Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #16
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
That is the best set up I have seen yet. The KTM version should fit anything at least 10 years back. You would have to have a full DC conversion at 100W or more to run both squadrons plus battery charging, etc. I have converted my old 520 to full DC with a trailtech stator and would love to install this. Looks like it would bolt right up. Looks very well-made at a reasonable price.

Your KTM version should work on Husabergs back to 2004 also. Same basic clamps, except for offset and same stator/charging system. The '09 and up 'Bergs are full DC systems stock.
Thanks John, you're right on with the power requirements for the Squadrons, but you won't be sorry.

A little testing tonight,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Great job on this Paul. You have put together a well thought out product. I sure would like to see a version of this offered for my Super Enduro!! I am running the emig triples with a sub-mount.

Do you think you will offer a compatible version of your product for my set-up? If yes, when do you anticipate having this available

How about sales for invidual pieces of your system? Is this possible?

Also, when are the plastic masks going to be available?

Thx
Bob
Hey Bob, the SE will need a triple that has separate lowers that bolt on, then it's a go, but I haven't done one yet so can't say that there will be no issues.

Parts will be available separately, just need to figure out how to put that on the site, but that's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Got my fairing mounted today and had to go for a test spin despite the cold weather:

Does look good Dan, thanks for the input.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
are the lights frowned upon for street use? are there other options/configurations more freindly to passing motorists and such?
Like Dan said, it can be mitigated with a dimmer, I have one in the wide cornering version, have it pointed down since it has a nicely defined cutoff and have yet to be flashed with it on full power, see video above, along with a spot it works very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Alamo View Post
I second that motion, I'm in. Have your hand guards on my WR now and they are top notch. You make it , I'll buy it !
Hi PDX, I've been in touch with an inmate here and will be setting one up, but give us a few weeks, we are swapped right now and don't want to bite off too much.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

Oddometer: 72
I'm looking at getting this setup for my CRF450X. I'll be ordering it in the next month or two. One thing I learned is that the fairing is not included with the tower kit. However for the inmates, Paul is passing on the discount to the fairing as well. To get that discount use this code, "advrider01".
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
KTBen
Barrrp!

Oddometer: 470
This is a great idea (just what ive been thinking about)

Have you got a photo of a bike with the black fairing? Maybe even a photo of one on a bigger bike.....
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
EdGear
Edventurer

Oddometer: 531
Where do you route the front brake cables and how do you compensate for their range of movement?
EdGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #21
ROKIT_71
Going Orange

Oddometer: 188
Hello Paul,

Really like your set up and have some queries regarding it.

I'm picking up this week a 2103 Berg 501 to set up for the Condo 750 & The Australian Safari.

This kit would fit straight on I assume as it is a blue KTM!

With regard to the lighting do you need to upgrade anything. Will standard wiring set up handle the Squadron LED lights? Can they run high and low beam? Do they plug straight in?

How much are the handlebars raised to accommodate the set up?

Can you ship to Australia?

Thanks mate and great work!

ROKIT_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #22
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,209
Will the KTM KIT fit a 2011 Husaber 570 FE?
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBen View Post
This is a great idea (just what ive been thinking about)

Have you got a photo of a bike with the black fairing? Maybe even a photo of one on a bigger bike.....
Ben, we've sold out of the first batches, they were only white, have machine time booked for production on the tool end of next week will have white, black and orange then. As far as a bigger bike, haven't tried yet, really focusing on getting the kits for Honda's and Yamaha's done first. What bike are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKIT_71 View Post
Hello Paul,

Really like your set up and have some queries regarding it.

I'm picking up this week a 2103 Berg 501 to set up for the Condo 750 & The Australian Safari.

This kit would fit straight on I assume as it is a blue KTM!

With regard to the lighting do you need to upgrade anything. Will standard wiring set up handle the Squadron LED lights? Can they run high and low beam? Do they plug straight in?

How much are the handlebars raised to accommodate the set up?

Can you ship to Australia?

Thanks mate and great work!

Rokit, the only thing I'm concerned about is the lower triple mount on that and the new KTM XC-F and SX, they have front mounts on the lower triple for the fenders and no tapped holes on the top of the lower triple, I'll need to try the lower mounting bracket on one to see.

