ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #3016
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: ACT Australia
Oddometer: 258
Rego

Was going to see if anyone wanted to ride tomorrow but looks like I'm making my daughters DRZ standard again

Was bought in NSW and need to change rego to ACT and looks like it needs to go over Dickson. Even though I can theoretically get roadworthy elsewhere it needs its identity check and people seem paranoid about passing in case the guys a Dickson then don't think it's right.

Apparently it needs standard exhaust, led indicators flash a bit quick, needs standard number plate holder/taillight. I think I need to take all the custom rack supports off so I can get the standard exhaust on again. Needs the cutoff switch for the stand reinstalled... Has also been suggested I should take fairing and safari tank off. Hopefully no one notices the Athena stamp on the barrel The debate now is do I make it completely standard so as to get it through easy or do I try and get it through with some of its mods... Either way long pointless day especially when I just have to put all the good bits on again the day after it is passed... Everyone seems to think no problem passing any other time once we have ACT rego. Everything is properly done and works as supposed to, I hate beurocracy.....

Mic
Micl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #3017
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micl View Post
Was going to see if anyone wanted to ride tomorrow but looks like I'm making my daughters DRZ standard again

Was bought in NSW and need to change rego to ACT and looks like it needs to go over Dickson. Even though I can theoretically get roadworthy elsewhere it needs its identity check and people seem paranoid about passing in case the guys a Dickson then don't think it's right.

Apparently it needs standard exhaust, led indicators flash a bit quick, needs standard number plate holder/taillight. I think I need to take all the custom rack supports off so I can get the standard exhaust on again. Needs the cutoff switch for the stand reinstalled... Has also been suggested I should take fairing and safari tank off. Hopefully no one notices the Athena stamp on the barrel The debate now is do I make it completely standard so as to get it through easy or do I try and get it through with some of its mods... Either way long pointless day especially when I just have to put all the good bits on again the day after it is passed... Everyone seems to think no problem passing any other time once we have ACT rego. Everything is properly done and works as supposed to, I hate beurocracy.....

Mic
Is it really necessary to put the OEM tank back on? What a pain in the arse if so.
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #3018
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: ACT Australia
Oddometer: 258
Not sure.. My wife got the inspection done will get more info tonight. It's one of those things where making it stock means it goes through and may be quicker than having to go backwards and forwards multiple times if they are being retentive..
Micl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #3019
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,898
ACT Rego

I got my old XT250 registered for my daughter in her name 6 months or so ago. Got the inspection done at a garage/workshop in Dickson near the RTA(?). Easy as, they just checked that the numbers matched and all the basic roadworthies worked. Not real fussy at all. The aftermarket blinkers and plastic headlight were fine, so too the Aldi bicycle speedo, as were the Honda forks and no front brake light switch. I didn't point it all out and ask, and they didn't notice. It never came off the back of the ute. Over to the RTA(?) with the paperwork and a few $ and done. The bike was unregistered, but had formerly been registered in my name in NSW, and I had the evidence, ie old rego paper.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #3020
stuser
Putt putt putt
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 373
two hour ride suggestions

Any of you fine gentlemen have a suggestion for a two hour-ish ride I can do, starting from north canberra, focussing on DIRT roads :)

Need to get out for a ride, but also have to take family out tomorrow...
Bit of scenery would be good.

Thanks.
stuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #3021
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hoots's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Gundaroo NSW OZ
Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuser View Post
Any of you fine gentlemen have a suggestion for a two hour-ish ride I can do, starting from north canberra, focussing on DIRT roads :)

Need to get out for a ride, but also have to take family out tomorrow...
Bit of scenery would be good.

Thanks.
You could check out some of the trails in Tallaganda.

Go through QBN to Hoskinstown, then veer left through Forbes Creek – once in the park, turn right onto Bald Peak FT and follow it down to Palerang – right again, then down to Lowden Forest rd – right onto that, then left onto Main Range Rd – continue across Harrold Cross Rd to Rocky Pic Rd – follow that down to the Captain’s Flat-Braidwood Rd – turn right there and home vi Cpts Flat.
Hoots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #3022
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 1,941
Ok, So a mate and I at work were talking and I told him about the ride for Tugboat Bill. I said I was keen to go but not on my own to which he said he lets go up together and I'll drive my esky (Land Rover). So a map has been decided upon leave has been applied for, still waiting for work to approve should know this week. The trip will be 10-11 days riding every day. As you will see by the map I've broken the legs up into 7 days this allows 3 legs to be split if a good campsite is found or a leg is just getting to tiring. It won't be a race and If times running down and we have to cut and run near the end then so be it, I'm no Cyril Despres so nobody will have trouble keeping up with me.

My question to you all, is anybody from our little neck of the woods keen on coming along? Dates are 3rd to the 12th of May have to be in Birdsville on the 6th, bearing in mind I'm still waiting on leave approval so it could go pear shaped.

Should be a blast taking in some of the iconic tracks like the Strzelecki Track, Cordello Downs, Bridsville, Big Red, the Bridsville Track and the Flinders Ranges on the way home.

Heres the map link again

I never met Bill but I felt like I did after watching all ten Motorbikin' DVDs, I see this as getting off my arse and doing something I've always wanted to do before time moves on and I can't. And to pay respects to a Bloody Legend.

If your keen or have any questions PM me. If we get a couple I'll start a thread. If not you can read my RR when we get back.

Cheers
Fati

havafati screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 06:32 AM
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #3023
ferals5
865+652
 
ferals5's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Goulburn, Australia
Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post

Should be a blast taking in some of the iconic tracks like the Strzelecki Track, Cordello Downs, Bridsville, Big Red, the Bridsville Track and the Flinders Ranges on the way home.

Heres the map link again


Cheers
Fati
Mate you will have a blast... I wanted to go back again this year but apparently that bank is empty ...


cheers Mark


ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #3024
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Ok, So a mate and I at work were talking and I told him about the ride for Tugboat Bill. I said I was keen to go but not on my own to which he said he lets go up together and I'll drive my esky (Land Rover). So a map has been decided upon leave has been applied for, still waiting for work to approve should know this week. The trip will be 10-11 days riding every day. As you will see by the map I've broken the legs up into 7 days this allows 3 legs to be split if a good campsite is found or a leg is just getting to tiring. It won't be a race and If times running down and we have to cut and run near the end then so be it, I'm no Cyril Despres so nobody will have trouble keeping up with me.

My question to you all, is anybody from our little neck of the woods keen on coming along? Dates are 3rd to the 12th of May have to be in Birdsville on the 6th, bearing in mind I'm still waiting on leave approval so it could go pear shaped.

Should be a blast taking in some of the iconic tracks like the Strzelecki Track, Cordello Downs, Bridsville, Big Red, the Bridsville Track and the Flinders Ranges on the way home.

Heres the map link again

I never met Bill but I felt like I did after watching all ten Motorbikin' DVDs, I see this as getting off my arse and doing something I've always wanted to do before time moves on and I can't. And to pay respects to a Bloody Legend.

If your keen or have any questions PM me. If we get a couple I'll start a thread. If not you can read my RR when we get back.

Cheers
Fati
Its sorta been on my list of things to do this year. So its maybe. I get some surgery on my knee next month and I'd like to think that by then I'd be up for it, but I really can't commit until almost on the day. The missus and I also talked about taking the new cage. We had planned to do the Birdsville Track after the Flinders Classic in early April, buts that a definite not now.

I thought Baza was going?
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z
BergDonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #3025
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Its sorta been on my list of things to do this year. So its maybe. I get some surgery on my knee next month and I'd like to think that by then I'd be up for it, but I really can't commit until almost on the day. The missus and I also talked about taking the new cage. We had planned to do the Birdsville Track after the Flinders Classic in early April, buts that a definite not now.

I thought Baza was going?
I'm starting to plan for it, but it could be a case of I have same bank manager as ferals5
and those fellas ain't got a sense of humous!!!
if I end up going - I'd say I'd throw my lot in with 'fati now he's talking about going, but everything is a big 'if & maybe' these days,
recovering from 'Karuah' on the weekend, will have to work on fitness levels - me thinks
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #3026
havafati
Yassdafarian
 
havafati's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Yass, NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Its sorta been on my list of things to do this year. So its maybe. I get some surgery on my knee next month and I'd like to think that by then I'd be up for it, but I really can't commit until almost on the day. The missus and I also talked about taking the new cage. We had planned to do the Birdsville Track after the Flinders Classic in early April, buts that a definite not now.

I thought Baza was going?
I know your an experienced self sufficient chappie so a late commit is fine mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
I'm starting to plan for it, but it could be a case of I have same bank manager as ferals5
and those fellas ain't got a sense of humous!!!
if I end up going - I'd say I'd throw my lot in with 'fati now he's talking about going, but everything is a big 'if & maybe' these days,
recovering from 'Karuah' on the weekend, will have to work on fitness levels - me thinks
Cheers
Baza
Off to the GYM with ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferals5 View Post
Mate you will have a blast... I wanted to go back again this year but apparently that bank is empty ...


cheers Mark


Love the Pic mate. Awesome. Inspired

Cheers
Fati
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #3027
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
I know your an experienced self sufficient chappie so a late commit is fine mate.



Off to the GYM with ya



Love the Pic mate. Awesome. Inspired

Cheers
Fati
Exercise for today - unload 'White Beast'
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #3028
Ron50
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ron50's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Canberra
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
Its sorta been on my list of things to do this year. So its maybe. I get some surgery on my knee next month and I'd like to think that by then I'd be up for it, but I really can't commit until almost on the day. The missus and I also talked about taking the new cage. We had planned to do the Birdsville Track after the Flinders Classic in early April, buts that a definite not now.

I thought Baza was going?
Be warned: The desert will grab you and you'll want to go there every winter.
Ron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #3029
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50 View Post
Be warned: The desert will grab you and you'll want to go there every winter.
Its done that already

First trip outback and offroad in 2010 and back 5 times since. TK ride in August to Kenilworth is up the Divide and back via out west past the corner.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z

BergDonk screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 03:02 PM
BergDonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #3030
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller
 
hunter_greyghost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Yass, Australia
Oddometer: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron50 View Post
Be warned: The desert will grab you and you'll want to go there every winter.

I can concur with that statement, after Wannarring in '10 I've been itching to get into some serious outback stuff,
and OCR 2014 is my main aim @ moment,
But this trip in May would be a good taster
Cheers
Baza
__________________
1981 XS650SH "Tourer" [ For Sale - when / maybe?], 1975 XS650B "Adventure" ['Kenny Krazyhorse'], 1982 XL500R 'Project'
www.aussiegreyghost.smugmug.com
Couldn't afford a 'GSA', so now it's an 'XSA' "I didn't do it! & whoever said I did, is a liar!"
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014