ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #9256
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,745
I still love my DRZ. There's not a better backroads explorer, I don't think. Hell, I might let it sleep in the house tonight.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #9257
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by workman View Post
Nice planed out ride Cuz!!!! Lets do it again Barry and Josh Keep the muddy side down
Way to come in there Cuz! Glad to see you found your computer's power button long enough to say whats up. Tell Slopez he missed a good ride!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #9258
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
Psychem, Threadkiller and I rode out of Erin this morning. By the time we returned to the Piggly Wiggly parking lot, we had clocked on right at 140 miles. Some gravel, some pavement, some great new pavement - good riding and lots of new-to-me roads.

The only problem I have is that my rear tire is pretty much toast and down to the wear bars. I was riding on a slick all day long except when I was laid over in the turns. Sorry about me not checking my routes after the supposed upload. For winging the whole day's ride, I'd say we stayed on a fair amount of gravel.
A third of the roads we were on didn't show up on my GPS. I'd say you did GREAT!
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #9259
workman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
Way to come in there Cuz! Glad to see you found your computer's power button long enough to say whats up. Tell Slopez he missed a good ride!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
Yeap been signed up here sence 2007 back when we had to write post by hand and takem to the mailbox. yeap 13 post in 6 years!!!!!! Till today i got me one of them there computer boxes. They should have came out with these sooner. As soon as i figure out how to post a pick of it i will show it to yall.
workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #9260
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by workman View Post
Yeap been signed up here sence 2007 back when we had to write post by hand and takem to the mailbox. yeap 13 post in 6 years!!!!!! Till today i got me one of them there computer boxes. They should have came out with these sooner. As soon as i figure out how to post a pick of it i will show it to yall.
Slow down now, we dont want you to learn too much in one day!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #9261
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 1,975
PyschoChem, ever find your credit card???
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #9262
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Yeah I left it on my desk last night when I got pizza and never put it back in my wallet....Thanks a ton for spotting me breakfast SandalScout I totally will pay you back with interest next time we meet up to ride (hopefully soon). Anyway ride today was great! The gravel we did was great times and the few on road sections were lots of fun because I don't think any of it had a longer straightaway than 1/10th of a mile! We really weren't even on the road much until after lunch and Randy found out that there was no gravel to the East...I am plugging in my camera/GPS recordings now. I'll post up vids of the ride soon, I am displaying them in a new way so its going to take longer than usual but its going to be very worth it.

EDIT:

Alright guys here is the video link. I highly advise you watch it in max HD and fullscreen if you want to see the GPS tracking data.
http://youtu.be/ZXEemXUroyg
It's a new attempt to add a cool feature of the camera into my videos but the way I had to do it was a little complicated so it hurt the video quality some. I think if I use my desktop next time instead of my laptop and adjust my camera settings it'll actually look much better next time I try it. Opinions?
Also thank Threadkiller who gave me some epoxy putty that made this fix possible.

PsychoChem screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 06:42 AM
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #9263
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Yeah I left it on my desk last night when I got pizza and never put it back in my wallet....Thanks a ton for spotting me breakfast SandalScout I totally will pay you back with interest next time we meet up to ride (hopefully soon).
No worries man, I failed to see your name in Randy's post earlier, so I wasn't sure if you made it out to ride with them.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #9264
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Quote:
Alright guys here is the video link. I highly advise you watch it in max HD and fullscreen if you want to see the GPS tracking data.
That overlay is really freaking cool!

That road in the very beginning of the video was dirt/gravel in December. There was some fresh pavement a few miles from there, but they are getting pretty aggressive with the pavers over there right now.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #9265
ducnek
Misadventurer

Oddometer: 982
Fantastic ride at LBL Sat. Wallachian got some video hopefully he can post some here. Good high speed gravel, twisties, mud, ruts, goat paths, and a close call with some deer.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #9266
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Yeah I left it on my desk last night when I got pizza and never put it back in my wallet....Thanks a ton for spotting me breakfast SandalScout I totally will pay you back with interest next time we meet up to ride (hopefully soon). Anyway ride today was great! The gravel we did was great times and the few on road sections were lots of fun because I don't think any of it had a longer straightaway than 1/10th of a mile! We really weren't even on the road much until after lunch and Randy found out that there was no gravel to the East...I am plugging in my camera/GPS recordings now. I'll post up vids of the ride soon, I am displaying them in a new way so its going to take longer than usual but its going to be very worth it.

EDIT:

It's a new attempt to add a cool feature of the camera into my videos but the way I had to do it was a little complicated so it hurt the video quality some. I think if I use my desktop next time instead of my laptop and adjust my camera settings it'll actually look much better next time I try it. Opinions?
Also thank Threadkiller who gave me some epoxy putty that made this fix possible.
Thats pretty cool mike.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #9267
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

EDIT:

What are you using to record the GPS data as you ride? I assume you are using a Contour GPS camera instead of a Go Pro? Its a sweet addition to standard videos. ME LIKE IT!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #9268
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Yeah it's the Contour GPS Camera. The only issue they need to fix is the lack of editing software for the videos. They only can do playback with their GPS stuff so to get the video to look like that I am having to screen-cap it as I play it back on my computer.
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #9269
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah it's the Contour GPS Camera. The only issue they need to fix is the lack of editing software for the videos. They only can do playback with their GPS stuff so to get the video to look like that I am having to screen-cap it as I play it back on my computer.
Gotcha
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #9270
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
I had a blast and it was definitely nice to meet other riders(Barry and Josh)! The mud was a little challenging in spots no doubt but thats what makes it fun. Glad to hear you made it home safely. Were you able to catch the ferry? No drops or mechanical issues, awesome roads, and great weather came together for a hell of a day!. Cant wait to do it again soon! I look forward to seeing me on some video.
I didn't mean to sound like I didn't have fun, I had a blast. I wanted to test my new tires off road & I'm thrilled with the result! The KLR is just such a heavy beast that if I make a habit out of riding in mud that feels like I'm on a sheat of glass with a heavy coat of chain lube on my tires, I'll probably fall down & bust my spizerinctum. I suspect that an un-busted spizerinctum is the smarter way to go.

Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJL45JDD8rU

How bout this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpmYzz_GfbU
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote