Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #46
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMess View Post
Downloaded to my iPad 2 fine. I have flipped through a few pages and am looking forward to reading it all on a 2 hour plane flight this evening. Graphics, text and all look really crisp and clean and easy to read.
Only one problem for me from that quick look, it appears that I can jump to an article from the contents page but, unless I am missing something, there is no way to go back without scrolling back page x page. It could do with a tool bar on the bottom with a link to the contents page, a sliding option or a bookmarks option.
Try an Australian Newstand mag called Cycle Torque as an example. Tap the bottom of the page and a toolbar pops up with links to the cover, contents page, bookmarks and library. A second bar will also pop up with a thumbnail view of each page and you can scroll through those as well.
Navigation is like a magazine. So you scroll article to article. However, you can jump around the magazine by double-tapping the screen. This will bring up all the articles. You can then tap the specific article you want and you will be taken to it. For this iteration, we made it so you only go to the beginning of an article, not an individual page. But we are looking at ways in which we might change that.
OUTLAND MOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #47
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkam View Post
Just downloaded, thanks.

I am on a limited Internet plan as a full time RV'er. The app was a small download but the magazine was pretty big, at least it took up some megabytes on my monitor. Will all issues be a couple hundred megabytes? I imagine because of the content and format that might be the case.

I'll still get it, just an observation.

Thanks again, amazing what technology and a crowd sourced idea can do,

ADV is something special in so many ways.
Yes the magazine issue itself is bigger than the app. We are constantly looking at ways to conserve file size, but with video and audio incorporated into it, file sizes will be a bit larger. But like I said, we will always work to keep it as manageable as possible.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
jkam
Nomadic Man

Oddometer: 3,803
It's really refreshing to see such excellent customer support, especially for a free product.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #49
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkam View Post
It's really refreshing to see such excellent customer support, especially for a free product.
Well we appreciate the kind comments. Like I said earlier, we made it in part because of you all, so we felt strongly that it should be free. Hopefully, we can provide cool stories for everybody. But even though it is free, it is still a product, so we want to support it the best we can, and make it as good as it can be.

OUTLAND MOTO screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 06:15 PM
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #50
GMess
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi_inrem View Post
Navigation is like a magazine. So you scroll article to article. However, you can jump around the magazine by double-tapping the screen. This will bring up all the articles. You can then tap the specific article you want and you will be taken to it. For this iteration, we made it so you only go to the beginning of an article, not an individual page. But we are looking at ways in which we might change that.
Hahn, so sorry. Should have read the destructions. Thanks.
GMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #51
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMess View Post
Hahn, so sorry. Should have read the destructions. Thanks.
No problem, GMess!! Actually, we like hearing stuff like that because, regardless of the instructions, it gives us feedback on how users want to use the magazine. Helps us make it better in the future. Enjoy!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #52
nastyroxinc
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Not sure. I just did a test on two devices and it downloaded fine. It may depend on the network you are on. I know that some public networks, like coffee houses, have slow download rates. But if you are at home, it should be fine. What type of network connection are you on when downloading the issue?
Still no joy. I grant you that the first attempt from a hotel room in Morocco probably wasn't going to yield the best results, but even now I'm back on my home DSL here in Germany I still can't get any further.

I'm running an iPad 3 (the one before they decided to release the new one, 2 months after I bought it) with the last iOS that had google as the default map client and youtube preinstalled....

I'll keep trying....
nastyroxinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #53
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyroxinc View Post
Still no joy. I grant you that the first attempt from a hotel room in Morocco probably wasn't going to yield the best results, but even now I'm back on my home DSL here in Germany I still can't get any further.

I'm running an iPad 3 (the one before they decided to release the new one, 2 months after I bought it) with the last iOS that had google as the default map client and youtube preinstalled....

I'll keep trying....
I'm really not sure what it could be. My only guess would be that it may deal with the transfer from the US to Europe. But that is just a guess. We checked the server this weekend and all seemed fine. No issues with transfer rates. But we are looking into whether transfer overseas is effected at all.

Also, some of you have asked about file size. These magazines can get large (100-200MB). Especially when video is incorporated into them. We are looking at ways to minimize file size in future issues. So, although they will not be small in file size, they will be optimized as much as possible.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #54
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Thanks for what appears to be a very interesting new offering. I can think of one club magazine (edited by a schmuck from the left coast) that could easily be replaced by content like this.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #55
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post
Thanks for what appears to be a very interesting new offering. I can think of one club magazine (edited by a schmuck from the left coast) that could easily be replaced by content like this.
Thanks dmac57!! We really do hope you guys enjoy it. We are getting an impressive list of contributors, so you can expect rich content in the future. Again, thanks for the comments, and we hope to be providing good stories for a long time to come.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #56
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Thanks dmac57!! We really do hope you guys enjoy it. We are getting an impressive list of contributors, so you can expect rich content in the future. Again, thanks for the comments, and we hope to be providing good stories for a long time to come.
A quality effort for sure. Any chance having an option to increase the font size? My tired eyes like bigger fonts.
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #57
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainic View Post
A quality effort for sure. Any chance having an option to increase the font size? My tired eyes like bigger fonts.
Glad you asked. Yes, we are increasing the font size in the next issue. It will be much easier on the eyes.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #58
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Quote:
Glad you asked. Yes, we are increasing the font size in the next issue. It will be much easier on the eyes.
Let me clarify that. We are unable to give the user the option to increase the font size on their own. But, we will be using larger font sizes in the upcoming issues. This will make it much easier to read.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #59
nonamehorse
Concrete Jungle

Oddometer: 149
Downloaded last night! Nice job, looking forward to future issues. Congratulations and good luck! NNH
nonamehorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #60
OUTLAND MOTO OP
And then suddenly....

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamehorse View Post
Downloaded last night! Nice job, looking forward to future issues. Congratulations and good luck! NNH
Thanks, nonnamehorse!! We'll keep 'em comin!! Next issue is March 31st!