Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #571
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman View Post
I know I know... believe me I know. I really need to get busy and work on this again. I have just really been lacking on the motivation as of late. Its winter time. Its dark when I go to work its dark when I come home. Cook dinner, sit on the couch to watch a little tv....WTF...its time for bed already...how the hell did that happen.
That sounds like my life too often in the wintertime also. I keep threatening the GF to throw that damn TV out, it sucks you in so much. If I do manage to tear myself away, and to the shop, once I get the moementum going I can get some stuff done, but man it's hard sometime. So much more motivation in the light and sunshine, but then I'd rather .

Sure as shit, spring will get here and I'll look back at my list of stuff to get done during the winter when I didn't have anything else to do and will curse my laziness. Like the bumper sticker "Hard work pays off in the long run, but laziness pays of now ."

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #572
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,118
Need to line the shop with a bunch of those sunshine lights to give us some fake motivation
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #573
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
My problem is not the weather, or wanting to get out there...it is just slowing down with age and injuries...
Turning the TV off and cranking up some music always helps me. I get stuff done on the days my wife works much more than when she is home. She likes to just sit on the couch and watch her DVR'd shows and want company next to her...makes it hard. It has turned me into a couch potato having 2 major surgeries in the last 2 years. 6 Months mandatory on the couch after each surgery...it starts to become a lifestyle after a while even once you are cleared to get up and going.

Keep up the good work, get out there whan you can.
Some of the other guys here on SAR page have given good advice, make a dry erase or chalk board with the next number of task listed, seeing crossed out tasks as yous progress encourages you that you are making progress and motivates....I love it.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #574
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymac530 View Post
Keep up the good work, get out there whan you can.
Some of the other guys here on SAR page have given good advice, make a dry erase or chalk board with the next number of task listed, seeing crossed out tasks as yous progress encourages you that you are making progress and motivates....I love it.
Funny... Looking at the to do list I just posted got me thinking I should do the same thing.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #575
kellymac530
motorcycle addict

Oddometer: 1,052
I do not take credit for this idea, I think it was sailah, Fab418, Drjoe or Larryboy that gave me this idea...it is a good one though because not only does it help you focus forward, it helps you if you get stuck on some little detail, just move to something else and come back to the issue later. Then you also get to see all of the progress you HAVE made which keeps you focused forward.

This only works if you have any shop space at all though...worst case scenario, even a note book will work, just keep it handy.

Keep it up.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #576
DustyRags
Idiot

Oddometer: 260
Wow, epic thread! This robbed me of productivity over the past three days, and yet somehow gave me the will to carry on through things breaking at work. Thanks! :)

Got any local buddies? Sounds like your list of things necessary to get this baby running is a few parts and a few hours- get the guys over, have some beers and throw a work party. Good luck, you've very close!
DustyRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #577
Packer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
It's February 2013, year 4 of this thread. Every time I see YZ has posted I think Yessss, progress, jump to the thread and Nooooooo, nothing done and with February rolling past he'll start servicing dirt bikes in prep for some adrenaline in spring and the poor old Beeza will still be ignored

We need to get his drivers licence cancelled or something so that he's marooned at home, steal everything from the garage but the Beeza and his tools and then he may find time to make progress.

We may need to concrete his garden as well so he has no excuse about cutting the grass, fertilizing the lawn or something.

One day there will be a video posted with the glorious sound track of a well tuned BSA 650. Sadly I'm already 58 years old so may not live long enough to watch and hear it. Of course I was only a boy of 54 when this thread started, about 5% of my life has passed since then.

Oh well, I'll just go and add a few more miles to the 87,000 currently on my 1150GS. It's winter here too, but not as you know it.
Packer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #578
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

All right. You all will be glad to know that I should start to have some spare time again, I hope. Ive been working on 2 project houses to fix and flip for months now on top of working my normal full time job. This has taken up huge amounts of time. Well one house is done and the other just sold this weekend.

Got some parts on order so I can start working on the wheels. With some luck I should be able to get something happening soon.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #579
c.herman126
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman View Post
All right. You all will be glad to know that I should start to have some spare time again, I hope. Ive been working on 2 project houses to fix and flip for months now on top of working my normal full time job. This has taken up huge amounts of time. Well one house is done and the other just sold this weekend.

Got some parts on order so I can start working on the wheels. With some luck I should be able to get something happening soon.
Way to go on the house flips! Hooray for seeing this bike completed!

1993 XR650L
2008 530 EXC-R
c.herman126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #580
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.herman126 View Post
Hooray for seeing this bike completed!

Woah woah woah... lets not get ahead of ourselves now... I didnt say anything about finishing it...
Old 02-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #581
Owlseye
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
This last page seeems like a page of my life, including not finished projects due to rental properties- but I hope you do get it finished; I've been working on 2 Ducati scramblers for 11 years now. I don't think they were vintage when I got them, but they are now.....
Keep up the great work
Owlseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #582
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

yea I think when I started this project I was just at the end of my marrage. Once she moved out I had a 2 year window were I had to re-discover how to use my new found free time. The BSA was a big part of those 2 years.

Now I have a new girlfriend. We have a house together and are working on project houses together trying to figure out a way to turn it into a career and get us both out from working for the man anymore. This has been a big part of why so little has gotten done this last year or so. Not that I would change a thing. I love where my new life is heading now. There are ups and downs but for sure we are heading on the right path.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #583
Owlseye
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Best wishes!
The garage is a lot more fun to be in when I feel good about things, rather than a refuge from everything else. That being said, I am looking forward to retirement in a few years... just have to build up enough cash reserves to .... well you know the rest. My dry erase board (mentioned earlier) would have to fill up 3 walls of the garage I don't have.
Owlseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #584
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees

Getting closer to lacing up the wheels. Got a stand this week.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #585
Marco Moto
Voyager

Oddometer: 1,138
Yessss, let this be THE summer!