Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #76
Crocker
just passing through

Oddometer: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBILO View Post
How soon people forget. Anyone that wears a # 52 Ravens Jersey should be kicked in the nuts.
that would be about 90% of the ravens fans watching the parade outside my window right now.

I don't actually care for the guy either, as I skins fan I'm annoyed that London Fletcher has similar stats, didn't destroy evidence in a murder and will probably be snubbed by the hall of fame for a long time.

Doesn't mean I would wish for Ray Lewis to break his spine.
Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #77
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,622
I'm sad for the 9er's BUT they'll be back.

I'm also a little sad for my wallet.

I'll get over both...

It was nice to at least have a shot at football and financial happiness.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #78
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
I'm sad for the 9er's BUT they'll be back.

I'm also a little sad for my wallet.

I'll get over both...

It was nice to at least have a shot at football and financial happiness.
Congrats on a great season. And like you said. They'll be a factor in the playoffs for the next few years. I read somewhere that Kaepernick is getting $750,000 next year. What a bargin.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #79
Stinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Congrats on a great season. And like you said. They'll be a factor in the playoffs for the next few years. I read somewhere that Kaepernick is getting $750,000 next year. What a bargin.
Thanks Mike!!

They need to pay him more and to make it a longer term contract.

But first, if at all possible, they need to get Alex locked up and then trade him.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #80
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
Thanks Mike!!

They need to pay him more and to make it a longer term contract.

But first, if at all possible, they need to get Alex locked up and then trade him.
It's a lot of money for a kid from Turlock.

I'm interested to see what happens to Alex. I really think with the right offensive co-ordinator he chould shine. But he needs some stability for a while. He's a class act, that's for sure.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #81
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,060
Quote:
I'm interested to see what happens to Alex. I really think with the right offensive co-ordinator he chould shine. But he needs some stability for a while.
Stability? Hell, he was plenty stable......being on his back so much those first four seasons.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #82
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz View Post
Stability? Hell, he was plenty stable......being on his back so much those first four seasons.
4 seasons and 4 different offensive coordinators.
Remember the division game against the Saint's last year? Smith matched up well with Breeze and won that game. He also matched up will against Eli Manning and probably would have won that game if not for some special teams mistakes. Just because Kaepernick fits Harbough's ideas better doesn't mean Smith is a slouch of a QB.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #83
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,060
Quote:
Remember the division game against the Saint's last year? Smith matched up well with Breeze and won that game. He also matched up will against Eli Manning and probably would have won that game if not for some special teams mistakes. Just because Kaepernick fits Harbough's ideas better doesn't mean Smith is a slouch of a QB.
I think he was discarded fairly quickly this season, but will surely catch on elsewhere. The teams won't be contenders tho.....it'll be the Cardinals, Titans, Browns, and Packers who need the most help.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #84
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
I think he was discarded fairly quickly this season, but will surely catch on elsewhere. The teams won't be contenders tho.....it'll be the Cardinals, Titans, Browns, and Packers who need the most help.
Packers. Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers competeing for a job. That's funny.

I'm probably just projecting. I felt kind of bad for the guy. Shit like that has happened to me. He's been pretty classy through the whole thing. I hope he gets a chance with a decent team to show what he's capable of.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #85
Stinez

Quote:
I'd just as soon that he went to an AFC team and certainly not a team in the NFC west.

I wish him luck and I certainly feel that he deserves a chance with a good team.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #86
Damifino
Damn if I know

Oddometer: 654
All you guys hating on Ray Lewis, yes he was best described as a thug in his early days. Yes, even by me.

But unless you live in the Baltimore area, you have no idea what he has has done to try and redeem himself after the charges against him were dropped for his testimony against the two others that most likely were the ones that killed the two men that started the altercation against the group Ray was in.

I'm not saying he had nothing to do with it, but he completely turned his life around after that trial.

He has created charities, donated time and money, worked with inner city kids and tried to do good.

While I can not respect a thug who has lived a thug's life, I can respect someone that has seen the errors of his ways when he was younger and turned his life around to do good in the community.

If it is any consolation to the Ray haters, he never had the endorsement deals and made the big advertising bucks because his reputation was irreparably damaged by that one night in Atlanta back in 2000.

The man has played the game with such intensity for so many years and tried to be a better person and by being a charitable person, that is why I am no longer a Lewis hater.
06 Vespa Granturismo 200L
Green Marble Enduro Riders http://gmer.us
Damifino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #87
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,634
Shiney Dimes.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #88
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,615
The Niners should have taken advantage of that superbowl because its going to be awhile before they ever make it back.

Seattle will own the West for the next 5 or 6 years.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
twowheelpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damifino View Post
All you guys hating on Ray Lewis, yes he was best described as a thug in his early days. Yes, even by me.

But unless you live in the Baltimore area, you have no idea what he has has done to try and redeem himself after the charges against him were dropped for his testimony against the two others that most likely were the ones that killed the two men that started the altercation against the group Ray was in.

I'm not saying he had nothing to do with it, but he completely turned his life around after that trial.

He has created charities, donated time and money, worked with inner city kids and tried to do good.

While I can not respect a thug who has lived a thug's life, I can respect someone that has seen the errors of his ways when he was younger and turned his life around to do good in the community.

If it is any consolation to the Ray haters, he never had the endorsement deals and made the big advertising bucks because his reputation was irreparably damaged by that one night in Atlanta back in 2000.

The man has played the game with such intensity for so many years and tried to be a better person and by being a charitable person, that is why I am no longer a Lewis hater.
i think the hate comes from him being self righteous. he invites the judgment. much like all the lance hate.
twowheelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #90
BMWBILO
Snapperhead

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damifino View Post

Once a thug always a thug. I think he's got to be one of the best actors around as many people as he has fooled. The part that really makes me sick is his hiding behind God. It's always God this and God that. I guess if there really is a God old Ray will get what's coming in the end. Another thing that sickens me is someone is going to give him a job as a sports caster. Whichever network that is should be boycotted.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: