ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 AM   #31
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,453
Sandalscout may be a little too polite above, but the bikes MUST be road legal. Turkey Bay is the only place in LBL to riide if you're not on a legal bike.
There is no problem bringing a dirt bike if you stay in Turkey Bay, but if you are caught on it out of the Turkey Bay OHV area, expect the worst.

This also might be a good time to remind everyone there is NO RIDING ON THE HIKING TRAILS! That is in September only during the LBL200.

This is a non-event. Just a group of people enjoying what LBL has to offer.

Not trying to be a buzz-kill, just making sure there are no mis-understandings. If you are looking for off-road, you need to be at the MTDR Loretta Lynn's event, first weekend of April, and an awesome weekend of great woods riding.
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (Yellow, of course)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield

TroyJ650 screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 04:56 AM Reason: MTDR EVENT April not May
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #32
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
Just to add to Troy's comment, quite a few of the numbered "Jeep" trails in LBL are VERY MUCH OFF ROAD. They aren't narrow woods trails but some are challenging with D606's on my DRZ. Especially this time of year. Road #308 is a perfect example! For those thinking of coming, that have never been there, don't envision just boring gravel roads. Hell, even our gravel roads aren't boring!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #33
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
To those scouting and just riders near LBL, keep me in the loop when you are out there. If I'm not mountain biking, I'm gonna be dirt biking.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #34
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 736
Man this looks like it could turn into something.

I wonder if we should post something in southern ky ADV?
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #35
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Man this looks like it could turn into something.

I wonder if we should post something in southern ky ADV?
I'm new around here, could you link Southern KY ADV?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #36
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Man this looks like it could turn into something.

I wonder if we should post something in southern ky ADV?
IHF suggested posting in the Central Forum as well. If we don't get a flooding of "ins" (don't want too many just yet), I will probably post there next week or the week after.

Where is the KY ADV thing? Is it a thread on here? I'm going to post in this thread too, but several of the guys on it have already found this thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721359
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #37
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
IHF suggested posting in the Central Forum as well. If we don't get a flooding of "ins" (don't want too many just yet), I will probably post there next week or the week after.

Where is the KY ADV thing? Is it a thread on here? I'm going to post in this thread too, but several of the guys on it have already found this thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721359
Matt i have no idea what i''m talking about, just thinking there must be a souther KY ADV site.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #38
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Matt i have no idea what i''m talking about, just thinking there must be a souther KY ADV site.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #39
drm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
drm's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: gallatin, tn
Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman901 View Post
I live in Paris so if you don't mind a noob that rides a little slow I'd like to tag along.
Also, let me know and if there is anything I can do to help.
Dirt nooby here as well. I would like to attend. Are you guys trailering or riding. I would like to ride from the gallatin area.
drm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #40
KentuckyKLR
Adventurer
 
KentuckyKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Calvert City
Oddometer: 77
I hate to pass up a ride so close to home, but I've already made plans to ride with a friend on the swinging bridges ride in Missouri that weekend. If my plans change however, I will be there. You might also check out Rushing creek for camping. I think they still have showers there, but have went to self service, so no park rangers. There are around 40 tent sites and it is usually a ghost town every time I ride through there during the summer.
KentuckyKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #41
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,453
I plan on riding in, unless it seems better to have a suppport trailer.
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (Yellow, of course)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyKLR View Post
I hate to pass up a ride so close to home, but I've already made plans to ride with a friend on the swinging bridges ride in Missouri that weekend. If my plans change however, I will be there. You might also check out Rushing creek for camping. I think they still have showers there, but have went to self service, so no park rangers. There are around 40 tent sites and it is usually a ghost town every time I ride through there during the summer.
I've been looking at Rushing Creek, too. I think it may work out better as a group area. I think Energy Lake may have a fee to enter, even if you are not camping.

Not wishing bad luck on the Swinging Bridge ride, but hope it works out so you can make it.
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (Yellow, of course)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #43
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
I've been looking at Rushing Creek, too. I think it may work out better as a group area. I think Energy Lake may have a fee to enter, even if you are not camping.
Me too, I didn't realize it was self-service now. Seems very positive, and a LOT more basic spots. I can't find definite site costs on lbl.org, but I think it might be $9 a night per site, so a few bucks cheaper too.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do some poking around.

Oh, and Energy Lake is $4 per vehicle to enter if not camping there.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #44
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Me too, I didn't realize it was self-service now. Seems very positive, and a LOT more basic spots. I can't find definite site costs on lbl.org, but I think it might be $9 a night per site, so a few bucks cheaper too.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do some poking around.

Oh, and Energy Lake is $4 per vehicle to enter if not camping there.
Budget cuts are coming down the pipe to LBL this year. There are some campground changes. Rushing Creek is supposed to lose utilities and I think become back country camping. Don't hold me to that, I'll try to find the link.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #45
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/L...device=android

Actually they are closing it!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014