Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
Marc Lenssen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Anything using gore tex xtrafit is adviseable. In Xtrafit gloves the goretex liner is laminated against the outer shell of the glove, giving a nice direct feel and still keeps your hands warm and dry.
Rukka have them but also Hein Gericke, Alpinestars and others.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
bigkuri
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Held Touring Star GTX are pretty awesome
They are a two section glove, which sounds like a gimmick but is just brilliant. Owned for about a year, and no issues, very good quality.
bigkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
I have to add that if you're even remotely thinking of heated gear in the near future look at the warm and safe Touring gloves.

Grade A, top grain drum dyed cowhide construction
Reflective piping on top of hand
Carbon fiber protection on molded knuckles
Breathable, "Waterproof" Membrane
Reinforced Protection in Palm
Rubber shield wipe, Thumb-mounted
Pre-curved fingers
Double heat in the thumb
No annoying wires in the palm
A layer of Thinsulate

Even unplugged they are really warm but plug them in and add heated grips and WOW!
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
Eye of the Tiger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I got some $30 snowboarding gloves for the winter. Wind/water proof, long sleeves with draw string closures, my hands never get cold. The thick insulation hinders dexterity a bit, but it's not a problem.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
I dare say they wouldn't hold up to well in a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #21
Eye of the Tiger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmoto View Post
I dare say they wouldn't hold up to well in a crash.

Instagram@pvmoto
They held up in plenty of snowboarding crashes, eh
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
pvmoto
Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer: 330
Snowboard on Tarmac and gravel roads often?

Instagram@pvmoto
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,069
mebbie he should put a price on his purchase.

revit summit h20 $134, great fit, warm, waterproof, and they have that little visor wiper on the left hand. really like them, in fact i bought them for the wife as well.
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
jimmibanke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thanks all:-) you have been helpfull..!

I've read across the entire net, and there is many visions on what a good warm and dry glove is. Its like diving into a jungle to find out what is best... But i have a good felling about Held warn n dry gloves, its not the warmest out there i know, but im going to use it for 3 seasons maybe all season, so it has to be waterproof, and I have to have good control/feeling with clutch and brake for offroading. And no one i could find have any cons about that glove. But many likes it.

I'll report back and give you a review when they are broken in.

Cheers
Jimmi
jimmibanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Held

Yup. Held all the way. As far as I'm concerned they make the finest gloves available. Any and all of their GTX models will do the job better than pretty much anything out there. I personally use their new Air N Dry, dual chamber gloves (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...r-n-dry-gloves) for day-to-day duty in all but the sweatiest / chilliest of climates or gnarliest of rides and love them to death. Very trick, but not cheap, but quality never is.

You can go more 'winter 3-season' (e.g. the Warm N Dry which I used in colder climates i.e. England, where I was, vs New Orleans, where I am now, and had no issues throughout one of the worst winters on record), or 'summer 3-season' in their range. But regardless - having worked with the Held family and visited their HQ in Bavaria, I have absolutely no reservations in recommending their wares.

Hope that helps,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #26
jimmibanke OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Yup. Held all the way. As far as I'm concerned they make the finest gloves available. Any and all of their GTX models will do the job better than pretty much anything out there. I personally use their new Air N Dry, dual chamber gloves (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...r-n-dry-gloves) for day-to-day duty in all but the sweatiest / chilliest of climates or gnarliest of rides and love them to death. Very trick, but not cheap, but quality never is.

You can go more 'winter 3-season' (e.g. the Warm N Dry which I used in colder climates i.e. England, where I was, vs New Orleans, where I am now, and had no issues throughout one of the worst winters on record), or 'summer 3-season' in their range. But regardless - having worked with the Held family and visited their HQ in Bavaria, I have absolutely no reservations in recommending their wares.

Hope that helps,

Michael
It helps alot! we have allmost the same weather in Denmark as they do in England, so nice to know that the warm n dry glove will do great here:-) thanks mate
jimmibanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
zedx9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post

Hope that helps,

Michael

Held Warm and Dry are my choice. They are a tad warm for 60 degree plus but I still wear them when it's going to be wet. I am a fan of Held build quality and have no issue with the price. They perform, period. I carry them as a backup in the shoulder seasons and they have never let me down. One nice feature is that no matter what the temp, when you pull them off the lining stays in the glove where it belongs.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
I really like my Rev'it Bastion GTX's. They are the best cold weather gloves that I have tried. I have some first gear ones and a set of snowmobile specific gloves that I used to use, but I haven't used either since I got the Bastion's. I also use heated grips. I use them Fall, Winter, and Spring.

They are a little big and bulky, but my hands stay dry and reasonably warm. I have worn them down under 25 degrees without problems. I have never had any problems pulling the lining out when I pull my hand out. I don't use them once the weather warms up past 60 or so. I will wear them in the mornings when it is cold out and switch to a warmer weather glove when it warms up in the afternoon.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 722
I love my Rev'it Phantom GTX. With heated grips they are great. ...

What NOT to buy --- cheap Cycle Gear Bilt crap. Waterproof cheap gloves are like riding with you hands in plastic bags. The gloves are always wet inside and stink due to bacteria growth. What a joke. IMO the whole waterproof deal is just a marketing feature.

I never got why my $200 Rev'It gloves needed to be Gortex untill I owned a cheap pair that did not breath at all.
04 FZ1
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote