Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #586
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruzzi View Post
I may be buying a used 800xc sight unseen. There is a local bike with Jesses I've ridden so in know I like the bike, but the one I'm looking at has the the triumph panniers. I've heard iffy things, but I can't find any close up photos or videos showing what the pannier attachment points look like or how they work. Has anyone found any better info online? Google has so far failed me.

Geof
If the pictures aren't in this thread, then, they're in the Tiger 800 thread. Basically it's just two plastic hooks, at the top of the pannier, that hook into rails on either side of the bike. If you've seen the 1050's OEM panniers, they attach the same way.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #587
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
If the pictures aren't in this thread, then, they're in the Tiger 800 thread. Basically it's just two plastic hooks, at the top of the pannier, that hook into rails on either side of the bike. If you've seen the 1050's OEM panniers, they attach the same way.

Or very similar to the 2005 Tigers that I had.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #588
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
If they attach like the Sprint ST panniers then I can't imagine they are good for off road.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #589
abruzzi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Mmm, 1000 pages to look through... I'm diving in now.

Geof
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #590
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,455
Quote:
I may be buying a used 800xc sight unseen. There is a local bike with Jesses I've ridden so in know I like the bike, but the one I'm looking at has the the triumph panniers. I've heard iffy things, but I can't find any close up photos or videos showing what the pannier attachment points look like or how they work. Has anyone found any better info online? Google has so far failed me.

Geof
Hey Geoff, don't let that spoil your purchase. If they work for you, they work. If they don't, well, change them. From what I've seen the mounts are the weak point BUT I've also seen that the panniers fall off in a spill and, therefore, don't get damaged. You'll love the bike.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #591
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
If they attach like the Sprint ST panniers then I can't imagine they are good for off road.
They aren't.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #592
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:

Geof
A friend of mine has the OEM luggage. He's hit them so hard on stumps and other shit that they are dented. They have a bad name because of one video that made in on the internet. If you crash, anything can happen to any kind of luggage.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #593
abruzzi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
Thanks. I finally found most of the pics I was looking for here:

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,1670.0.html

I used to have a 2003 Tiger 955i with the factory bags. They sucked, so I mounted up some cheap aluminum bags. These look less than ideal (#1 complaint, I prefer top loading.) but should do for a few years.

I think I'm 99% on the bike, but first someone has to buy my Landcruiser...

Geof
Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #594
3Putt
Is that a gimmie?

Oddometer: 600
More http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,1926.50.html

2014 Super Tenere
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #595
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,137
Quote:
I used to have a 2003 Tiger 955i with the factory bags. They sucked, so I mounted up some cheap aluminum bags. These look less than ideal (#1 complaint, I prefer top loading.) but should do for a few years.
I agree.

Side-loading bags are a PITA, for anything. Going to the grocery store is especially bad.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #596
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
These were just dropped off by UPS today. Multi Concept X-Pro handguards and Rox 2" risers. I will post up pics when I get them mounted. I really like the Acerbis handguards. I have used them on my quads for years and they can take a good beating. Not a bad deal either for 80 bucks they come with both sizes of deflectors.

Poweranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #597
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
These were just dropped off by UPS today. Multi Concept X-Pro handguards and Rox 2" risers. I will post up pics when I get them mounted. I really like the Acerbis handguards. I have used them on my quads for years and they can take a good beating. Not a bad deal either for 80 bucks they come with both sizes of deflectors.

Let us know how they fit. If it's good I'll order out a set. $150 for BB is just stupid.

BTW, on the side-loading bags, if you use stuff sacks and bag up your cargo in modules it's a non-issue. Been using pelican style boxes for years now without issue. But yeah, on the sidestand, opening the left case has your shit falling out.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #598
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post

Mine just took some minor alterations (notice the small socket ) to fit the XC. They seem to be quite sturdy and priced right.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #599
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingtom View Post
Mine just took some minor alterations (notice the small socket ) to fit the XC. They seem to be quite sturdy and priced right.

Thanks for the tip. I will see how mine work out on the Roadie.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #600
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

They fit up just fine. I tweaked the bend a small amount in the vise so the surfaces bolted up flat on the end of the bars and the bar brackets. The Rox risers worked great also. Plenty of cable and brake line to raise the bars the 2"