ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #301
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Oddometer: 744
Thanks for the reply. Got a set of DC side covers after one blew off and got smashed on the freeway. I'm not crazy about them, kinda cheese ball quality, maybe the fender is of better quality. If nothing turns up, I may take that route again. There's an original fender on Ebay, yet another option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
I'm not sure if you want a new front fender or not-

http://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/product.p...cat=268&page=2
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #302
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,510
I am still looking for a 5x8 flat bed trailer with some type of loading ramps and real wheels and tires. No 8" or 12" stuff. I have a nice 3 rail motorcycle trailer that can be used for partial trade if need be. or it will be for sale if I find the right flat bed or utility trailer. I see some nice ones fairly cheap down at Parker trailers but that is along way to drive.

Marc
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #303
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Please expand? If I'm allowed to use some sort of bags on the back of the bike, I hope to run the Wolfman Alpha on the rear for the Baja trip. If so, I need a rack to support the minor rear fender luggage. Otherwise I have to use a backpack with everything I need for a 10 day peninsula ride .
The trailwing (I think that's the name, however I may have it wrong) is a tire, the post was in response to the request for a DL650 tire.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #304
ColoSean
Yard-sale Expert

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post
Yo Sean,

Shouldn't you be working?

We've got a week of company coming in today (i'm at home vacuuming!......sorta ) . After the dust settles I'll do a quick check and let you know what I've got. I think I'll have 4 or 5 choices from TKCs to Tourances.

This is going to be tubed, correct? I've got a couple of tires that have scuffed up sidewalls that will be fine for tubed tires .......... but not so hot for tubeless.

I'll be in touch. Howdy to the Missus and "Kitty"! BTW, How did the new place do during the cold snap we had?

Rob
Rob!

Cool man! I'm in no hurry, so I'll just plan on swinging up by you sometime to grab it and buy you some BBQ. I'll have to look at the rim, not sure if it's tube or tubeless. I kind of think it might be tubeless? I'll have to check when I get back home later this week.

Everything is great on this end, amigo. We'll chat soon.
ColoSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #305
Brynjolfr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Motorcycle Salvage Yards?

Howdy y'all!
I've been here in Colorado for about 4 years, now, and am in search of some parts. I don't want to pay BMW prices as I am wanting to convert the tail of my GSA to a standard GS style tail (with the under seat lock box and two part seat). I, also, just like junk yards and wandering around them and seeing whats there. That is how I found a good Sachs 125 engine for my Penton as a kid. Never know what you might find out there. So, anyone know of anything? Or someone who might want to trade/sell?

Cheers!
Brian
Elizabeth, CO
Brynjolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #306
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,510
Bottle holders

I have 2 Primus fuel bottles and 2 Primus water bottles and am looking for some holders to mount them on the panniers. Does anyone have any they want to get rid of or ideas. I seem to have sold a set of panniers with two twin mounts on them not long ago. Silly me.

Marc
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #307
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I see some nice ones fairly cheap down at Parker trailers but that is along way to drive.
Not for me

I'm happy to haul one up to your place if you buy from them.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #308
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Mine on my KLX450R -

Sure do like that scooter, wish they still made them.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #309
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
... I seem to have sold a set of panniers with two twin mounts on them not long ago. Silly me.

Marc
And those were a pair of TT aluminum crap. Great for trips to Starbucks but they bent and the bottles fell out first time riding off-road . I had to reinforce them with steel angle iron.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #310
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Speaking of rear racks, I need one for a DRZ400-S. Prefer PMB but let me know what you have. Thanks.
BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #311
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
So my girlfriend is moving to CO from BC (yeah, WTF is she doing?) in May - June time frame. She has two horses, and we're looking to board in the Boulder County area since I'll be working in Gun Barrel.

Anyone have some property in the area they'd be willing to let us board at? We don't need stables or anything, just a fenced in pastor or something. There are tons of boarding places, I know, but just seeing if I can score a deal with an ADVer.

PM me if you've got anything or any ideas.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #312
Osprey! OP
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,852
I'm looking for a new home (for me) but inventory is ridiculously low. Do you know someone in BOULDER thinking about selling?

My criteria:
House, Condo, or Townhome
1+ car garage
2+ bedrooms
2+ baths

I'd prefer a 3 bedroom house. I'm open to anything priced under $420,000. If it's on the MLS, I've already seen it.

Please PM or call me if you have any leads. 303.746.6896

p.s. Yes, I'm a Realtor but this is NOT an attempt to pick up new listings. I'm looking for a personal residence for myself and I'm tapping all my networks.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #313
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
I'm looking for a new home (for me) but inventory is ridiculously low. Do you know someone in BOULDER thinking about selling?

My criteria:
House, Condo, or Townhome
1+ car garage
2+ bedrooms
2+ baths

I'd prefer a 3 bedroom house. I'm open to anything priced under $420,000. If it's on the MLS, I've already seen it.

Please PM or call me if you have any leads. 303.746.6896

p.s. Yes, I'm a Realtor but this is NOT an attempt to pick up new listings. I'm looking for a personal residence for myself and I'm tapping all my networks.
$420,000

How about a mostly remodeled 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a heated/insulated 3.5 car garage for $200K?

It's in Colorado Springs though.
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #314
Osprey! OP
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
$420,000

How about a mostly remodeled 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a heated/insulated 3.5 car garage for $200K?

It's in Colorado Springs though.

Sounds great, except for that last part. It really needs to be in the City of Boulder. My business is based here and my ties to the community are deepest here.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #315
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,493
I'm looking for someone with a Moto Guzzi Norge who would be willing to let me test-fit the Norge wheels to my Stelvio. I just want to know if they fit.

James Adams is online now   Reply With Quote