ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #3001
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
You could try Fish River ...
Nope, virtually straight heading outa Yass up through Crookwell - Golspie - Oberon, no exploring out that way - just riding to make it up to 'Karuah'
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #3002
GodSilla
I did that.
 
GodSilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Village Idiot's residence
Oddometer: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Soooo he'll still be working on bikes? Just not from a set location, is that right? And here I was going to book the lil Beema in in March.
Cheers
Fati


Sent from my iPhone using my thumb
He'll have a traveling workshop, and the premises in Fyshwick will be for those who want to drop-off or pick-up a bike the old-fashioned way.

He'll also have a tyre fitting machine in his truck, so order your tyre and he'll fit that too.

For those buying tyres from Corey, he's a good bloke, but his workshop will never see any of my motorcycles. You have been warned.
__________________
Death to Turnips.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #3003
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
He'll have a traveling workshop, and the premises in Fyshwick will be for those who want to drop-off or pick-up a bike the old-fashioned way.

He'll also have a tyre fitting machine in his truck, so order your tyre and he'll fit that too.

For those buying tyres from Corey, he's a good bloke, but his workshop will never see any of my motorcycles. You have been warned.

Know what ya mean, seen some of the 'experts' working back there, not good, parts only for me too!!!
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #3004
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
The original business was at Collier St, the current one is at Townsville St, and "He will retain his previous premises, co-located with Redback (near Joe's), as a warehouse/drop-off/workshop." refers to Collier St (basically next door to Joe's).

Sorry if my wording caused any confusion.
Figured that was what you meant, but us young blokes don't always understand....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #3005
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Drs Flat

Went for a great spin down Drs Flat Rd this morning....

what a great day for it. Realise just how sluggish I must have been on Tuesday morning, cos today everything just flowed beautifully, speed and smoothness both greatly enhanced

@Hoots you'd be proud of me.... starting to trust in that front tyre and pushed the poor widdle KLR heaps more today.

If you'd come along, you would have only had to wait for me for half as long this time

Took three other riders with me, and for once I wasn't the slowest.. being at the front made me Mr Clean, too. Yay
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #3006
Redstrom
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
Went for a great spin down Drs Flat Rd this morning....

what a great day for it. Realise just how sluggish I must have been on Tuesday morning, cos today everything just flowed beautifully, speed and smoothness both greatly enhanced

@Hoots you'd be proud of me.... starting to trust in that front tyre and pushed the poor widdle KLR heaps more today.

If you'd come along, you would have only had to wait for me for half as long this time

Took three other riders with me, and for once I wasn't the slowest.. being at the front made me Mr Clean, too. Yay
Also helps to leave a little room following so you can see the trail without a mouthful of dust, was a nice morning cruise thanks Stu
you were leading the ride . appropriate place is at the front
Redstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #3007
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrom View Post
Also helps to leave a little room following so you can see the trail without a mouthful of dust, was a nice morning cruise thanks Stu
you were leading the ride . appropriate place is at the front
Ha, last time I went down there I was eating dirt heaps... except for the bit where I was waaay behind

Leading or not, I'm happy to share the front. Not too many intersections on Drs Flat :)

Glad you enjoyed the ride, but thank Hoots... he introduced me to the place YAY

stuser screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 05:13 PM
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #3008
ADpete
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ADpete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Canbrerra Australia
Oddometer: 219
route

Go via Goulburn, Oberon, Lithgow, Singleton and Dungog
__________________
PETERD
ADpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #3009
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post

Went for a great spin down Drs Flat Rd this morning....
Good news ...

It’s a nice run for the bigger bikes – quick and easy access, and a good mix of terrain – Nottingham and surrounds are fun also (access through Wee J) – can then complete loop with a run through 2-sticks – back to the start at Uriarra ...

There's a cool Havafati vid of Nottingham at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yxMdxC5upQM
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #3010
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Good news ...

It’s a nice run for the bigger bikes – quick and easy access, and a good mix of terrain – Nottingham and surrounds are fun also (access through Wee J) – can then complete loop with a run through 2-sticks – back to the start at Uriarra ...

There's a cool Havafati vid of Nottingham at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yxMdxC5upQM
Yeah did Nottingham Rd first week I owned the bike. Went from Brindabella Rd.

Kinda nice, think I might go back again. Right now in fact. Keen?


Thanks for the vid. But the MUSIC oh my god!

Music is better on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGLA...DDF1AF87A8042A
Not sure about that bloke in high vis gear though... clearly making it easy for the wildlife hehe

stuser screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 07:10 PM
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #3011
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 374
Ride map

So Hoots do you mean something like this?

http://goo.gl/maps/XVj6p

Looks like a fun circuit.....

If you had more stamina than me you could add in Drs Flat instead of Mountain Creek / Sawyers Gully.

Hell that sounds like a nice ride. Might need a lunch break....
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #3012
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADpete View Post
Go via Goulburn, Oberon, Lithgow, Singleton and Dungog

Putty Rd????, similiar route to Fozzy & me, apart from Yass - Crookwell bit might catch up somewhere along the way
Two white bikes;- Fozzy GS800 & me on 'White Beast'
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #3013
GodSilla
I did that.
 
GodSilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Village Idiot's residence
Oddometer: 7,292
A bit of a long shot, but does any inmate know a business in Queanbeyan (likely Bayldon Rd) that has a disintegrator? ( It uses electricity and a carbon rod to vapourise metal, but it is very selective.)
I have need of such a device currently, and again in the near future too.
__________________
Death to Turnips.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #3014
BurraBob
Monarch #87
 
BurraBob's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Mornington Peninsula, Victoria Australia
Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
A bit of a long shot, but does any inmate know a business in Queanbeyan (likely Bayldon Rd) that has a disintegrator? ( It uses electricity and a carbon rod to vapourise metal, but it is very selective.)
I have need of such a device currently, and again in the near future too.
Try Mick Rummery at AUSTECH Engineering.
52 Bayldon rd.
Great bloke and trials rider as well.
BurraBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #3015
GodSilla
I did that.
 
GodSilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Village Idiot's residence
Oddometer: 7,292
Ah, Bob, you are a bloody legend!

My "little mate" at Neal Bates workshop was trying to remember who it was on Bayldon Rd, and you have solved the mystery.

Well done, a Gold Star and a pat on the buttocks for you my lad.

How's life down Mornington treating you?

UPDATE : I spoke to Mick at AUSTEC and he reckons the metal disintegrator/spark eroder is old hat nowadays, slow and expensive, and he can fix the problem with a milling machine at reasonable cost, so that's where I'm at. I left the caliper with him, and get it back next week sometime (hopefully before I leave for Lake Gairdener). Thanks again Bob.
__________________
Death to Turnips.

GodSilla screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 08:45 PM Reason: Update
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014