User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
BBRadar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Put me down for one please.

We had to skip Cape Melville due to not having the range - your bladder will be very useful there :) - Enjoy your Cape York trip.
BBRadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #47
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRadar View Post
Put me down for one please.

We had to skip Cape Melville due to not having the range - your bladder will be very useful there :) - Enjoy your Cape York trip.
all this talk of bladders is like a running tap, gotta go. lol
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #48
Gee1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pirate' View Post
Guys, two mates and I got one each of these before our Cameron Cnr/Strezlecki trip last year.
They are a bloody good bit of kit, user friendly (but can be awkward to tie on when full), and we were all very happy with them, but I gotta say, be aware they most certainly aren't odour proof.
Once used, even when empty they had to be left outside overnight. No chance at all of storing in a pannier. I tried putting inside a triple thickness shopping bag with limited success. My mate was onto it and was stuffing his into a cheap dry bag, which seemed to do the trick.
Has been in the shed empty for a few months now, and the smell has gone.
Would be happy to loan mine to someone if they were after a dummy run.
Once again, other than that, full marks for a very good bit of gear.

Just my 2c worth.

Pete.

Everything said here I agree with. I carried mine strapped on top of my swag and the odour leached into it and it is not nice sleeping with fuel stink. I use them and I like them a lot, you just have to work out the best place to carry it/them.
The only other thing is they are not tough enough to handle falling into the back wheel and chain. Don't really know why that would be
Gee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #49
Racketeer
Must escape......

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1 View Post
Everything said here I agree with. I carried mine strapped on top of my swag and the odour leached into it and it is not nice sleeping with fuel stink. I use them and I like them a lot, you just have to work out the best place to carry it/them.
The only other thing is they are not tough enough to handle falling into the back wheel and chain. Don't really know why that would be
Hey guys... thought that I would chip in as I have been using my 2 Liquid containment bladders since 2008 Mungo trip..

this is how I have been carting them full... I have joined both together at the bottom with some strapping and a buckle(so it is adjustable).. drape them over the seat like saddle bags and then secure them to the pillion pegs at the bottom.. straps them down tight no fuss easy to get off.. and to seperate when needed. I've even got used to filling the bike with them still connected.. Even on the new 950 SE I still can't feel the straps on the seat where I sit..

Need 2 for this idea to work!!!

Empty I don't put them into anything I put them under the Pannier straps so they don't stink out anything!!

Racketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #50
kpresco2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Put me down for one as well.

Ken
kpresco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #51
"A"
numbum

Oddometer: 321
I will take two of them - W.A
Thanks.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #52
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Oddometer: 53
Tally

Here's the update guys. 22 definite hands up, one undecided. Lookin good!

Vic
Oliver 4
Big B 2
Llamaha 1
GoneAgain 1?

WA
squilly 1
Wilmo 1
"A" 2

NSW
Pvmoto 2
Llewdart 1
Westy525 1
fallingoff 1
Jeffro66 1

QLD
Sleepy John 1
Chop Chop 1
BBRadar 1
kpresco2 1
Mortaygo 1

Vic 7+1?
WA 4
NSW 6
QLD 5

total:22+1?

I dropped in on a friend who lives locally this avo and had a look at one of the 12L bladders. He basically echoed what we have been hearing here, they are great but do stink a bit.

Thanks to all those who have had experience with L/C bladders for chipping in! Its great to have some first hand info.

Thanks Racketeer for sharing your method of carrying the bladders. I, for one, will definitely have a look and see if I am able to do something similar.

BBRader knows what I am on about! Getting to the top of the Cape is only the tip of the ice berg (so to speak). There are so many side tracks that are begging to be explored. Most of which see far less traffic (less 4WDs=good). I want 800-1000km range. I get just over 4L/100km dordling along at 80km or less. So my 22L(roughly) tank + 2 12L bladders should do that nicely. I go slow, I stop, take pictures, you know all those boring grandpaish things:P
I have 6+ months so why the heck not
Sunken Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #53
"A"
numbum

Oddometer: 321
Colour?

I'm sounding a bit like that woman from The Inventors TV show back in the 70's but, here goes -what colour do they come in? I had a 10l bladder in 2008 and it was red but some of these recent pics show yellow or green. Does it depend on what roll of fabric he is currently using or do we get a choice? Personally I don't really mind but not that keen on "army green".
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #54
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Holmgren View Post

BBRader knows what I am on about! Getting to the top of the Cape is only the tip of the ice berg (so to speak). There are so many side tracks that are begging to be explored. Most of which see far less traffic (less 4WDs=good). I want 800-1000km range. I get just over 4L/100km dordling along at 80km or less. So my 22L(roughly) tank + 2 12L bladders should do that nicely. I go slow, I stop, take pictures, you know all those boring grandpaish things:P
I have 6+ months so why the heck not
Lot of sand up there on some of those side tracks, so expect your mileage to be reduced. Fuel before Bamaga is pretty good as it's delivered weekly during the dry. Fuel for Bamaga comes in via barge. It may pay to carry a fuel filter sock to eliminate possible contamination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
I'm sounding a bit like that woman from The Inventors TV show back in the 70's but, here goes -what colour do they come in? I had a 10l bladder in 2008 and it was red but some of these recent pics show yellow or green. Does it depend on what roll of fabric he is currently using or do we get a choice? Personally I don't really mind but not that keen on "army green".
Only "army green" for the 12l now I believe.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #55
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Colour

Good question,
I spoke with Paul earlier in the week and he told me that they had been refining the materials used over time and the current one that is the strongest and longest lasting is the army green. That is the only fabric they use for these bladders now.

So colour choice wise, not really. We get army green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #56
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Range

Thanks for the info!
That mileage was an average over 1000km I got up the Oodnadatta including out to Halligan bay and a bunch of other rough and sandy stuff but I agree I will probably get worse. I will bank on getting more like 5 and be happy if I can keep it south of that.

Fuel contamination, yeah ok *added to white board*

[QUOTE=Chop Chop;20676439]Lot of sand up there on some of those side tracks, so expect your mileage to be reduced. Fuel before Bamaga is pretty good as it's delivered weekly during the dry. Fuel for Bamaga comes in via barge. It may pay to carry a fuel filter sock to eliminate possible contamination.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #57
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Closing group buy on Friday 15th of Feb

I am going to wrap this up this week. If anyone wants to get final orders in please have them to me before the end of Friday. If anyone wishes to change their order please let me know by the end of Friday too.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #58
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,569
Just a quick follow up to my post about using Auspost/eBay satchels for posting. You may néed to remind peeps not to take to them with a box cutter/ Stanley knife to open their parcel. It did happen and the recipient was disappointed that their bivy bag was no longer waterproof.

SJ
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #59
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Think before applying knife!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John View Post
Just a quick follow up to my post about using Auspost/eBay satchels for posting. You may néed to remind peeps not to take to them with a box cutter/ Stanley knife to open their parcel. It did happen and the recipient was disappointed that their bivy bag was no longer waterproof.

SJ
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #60
Sunken Man OP
Sunken Man

Delay

Hi guys,
Just wanted to update you all that I have been unable to put time into this order this last week due to an emergency for work. I hope to be able to get the ball rolling again on saturday.
Thanks for your understanding fellas.