Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #61
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,030
Beemer Boneyard sells the universal Bosch Oxygen sensor (you have to splice) for $79.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #62
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,788

There's a good idea. And that sensor comes with a nice waterproof splice. Just cut off the original sensor before the connector,
and splice the new one in. Note: Be sure to cut the harness at a place where the splice connector has room to fit.

Link:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/11781464492n.html

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #63
Ozav8r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
OK - so I managed to get the O2 sensor out of the catcon - transferred it and installed the REMUS Y-pipe into the 1150GS. But now the bike runs terrible. It barely idles, and hesitates terribly through initial acceleration, needing about 3000RPM, just to avoid bogging down. It does the odd backfiring as well, something I was aware was an issue with the Y-pipe, but the bike is barely rideable now. Anyone got any ideas. Does the motronic needs a 'reset' with the recuced resistance in the exhaust, or is there something bleedin' obvious I am missing. Poolside or anyone - rescue me please!

Ozav8r screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 09:25 PM
Ozav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #64
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,071
First, make sure that all your throttle cables are properly seated, in particular the one just Above the right hand throttle body.
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #65
Ozav8r
Adventurer

OK - I will check that out straight away. Cheers, will let you know how I get on.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #66
Ozav8r
Adventurer

Roger - you're my hero the right throttle cable crimped end, had 'jumped' over the edge of its seat, and therefore was causing uneven fueling between the 2 cylinders. Problem solved in 10 seconds flat, and there I was, thinking I was going to get rid of the Y-pipe and go back to the original catcon. It sounds SO much better with the Y-pipe and seems to breathe better as well, but that could have just been me relishing the burble that was coming out the back end when I was 'gunning' it thanks again - you're a certified guru!!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #67
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,071
Very glad to hear that was your problem. However the credit goes to JVB and Steptoe who each posted answers with photos just last week to the same symptoms. Their experience adds a lot to this forum.

My thoughts on your y-pipe are that if it has changed your sound and you like it, that's good. I wouldn't think there'd be much change in air flow and it could be a bit more or at some rpms a bit less. If that's the case be alert for pinging and give your Motronic time to adapt itself to the change.
RB
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
Ozav8r
Adventurer

Thanks again Roger - I shall heed your advise on the pinging issue. Took it out for a 250 mile run yesterday (Ortega Hwy x 2) and so far, so good.

Best!