User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
begrateful OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
DR650 Stock Carb Mods

I know this horse has probably been beat to death but I am a new owner of a 2007 DR650 w/4700. miles... Picked it up for $800. right before Christmas and have been very blessed to find some great used upgrade parts for it. Just received a Stock BST40 carb that I was going to use to modify so I would still have mine incase something went terribly wrong.
First clue that this was not stock was the plug over the pilot jet was gone... Secondly there is a very thin washer on the needle and the circlip is on the 4th ring from the flat end and then the washer that is not any thicker than the circlip. It also has a 170 main jet already installed. I went ahead and drilled the hole on the slide and have put it back together.
My question is after cutting out the top of the airbox shortly after buying the bike the header pipe was glowing and it seemed to be getting pretty warm shortly after starting it. I immediately shut it down and then taped up the airbox
back to basically stock specs assuming it was way too lean. It has ran fine after that so I do not think it was anything to weird anyway. I live in Oklahoma so do not if the 170 main jet is the best option or not, and or any insight on where I should set the circlip on the needle. I have read some posts showing several washers but do not remember if that was on the stock needle or not or if the stock needle has slots to put the circlip in different places.
I really want to do this one time and will probably order the adjustable idle jet so I can fine tune when installed.
I have installed a K& N airfilter. air box mod on top, power bomb header with Suzuki titanium muffler

Eric
begrateful is offline   Reply With Quote