|02-07-2013, 05:54 PM||#1|
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Rep of Korea
F700gs – Touring 2 Up?
My better half and I am thinking about getting F700gs for our weekend getaway & a week summer vacation.
- Me: 5 ft 7 (=175cm) / 159lbs (=72kg)
- My wife: 5 ft 5 (=167cm) / 114lbs (=51kg)
- F700gs with BMW Aluminum Panniers & Top Case with maximum 33-44lbs (=15-20kg) of camping gears
- The top cruising speed we wish: 75 mile/h (=120km/h)
=> Without much of stress on a bike and hassle on me
- Driving condition: Tarmac 80 / Formed dirt roads 20 to find a camping site
- I do not intend to go serious off-road but I might want to use this bike for transcontinental trips of North America and Europe in the near future.
I’ve read many threads about F800gs for two-up but F700gs should be different. (Maybe more similar to F650 twin?)
A dealer recommends me R1200gs for 2-up, but considering our physical sizes, I think F700gs would handle my requirements. What do you guys think? Go with F700gs? Or R1200gs is worthy investment to make?
Also, I plan to have 10-15 minutes break after two hours of riding. (Should I take a break after one hour?)
I want to hear more about your thoughts, opinions, advice and experience etc.
If you have good seat recommendations (Airhawk?) please inform me.
Thank you very much!
jun19 screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 06:39 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|