ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
MItrnsplnt OP
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 658
South Jersey Trails/ST?

So I'm moving to the Atlantic City area from the Flatistan portion of the panhandle of FL....and am wondering what kind of trail systems (if any) ST, trails, or riding areas there are to be had in the general vicinity of South Jersey....I know a lot of the areas were ruined by Hurricane Sandy, and the pine barrens do offer some riding (with a street legal bike that need to be found due to their secrecy), but I was wondering what/where everyone was riding to get their weekly fix. I currently own a 530EXC (street legal) which can do everything, and also a 250EXC which I mainly reserve for ST/MX only. Any friendly suggestions of areas or riding groups would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
2004ej
Happy to be here!

Oddometer: 24
FYI NJ is not very off-road friendly, the state is trying to open off-road parks because they are putting a tight grip on illegal off-road riding. There is an off-road park near Woodbine, not sure of the hours. You can do some back woods riding in some state parks, however might be a good idea to find out all the rules and laws before you head out. I am sure you'll get some good info from people on this site, I don't know all the in's and out's. Good luck.
2004ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004ej View Post
FYI NJ is not very off-road friendly, the state is trying to open off-road parks because they are putting a tight grip on illegal off-road riding. There is an off-road park near Woodbine, not sure of the hours. You can do some back woods riding in some state parks, however might be a good idea to find out all the rules and laws before you head out. I am sure you'll get some good info from people on this site, I don't know all the in's and out's. Good luck.
The off-road park in Woodbine is a joke. Heck, the past few days I drove past and the gate was locked, no one around.
Then I looked on their site and they changed the "hours" to: open Fridays through Sundays, weather permitting.

06wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
MItrnsplnt OP
PllnGs tillthey puke

How about nearby, like Northern Delaware or eastern PA, near Philly? Those are somewhat in the general vicinity of southern Jersey.......
Old 02-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
How about nearby, like Northern Delaware or eastern PA, near Philly? Those are somewhat in the general vicinity of southern Jersey.......
I'm not from around there but... That's a pretty heavily populated corridor. Usually not much riding "near" major cities. Other parts of PA where there is mined-out coal country, that's different. Where you're moving to just aint conducive....
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 402
Street legal is the only way to go. The ORV Park in Woodbine is so small you can ride the whole place in five minutes. The motorsports park is trying to open up an orv area. In fact, this Monday they have a public meeting in Millville.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
ktmdirtybiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Lots of riding in snj

Hi and welcome,
The pine barrens are a great place to ride. Not much LEGAL single track but lots of sandy roads. If it has a name it is legal to ride on with a plated bike. Comming from the panhandle you will feel at home with the sand and whoops. Google map the area and you will see all the roads cutting thru the area, if it has a name you can ride it. If you are at work look on a sectional map for warren grove bombing range and do a quick overflight of the area and you will see what I am talking about.
If you want something steeper and rocky and more technical (and cooler in the summer) I ride up in coal country alot when not in the mood for sandy stuff. Your bike doesn't have to be legal but you need to get a permit. (Google reading anthracite permits) Both are good for riding just different types. Send a pm my way if you have any questions or want to ride together. I will have the top end back together by next weekend hopefully.
PS Thanks for your service, the boys in orange winched some guys I know out of a tight spot years ago.
ktmdirtybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
auto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
ride

There's riding to be had.Join a enduro club and they will show you around.
auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Neckrom
What was that!

Oddometer: 117
while the state is pretty evil toward illegal off road riding there is alot of riding to be had and it is a great centralized location to hit PA, NY, MA, you can jump on the tnjt or the tet even right from south central NJ. There are a few motocross tracks in NJ and even more in the region. As others have said if it has a name its legal in NJ and there are quite a fe old forgotten about roads that are alot if fun. In fact I want out of NJ so bad because of so many other reasons but riding is not one of them. I am not big into the enduro scene and may hit a MX track once a year any more but I do go out about every weekend that's nice. Feel free to drop me a pm and we can hook up and talk or show you around. There are also quite a few enduro's and DS rides in the area every year. Just check these boards. You will land on your feet in no time and thanks for your continued service.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #10
MItrnsplnt OP
PllnGs tillthey puke

Awesome information everyone, really appreciate it!! What are some of the local enduro clubs? I've found D6trials.net, which is one (enduro and trials) in eastern PA and northern DE....but still looking for one in SNJ....I'll be getting in touch with some of you when I arrive in town!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Awesome information everyone, really appreciate it!! What are some of the local enduro clubs? I've found D6trials.net, which is one (enduro and trials) in eastern PA and northern DE....but still looking for one in SNJ....I'll be getting in touch with some of you when I arrive in town!

aside from MX racing, most if not all races work through the ECEA... here is a list of clubs

http://www.ecea.org/ecea/index.php?o...d=8&Itemid=146
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
RacerXS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
There is tons of riding down that way, google maps is your friend.....as much as everyone says how much NJ is such a hassle , I have never had one issue in thousands of miles of trail riding in the SJ pine lands. Lots of crazy stories though....
OCCR
--------------------------------
RacerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
elrontx
Outlaw Trail Rider

Oddometer: 647
so the sandy lane enduro on march 17. its a great ride, a few of the guys on this fourm ride it even those like me who rarely ride enduros. youll ride great ST and meet some good people. its in central NJ and they get apx 500 riders.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
The Flyin Hawaiian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Meteor MC is a great club to join! They put on the Sandy Lane Enduro. Now where is some good single track in florida, we are heading down for Bike Week.
The Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
MItrnsplnt OP
PllnGs tillthey puke

I will def have to PM you guys when I get into town and hopefully some of you can show me around! Really looking forward to it!

As for ST in Florida, up by where I am in the Pensacola area, there's a lot to be had, but you (FlyingHawaiian) will be down by Daytona for Bike Week. From what I've heard and know that many people have ridden, there's an enduro/HS that goes on during bike week that goes between Daytona and Ocala (not sure of the exact name). Ocala National Forest which is near Daytona has A LOT of good riding (fire trails, dirt roads, ST, two track).