ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #5086
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin
 
oalvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: CA HWY 2
Oddometer: 2,432
^ hahahaha ..... exactly
__________________
2014 Ducati MTS1200S
2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, and some BMWs as well.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #5087
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
I didn't knew who gave you that wrong info initially. My low seat and low suspension gs has been on order for ovaer a month now.
But i heard the low suspension was only available with esa.
There was a lot of contradictory information earlier in this thread about this topic. Historically the low suspension was never available with ESA...some sources said the new GS would have it and some said no and as I recall there was no firm determination in this thread one way or the other.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #5088
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Fruit County in Golden State, USA
Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Can someone with photoshop show me what this bike will look like with the adventure style metal pannier frames?
Go to Touratech website, somewhere there are pictures of WC GS with panniers that you interested in installed. The CEO/Founder of Tourtech went on a tour and posted picture. Do a little search and you shall have that info.

Posting through iPhone so can't do much of a multitasking. Can be do e but take awful long time.
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #5089
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Fruit County in Golden State, USA
Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Good news for those that want a low suspension GS with Dynamic ESA...it is available, contrary to previous info, per my local dealer. Montauk?
Oooooo. I might just drive by and check out. Thanks EJ.
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #5090
NLS
My bike needs washing...
 
NLS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: GREECE!
Oddometer: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Not true, the front wheels were identical in weight and the rear cast was ever so slightly lighter.
Yes like half a kilo. Not "slightly" in my book.
(as wheel weight - not compared to bike total weight... there the better weight reduction would be for the RIDER HIMSELF to go on a diet)

I own spoke wheels btw...
__________________
NLS
My Blog
When the going gets tough, the tough get going...
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #5091
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
Oooooo. I might just drive by and check out. Thanks EJ.
Won't be at the dealer for a few weeks.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #5092
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
Go to Touratech website, somewhere there are pictures of WC GS with panniers that you interested in installed. The CEO/Founder of Tourtech went on a tour and posted picture. Do a little search and you shall have that info.

Posting through iPhone so can't do much of a multitasking. Can be do e but take awful long time.
I've seen all the pictures with the panniers fitted, but want to see some pictures of the whole bike with just the rails
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #5093
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Yes like half a kilo. Not "slightly" in my book.
(as wheel weight - not compared to bike total weight... there the better weight reduction would be for the RIDER HIMSELF to go on a diet)

I own spoke wheels btw...
Not my recollection...perhaps someone has the facts. What are you going to road race a GS
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #5094
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
I've seen all the pictures with the panniers fitted, but want to see some pictures of the whole bike with just the rails


Sorry, no good overview photo I could find.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #5095
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post


Sorry, no good overview photo I could find.
Thanks bud, I've seen that one. Touratech will be at the bike show in London next week, so as a last resort, I guess I could go and have a look, in the flesh
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #5096
Shorty
carpe'diem ona motorcycle
 
Shorty's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Ripon, Ca.
Oddometer: 460
U.S. Prices

Just saw the price has been announced .
.
$17,095 - Standard Package = heated grips, bag mounts and cruise.
.
$18,485 - Premium Pack.= ESA, computer pro, GPS prep., Chrome ex., heated grips, hand protectors, bag mounts, enduro asc, riding modes and cruise.
.
$19,365 - Premium Plus = adds tire pressure monitors and LED head light but removes the chrome exhaust.

Per BMW of San Francisco's face book page.
__________________
Shorty
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #5097
Rauven
I like the cold...
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Tønsberg, Norway
Oddometer: 195
Damn it's cheap in US...
Rauven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #5098
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer
 
RichBMW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
Damn it's cheap in US...
Yeah, but they'll still moan
__________________
2015 BMW S1000R Sport
2015 BMW R1200GSAW
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #5099
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Fruit County in Golden State, USA
Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Just saw the price has been announced .
.
$17,095 - Standard Package = heated grips, bag mounts and cruise.
.
$18,485 - Premium Pack.= ESA, computer pro, GPS prep., Chrome ex., heated grips, hand protectors, bag mounts, enduro asc, riding modes and cruise.
.
$19,365 - Premium Plus = adds tire pressure monitors and LED head light but removes the chrome exhaust.

Per BMW of San Francisco's face book page.
Those prices are higher from what I know. Your prices are MSRP + Dealer profit.
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #5100
IB1
Studly Adventurer
 
IB1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brussels
Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
Damn it's cheap in US...
Indeed. A european full option including some accesories goes for around 25000 dollars
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014