User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #466
porkandcorn
FortesFortunaAdiuvat

Oddometer: 296
motociclista em jurere - floripa

sou americano, mas falo portugues. ficando em praia jurere por 6 dias si alguem quer combinar pra um chopp.

acabou de dirigir o serra do rio do rastro - completemente fechada com neblina :(

ate mais,

fritz
porkandcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #467
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
I already have 2 machete's with me .
ones a nice big new one a nice peruvian girl gave me. Maybe she knows somthing I dont

The scabbards are nice compliment to the handy tools, I got this one given to me from a coffee finca:

Do you have a blog or ride report going on this trip I'm looking forward to getting back down in Brasil on those Amazon roads.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #468
Miguel AL
Always on the Run

Oddometer: 17
"Just a though if any one has been out this way . How often are the rains on average ? I mean if I get bogged down to bad is it worth setting up camp and waiting a day for things to dry out a bit or is it just time to get digging and pushing ?"

Definitely not a good idea. It's not rainy days, it's rainy SEASON. The rains start in November/ December and stop in April. It rains every day, usually the whole day
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #469
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
I spent 4 months working out in suriname in the rainy season . There you could set your watch bye the rain . short heavy blasts that could flood a road in 1 hour then be good to go 1 hour later so I find it hard to beleave that it rains ALL day every day in Brazil.
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #470
Rods
bikers help desk

Oddometer: 7
Overlanders meeting in Brazil, South

There will an overlanders meeting in South of Brazil, Foz do Iguaçu(Iguazu, Iguassu Falls) on 29 to 31/March/2013.

All travellers are welcome, hostels and camping sites are being organize to receive everyone, good chance to meet a lot of travellers and change experiences, activities, bbq and good conversation plus the usual atractions of town, iguassu falls, tour into the Itaipu dam riding your bike, etc.

Some pre registration would be apreciated to have an idea of how many are coming, NO fees taken in advance, for details send a message to iguassutravellershostel"at"gmail.com

Cheers
Rods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #471
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
im thinking i can make it there
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #472
Davemacduf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Brazilian contact needed

Hola amigos de Brazil,
I am filling out my visa request for a Brazil adventure in April and May 2014.
It would be more responsive to the information required on the application to provide a contact person in Brazil.
My German amigo and I plan to cross into Brazil from Bolivia heading west to the Atlantic and working our way south exiting into Uruguay. We will spend about 5 weeks in your beautiful country.
I am David from California living in Ecuador the past 7 years and my amigo is Wolfgang of Germany who lives in Colombia. We will both be riding Honda 750 Africa Twins (both have Ecuador placas).
Anyone willing to help us out with this, who this along our approximate route could pm me and I will send all the exact details to use your info as a contact.
looking forward to meeting our contact and having a good Brazilian beer.
David,the mcduf in Cuenca,Ecuador
Davemacduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #473
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods View Post
There will an overlanders meeting in South of Brazil, Foz do Iguaçu(Iguazu, Iguassu Falls) on 29 to 31/March/2013.

All travellers are welcome, hostels and camping sites are being organize to receive everyone, good chance to meet a lot of travellers and change experiences, activities, bbq and good conversation plus the usual atractions of town, iguassu falls, tour into the Itaipu dam riding your bike, etc.

Some pre registration would be apreciated to have an idea of how many are coming, NO fees taken in advance, for details send a message to iguassutravellershostel"at"gmail.com

Cheers

Im in....
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #474
stonie-germany
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Help: 3 dias viagem SP, Paraty, Minas,SP

Oi gente,
we are planning a 3 days tour in april. Our bikes are R 1200 GS and F 800 GS. Light offroad possible.

The Basic idea is: SP, Taubate, Cunha, Paraty, Angras, RJ 155 to Rio Claro, RJ to 157 Barra Mansa, Resende, 353 to Pouso Alto (Minas),Sao Lorenco, Campos do Jordao, SP .

Anybody familar with the area and can give some points, hotels, fazendas, or routes of interest which we should not miss. Any idea is welcome.

Thanks

Burkhard
stonie-germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #475
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer: 138
Rio day ride?

I am going to be in Rio with my family on holiday this December. Since this is a family trip I would only have the opportunity to ride during the day while the family is on the beach. Any recommendation for a tour company that could supply a bike and do a day trip out of Rio?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #476
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumknee View Post
I am going to be in Rio with my family on holiday this December. Since this is a family trip I would only have the opportunity to ride during the day while the family is on the beach. Any recommendation for a tour company that could supply a bike and do a day trip out of Rio?
Contact Raf (mirantesMT http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=180412) as he has a ADV MC tour company. I think he has a bit more focus on the adventure part now. He knows Brazil and the history better than most people know their own country. Be warned if he wants to take you for a "little hike" you need to be in real good shape. Took me a week to recover from our little hike. But the views were well worth it.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #477
o*o
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemacduf View Post
Hola amigos de Brazil,
...It would be more responsive to the information required on the (visa) application to provide a contact person in Brazil...
I hope they are not just looking for an address to send all of those photo speed trap tickets to. Don't recall my original application but writing something like " see your beautiful country and make new friends" may be good. I'd give them a hostel near Iguaçu where I first enter.