Looks like the 501 will have enough power, same as my 500XCW, but you'll need to do some wiring for the lights and switches, and you'll want to fuse them separately so that if one shorts or has an issue they both don't go dark.

The Squadrons come in spot, flood, combo and wide cornering. None are DOT or street legal, but as mentioned they can be made to pass if the scrutiny isn't too bad. They do come in a plug and play config for KTM's, but if you have 2 you'll still want separate switching and fusing.

The lowest configuration for the bars would be less than an inch over stock to allow for the damper submt.

Yes I can ship to Australia, but USPS has just increased their international shipping rates 25%+ so that might hurt.

I can get you a quote, email me what you would like to order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
Will the KTM KIT fit a 2011 Husaber 570 FE?
KBT, Microfiche on the 570 looks like if it's stock should work, but really just needs the triples with those holes on the triple pictured above. You can email me some pics of yours and I should be able to tell.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
theantipaul OP
Reforming Neandertal

As Idahombre mentioned before, the ADV 10% discount code has never been turned off and don't have any plans to do so. That should help take the edge off the shipping.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
KTBen
Barrrp!

Oddometer: 470
It would be for a 690 enduro. Looking at your photos it looks like it would fit straight on. Can you post a photo of a black fairing when you've made them.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
We start here, this is the style KTM triple clamp for this setup, versions to follow would be for Hondas, Yamahas and aftermarket triples, BRP etc.

On go the Scott’s submt/side plate mt and the lower handlebar clamps, these are 2 1’2” with the submt the overall height to the centerline of the bars is 3 1/8”,

Adjustable Scott’s mounting plate,

Top clamp,

Next comes the lower bracket,

Then the first side plate,

Then the lower side plate and spacer to tie it all together, the side plate is tapped for the M6 bolt and the only drilling required if needed is to drill through the lower side plate at the hole above the bolt and add a second bolt, we have found this to be pretty much unnecessary, but have kept it for unknown abuse.

Here are 2 optional Squadrons and hardware ready for mounting,

The squadrons mounted up,

And with the fairing.

The whole package weighs in at 7.5lbs, but that includes submt, lowers and top clamp, your bike will already have these,

So the assembly as it sits that can be removed to return to stock light, weighs in at 4.5lbs,

Paul

May I ask the exact model of renthal evo handlebars you run?

What do you think of them for adv riding?

I'm considering swapping out my pro taper cr highs for some 'straighter' bars.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #27
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Paul,

I have the HDB hand guard setup on my 990 and 690E and really like them but I do have a problem with the 690 which is illustrated in the picture below:

The bar top-clamp blocks the view of the instruments and, when I mount my Zumo on a bar which uses the two tapped holes in the top-clamp, the partial view of the instruments is completely gone. I've been thinking of trying to use the Rally Lite setup to solve this problem and also improve the lighting significantly. So the question is (and other 690 owners may have this question too), Do you have a mount for the 08 690E instrument? I realize there are not that many 08 E's out there. but the 2012 and 2013 690 R's also use this instrument cluster. I guess I could try to fab something myself which would attach to the lite setup, but the esthetics of that would likely be something I wouldn't want to look at each time I ride.

Finally, I assume that I would be able to buy just the parts of the Rally Lite setup I need, correct? I understand that I would be replacing my current Scott's mount and bar mount, but hopefully not the bar top-clamp.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Do you have rox offset riders? Are you bolting the top top clamp directly onto the OEM lowers?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #29
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
Do you have rox offset riders? Are you bolting the top top clamp directly onto the OEM lowers?
The 690 Scott mount was from Underground Machine (2" risers). The stock bar lower-mounts bolt to the Scott's mount.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #30
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
The 690 Scott mount was from Underground Machine (2" risers). The stock bar lower-mounts bolt to the Scott's mount.
From the thread you showed me... it looks like even with the OEM top clamp, guys are already crowding their instruments

Paul will most likely answer you... but from what I can see the best bet would be the get a different top clamp AKA big holes on bottom

OR Go with this setup -

Motorfiets screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 09:52 AM
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote