User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #16
Twempie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Thanks man

My next purchase is one of those rear wheel fender thingys and I hope to be done for a while. Touratech is just down the street from my job - too convenient. The other thing you'll need is a decent pair of boots, I went with Sidis. My most expensive farkle is coming up this Spring, rider training at Rawhyde.
Twempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twempie View Post
My next purchase is one of those rear wheel fender thingys and I hope to be done for a while. Touratech is just down the street from my job - too convenient. The other thing you'll need is a decent pair of boots, I went with Sidis. My most expensive farkle is coming up this Spring, rider training at Rawhyde.
Yep, boots on the list. This spring its new riding gear for her and I....going to be spendy. I'm sold on the Sidi Canyon gore-tex. Good compromise of street/off road durability.

I highly recommend the rear guard. It worked pretty well so far.

Rawhyde?!? Very nice!!
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
VincitOmnia
Flyover Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
ridewv - here's the link to the "Supplemental Brake Light".

VincitOmnia

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...0445578-p-1125
VincitOmnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
milo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Thank you for the link, I just noticed you posted this. I'll order it.

milo/ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincitOmnia View Post
ridewv - here's the link to the "Supplemental Brake Light".

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...0445578-p-1125
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
LaurelPerryOnLand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
farkles, not farkle's

photo DSC00717.jpg
LaurelPerryOnLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #21
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelPerryOnLand View Post
I still don't understand how that game is a

Functional
Accessory
Really
Kool and
Likely
Expensive

They should have checked with us first....
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #22
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelPerryOnLand View Post
 photo DSC00717.jpg
What's your point? The plural of farkle is farkles, not farkle's.

I never understood the widespread misuse of the apostrophe. Usually when someone makes a typo it's a shortcut. In this case, they have to make an extra keystroke to blow it.

Grammar Police
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #23
qman8
GS09

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
I appreciate the advice. However, I spent 2000 miles with one and hated it. Thought id get used to it but didn't! Just couldn't stop fiddling with the dumb thing.

I didn't want to go kaoko route but not sure what else to do. Lots of money but my Harley's cruise control spoiled me.
+1 on the crampbuster. They are just plain dangerous. That damn thing about caused me to wreck and does not allow good throttle control. I think i still have mine in a box somewhere you can have. I have the Kaoko and like it, but the new guy on the block (forget the name) who claims 1/4 turn to lock seems much nicer if it works.
qman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
LaurelPerryOnLand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman8 View Post
+1 on the crampbuster. They are just plain dangerous. That damn thing about caused me to wreck and does not allow good throttle control. I think i still have mine in a box somewhere you can have. I have the Kaoko and like it, but the new guy on the block (forget the name) who claims 1/4 turn to lock seems much nicer if it works.
My experience is different.

+1 on Crampbusters, indeed.
Best $10.95 shipped I've spent on the bike(s).

When properly adjusted...no problems with rolling OFF the throttle.

Heard of one rider who had problems with the CB during an accident...claimed his jacket sleeve got caught on the CB and kept the engine running until he could pull jacket away from CB.

YMMV.
LaurelPerryOnLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #25
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman8 View Post
So you like the crampbuster or the kaoko style lock? I'm confused...

I ended up with the Bob's BMW 60 dollar lock. It locks the opposite direction of the throttle. I like it...haven't ridden with it as its like 10 degrees and snowy. You really need to want to lock it in...it sure won't happen accidentally. Also, these locks are not super tight...well, you could crank it down, but there is no need to do that. Snug it up and you can still easily roll it forward and shutdown the gas.

Controversial piece of kit, but if used properly, it will be what I'm looking for. I have no use for it other than interstate travel. The crampbuster just plain pissed me off and was constantly in my way. After 1000 miles of use, I still didn't like it...felt like a giant wrinkle between grip and glove, always fiddling to get it in position. I'm a sportbiker by nature and like to have full grip and control on the throttle especially in the fun twisties. The CB adds this strange sensation of extra leverage, to me it was more dangerous.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
qman8
GS09

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
So you like the crampbuster or the kaoko style lock? I'm confused...

I ended up with the Bob's BMW 60 dollar lock. It locks the opposite direction of the throttle. I like it...haven't ridden with it as its like 10 degrees and snowy. You really need to want to lock it in...it sure won't happen accidentally. Also, these locks are not super tight...well, you could crank it down, but there is no need to do that. Snug it up and you can still easily roll it forward and shutdown the gas.

Controversial piece of kit, but if used properly, it will be what I'm looking for. I have no use for it other than interstate travel. The crampbuster just plain pissed me off and was constantly in my way. After 1000 miles of use, I still didn't like it...felt like a giant wrinkle between grip and glove, always fiddling to get it in position. I'm a sportbiker by nature and like to have full grip and control on the throttle especially in the fun twisties. The CB adds this strange sensation of extra leverage, to me it was more dangerous.
Totally agree. I HATE the crampbuster. I think it's rather dangerous and really useless on a bike like the GS, where there is essentially no weight on your wrist/hand like there is on a Sportbike like a Tuono, etc. I'd much rather gain some relief by temporarily lifting the right thumb to the top of the grip. ...for more long term relief on a long straight boring road, I use the Kaoko.
qman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #27
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
i'll be ordering

http://www.sol2.be/Visibility/Brake_ENG/Home/index.html
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote