Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #2161
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
Pretty sure it was two bikes. The faired bike is being used as the camera bike to film the naked one. I recall Motus experimenting with a naked spec R version, don't know if it will be build or remain a prototype though. Anyone else know anything about it?
Woah! If they build a naked bike version, I could *seriously* be tempted by that.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (230,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #2162
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,242
Oh the sound....

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #2163
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Tom View Post
Pretty sure it was two bikes. The faired bike is being used as the camera bike to film the naked one. I recall Motus experimenting with a naked spec R version, don't know if it will be build or remain a prototype though. Anyone else know anything about it?
The naked version became non-naked soon after Daytona. The tour they took was both bikes in bodywork. There only is 2 Motus protos at that time. No idea how many bikes are out there now.

They might be working on other bikes (or not), but they website says it all- 'we will not confirm or deny other projects'
Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #2164
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
The naked version became non-naked soon after Daytona. The tour they took was both bikes in bodywork. There only is 2 Motus protos at that time. No idea how many bikes are out there now.

They might be working on other bikes (or not), but they website says it all- 'we will not confirm or deny other projects'
Even so, we know that a good looking naked Motus can be done... How hard can it be to remove the fairings, and install a big 9" round GS1150E "trainlight"
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #2165
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio

Oddometer: 1,521
the "GDI" direct injection was cancelled, as should this thread. nothing to see here......

comparison to the new zx-14.....please, you should read the detailed specs on the new 14 motor, it is there flagship for a reason
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #2166
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
That's one weird-ass video. The bike jumps from faired to naked during the ride.

Cakeeater
Yeah not very well done.
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #2167
Yostwerks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
GlassAnkles - comparison to the new zx-14.....please, you should read the detailed specs on the new 14 motor, it is there flagship for a reason
What he said

Yostwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #2168
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yostwerks View Post
What he said

The ZX has a great motor and is a great bike and it would make a killer sport tourer if properly outfitted. But the styling is just so juvenile. Kawi was clearly going after 'Busa owners. I just don't see the Motus competing with the ZX - 14; it is a completely different demographic.

Yes, I know you don't see the front end when you are riding it but I'd hate to see this every morning in my garage:

Now, I could stand to see a Motus in my garage every morning. In fact, it would draw me to the garage, like I need another reason to be there!

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #2169
David Shapiro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Have they been to any shows recently? I'm going to the Chicago show this weekend, and I would love to see one in the flesh.

David
David Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #2170
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shapiro View Post
Have they been to any shows recently? I'm going to the Chicago show this weekend, and I would love to see one in the flesh.

David
Take a gun with you... They like that.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #2171
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
The ZX has a great motor and is a great bike and it would make a killer sport tourer if properly outfitted. But the styling is just so juvenile. Kawi was clearly going after 'Busa owners. I just don't see the Motus competing with the ZX - 14; it is a completely different demographic.

Yes, I know you don't see the front end when you are riding it but I'd hate to see this every morning in my garage:

Now, I could stand to see a Motus in my garage every morning. In fact, it would draw me to the garage, like I need another reason to be there!
Mr Canoehead, you showed EXACTLY what I was thinking. I'm gonna be chuckling for a long time....

Add me to the list who can't stand the styling of the Kawaski and so many other tupperwear-covered bikes.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #2172
BuddingGeezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
That's one weird-ass video. The bike jumps from faired to naked during the ride.

Cakeeater
I have a Honda ST1100 that went from a fully faired bike to a naked one while riding it.
BuddingGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #2173
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,242
That ZX is sweet. However, I don't like that the top case takes up the back seat.

I think too, that the comparison is just apples to oranges. The Motus is an American conceived, designed, and manufactured sport touring motorcycle for the real world. It's cool....and I really enjoy that it doesn't need much maintenance. In fact, I'd love it if it were shaft drive! (Or belt is a good option too)

I don't want a mass market, foreign made, generic sport bike, that's just chomping at the bit to coax me into losing my license.

I do want a cool, comfortable, low maintenance, powerful for real world use, made in America, bike.

In fact, if Harley would get their heads out of their asses, and make a bike with some ground clearance and especially cornering clearance, and that doesn't expect me to sit like a dog begging for a bone, they actually have a fantastic power plant and drive train, a great dealer network, and plenty of aftermarket support. It would be a no-brainer.

In lieu of them ever "getting it" - Motus is a real contender.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #2174
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
In fact, if Harley would get their heads out of their asses, and make a bike with some ground clearance and especially cornering clearance, and that doesn't expect me to sit like a dog begging for a bone, they actually have a fantastic power plant and drive train, a great dealer network, and plenty of aftermarket support. It would be a no-brainer.
Are you talking about the sportster powertrain? They had a great version of that in Buell and they killed it.

Or are you talking about the V-Rod powertrain which had great potential until they emasculated it when they let that moron Willy G style it? It could have been a contender but they'll probably kill it too.

I don't think Harley will ever get their heads out of their asses; they will ride the pirate thing into the ground, like Kodak with film. It will be someone else who provides an American bike suitable for sport touring - if not Motus, maybe EBR.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #2175
chiefrider
Chrome won't get you home

Oddometer: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
...It will be someone else who provides an American bike suitable for sport touring - if not Motus, maybe EBR.
Or the new (yet unseen) Indian!

Tom in Salem