User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
How to install Ride-On in tubed tires?

I searched for a while and frustratingly, picked up several threads of people posting how happy they were with Ride-On, but none where someone explained how they got it in a tubed tire. The install videos on the Website also show only sport bikes / tubeless tires.

I want to get this goop in my tubed tires. Do I have to remove the wheel, break the bead and remove the tire from the rim and coat the inside? The valve-core injection method seems to me will get the goop inside the tube not inside the tire.

If anyone can take one minute to explain, I will be very grateful. Thanks a lot in advance,
xxaarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,955
I haven't used ride on but I'm pretty sure they intend for it to go inside the tube from the answer below from the ride on site. If you think about it has to go in the tube, if you get a puncture in the tube you have to seal the tube since you do not have a air tight sealed rim. Plus it has to flow freely to balance the tire.

"A: Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire. Ride-On’s efficiency in tube tires is reduced to 55-65% since puncturing objects often tear the tube. It is impossible for a tire sealant to seal a tear. It is vital to remove the puncturing object immediately from a tire containing a tube to prevent further damage that can result in tearing the tube."
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I haven't used ride on but I'm pretty sure they intend for it to go inside the tube from the answer below from the ride on site. If you think about it has to go in the tube, if you get a puncture in the tube you have to seal the tube since you do not have a air tight sealed rim. Plus it has to flow freely to balance the tire.

"A: Ride-On TPS will eliminate 85-95% of your flats in tubeless tires from objects up to 1/4" (1/8” for tube tires) that penetrate the contact area of your tire. Ride-On’s efficiency in tube tires is reduced to 55-65% since puncturing objects often tear the tube. It is impossible for a tire sealant to seal a tear. It is vital to remove the puncturing object immediately from a tire containing a tube to prevent further damage that can result in tearing the tube."
Thanks for the post Steve. That makes sense, though with the gel inside the tube, I can't quite picture how it would help with balancing the tire.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Thanks for the post Steve. That makes sense, though with the gel inside the tube, I can't quite picture how it would help with balancing the tire.
I don't know all the aspects of Ride-On, but I think the dynamics of how it balances in a tubeless setup would basically be the same in a tube...wouldn't they? Seems like the Ride-On wouldn't know whether it's doing its balancing act in a tube or tubeless. The spinning tire/wheel combo is going to allow the Ride-On to spread in either carcass to even out imbalances as it's advertised to do.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
xxaarraa OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
I don't know all the aspects of Ride-On, but I think the dynamics of how it balances in a tubeless setup would basically be the same in a tube...wouldn't they? Seems like the Ride-On wouldn't know whether it's doing its balancing act in a tube or tubeless. The spinning tire/wheel combo is going to allow the Ride-On to spread in either carcass to even out imbalances as it's advertised to do.
I meant to ask if the tire itself is out of round, what good is a perfectly balanced tube?

Hey, it's $30 bucks for both tubes so I went ahead and ordered it. I was just curious thats all.