL STAND (advrider thread)- Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand www.endurostar.com
Husqvarna TE630
Husqvarna TE610E (for sale)
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I haven't used ride on but I'm pretty sure they intend for it to go inside the tube from the answer below from the ride on site. If you think about it has to go in the tube, if you get a puncture in the tube you have to seal the tube since you do not have a air tight sealed rim. Plus it has to flow freely to balance the tire.

"A: Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire. Ride-On’s efficiency in tube tires is reduced to 55-65% since puncturing objects often tear the tube. It is impossible for a tire sealant to seal a tear. It is vital to remove the puncturing object immediately from a tire containing a tube to prevent further damage that can result in tearing the tube."
Thanks for the post Steve. That makes sense, though with the gel inside the tube, I can't quite picture how it would help with balancing the tire.
xxaarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
TNC
Candyass Camper
 
TNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Thanks for the post Steve. That makes sense, though with the gel inside the tube, I can't quite picture how it would help with balancing the tire.
I don't know all the aspects of Ride-On, but I think the dynamics of how it balances in a tubeless setup would basically be the same in a tube...wouldn't they? Seems like the Ride-On wouldn't know whether it's doing its balancing act in a tube or tubeless. The spinning tire/wheel combo is going to allow the Ride-On to spread in either carcass to even out imbalances as it's advertised to do.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
I don't know all the aspects of Ride-On, but I think the dynamics of how it balances in a tubeless setup would basically be the same in a tube...wouldn't they? Seems like the Ride-On wouldn't know whether it's doing its balancing act in a tube or tubeless. The spinning tire/wheel combo is going to allow the Ride-On to spread in either carcass to even out imbalances as it's advertised to do.
I meant to ask if the tire itself is out of round, what good is a perfectly balanced tube?

Hey, it's $30 bucks for both tubes so I went ahead and ordered it. I was just curious thats all.
xxaarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014