When entering I always state "hotels and hostels when night comes" Then explain because of maintenance and unplanned roads or obstacles, I often do not now where I will get to until night approaches. After a moment they always finnish the paperwork. Sure hope none of those flashing pole photos ever reach me!

Beware any time limit from when you apply for the visa and when you first enter Brasil. I almost missed my deadline which caused a nice discussion in Sao Paulo airport. After entering Brasil I have 5 years of multiple visits which have been nice by bike!.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #478
Davemacduf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
backatcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by o*o View Post
I hope they are not just looking for an address to send all of those photo speed trap tickets to. Don't recall my original application but writing something like " see your beautiful country and make new friends" may be good. I'd give them a hostel near Iguaçu where I first enter.

When entering I always state "hotels and hostels when night comes" Then explain because of maintenance and unplanned roads or obstacles, I often do not now where I will get to until night approaches. After a moment they always finnish the paperwork. Sure hope none of those flashing pole photos ever reach me!

Beware any time limit from when you apply for the visa and when you first enter Brasil. I almost missed my deadline which caused a nice discussion in Sao Paulo airport. After entering Brasil I have 5 years of multiple visits which have been nice by bike!.
Thanks for the reply,
I put the same phrases in my cover letter for the visa (solicitude). Now awaiting the visa... Brazil here we come! Wish me luck.
Davemacduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #479
ottawawill
OttawaWill

Oddometer: 6
Eh? Good read!

Bom Dia Agente!
Well the last two days here is Ottawa, Canada have been rather unproductive. I found this thread and read it from start to finish. I found myself lost in the posts of RRs where the weather is beautiful and riding is wonderful all the while here its snowing on the first day of spring.
I currently am not riding but it is my goal to one day get and ADV bike and ride. I want to know all Brazil has to offer. My wife is Brazilian and have had the pleasure to visit 4 times in the past 4 years. My father in law in in Recife and Rides a Suzuki B-king and would love to spend some time on two wheels getting to know him better.
I was in Sampa this past February and driving in SP on four wheels was busy enough I don't know if I will ever be up to attempting the city on two wheels but who knows .
For me it is an absurd what Brazilians are expected to pay for Cars and Bikes . It is just mind blowing for me. Yet it never ceases to amaze me the number of new cars are on the road. I imagine that if people are willing to pay the price companies and government will continue to charge. It is not my intention to start a debate about the taxes and tariffs because it is what it is and people have little option.
I hope to one day spend enough time (and enough $$$) to get my citizenship and be able to buy a bike and explore esse país maravilhoso. With our new son and another on the way, pursuing a higher education, my wife finishing her PhD and establishing a career it may take longer than I would like to wait. Luckily I am extremely patient and for the meantime I will have to live through other peoples Ride reports.
ottawawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #480
ottawawill
OttawaWill

Oddometer: 6
Raf what became of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirantesMT View Post
Hi fellow inmates,

I made it back home after the re-surgery of my pelvic fracture... The difference is day and night. The first time, I still had a lot of pain in my back after the procedure, and no matter what medicine they gave me, that pain never went away. It was kind of like a bad Hernia... Well, this time, I don't have that pain anymore, so it makes me wonder whether the first time everything was in the correct place to begin with... Anyways, it's good to be back home and start the recovery process again.

They put new titanium plates in, stronger ones this time, bigger screws, and also tied them together with some kind of string. The doctor told me that this new prothese is good for a person that weighs 150 kg, and since I weigh only about 70kg, it's very unlikely that this one is going to get out of place... Let's hope so.

So, I feel a lot more comfortable after this surgery, with less pain and a good look on the coming weeks and the future. I just need to get through another 45 days of doing virtually nada... except watching TV and play Xbox...

Thanks for the support everybody... About the lawsuit. Maybe it is going to be slow, but I think I should give it a try. I think it is correct that Brazilians don't really fight for their rights because it's all too slow and costly. I don't have a lot of time and money to blow on this, but I sure would like to find out how this turns out. I feel that there are a lot of things changing in Brasil (in a good way) and maybe this is one of those things.

I'll keep you guys posted...

Drive safe people.
Raf
Bom Dia Raf,
Did you follow through on legal proceedings? If so what was the outcome? If not where and why did you stop?
I have had very limited dealings with bureaucracy in Brazil but witnessing my mother in law trading in her used car for a new was a three day affair and going to the bank seems like a half day event. I can only imagine what would be involved with your case. Needless to say I am interested.
Next time we are in Brazil and find ourselves in RJ I will do my best to make a trip out to do a tour with you. I am also a coffee fanatic (I Pilao Intenso ( came home with 13kgs last time I was in Brasil, my wife who is Brazilian thinks I'm crazy)) and would love to see where its grown. Maybe I can convince my father to come with me and beg someone else to make up the 3.
All the best. look forward to meeting and getting to know your surroundings.
OttawaWill
ottawawill is offline   Reply With Quote