Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #1306
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
I took the Nomad out today. I did a nice long ride, but it's nice to get off and walk around after a couple of hours.
A nice bike. Arguably a prettier Indian tribute than the current Indian incarnation.

Are they going out of business (again)?
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #1307
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut

Oddometer: 269
Found a blog from a guy that rides. CB 1100 .. Nice reading

http://motorcycleparadise.blogspot.com/
The other Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #1308
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Ferret View Post

Thanks for sharing that. There is a lot of good information there. He has the answers to many of the questions speculated about here. He hits reserve at about 125 miles and figures a practical range of 150 miles.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #1309
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Thanks for sharing that. There is a lot of good information there. He has the answers to many of the questions speculated about here. He hits reserve at about 125 miles and figures a practical range of 150 miles.
That correlates with the Austrailan magazine test posted a few pages back. Two data points now...
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #1310
dpg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Pissed

Went to the local dealer to put money down yesterday. I was willing to pay msrp out the door but they insisted on dealer fees on top of that. They promised me no dealer fees on my last bike (cbr250r) and then when they got it in they insisted that I pay dealer fees. Still being pissed off about them not honoring their word last time (even had it in writing), I walked out on principal alone yesterday. I absolutely can't stand this dealership. I have had so many issues with this dealership and service dept. that I think I may look to fly out of state to buy my bike. How hard is it to know something about the bikes you sell and be attentive to customers?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #1311
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Went to the local dealer to put money down yesterday. I was willing to pay msrp out the door but they insisted on dealer fees on top of that. They promised me no dealer fees on my last bike (cbr250r) and then when they got it in they insisted that I pay dealer fees. Still being pissed off about them not honoring their word last time (even had it in writing), I walked out on principal alone yesterday. I absolutely can't stand this dealership. I have had so many issues with this dealership and service dept. that I think I may look to fly out of state to buy my bike. How hard is it to know something about the bikes you sell and be attentive to customers?
Yeah, don't go back to those clowns. You must be somewhere really out in the sticks if you're thinking about flying out of state to buy a HONDA. I'm in a really sparsely populated state myself, but there are 6 Honda dealers within a 200 mile radius of where I live.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #1312
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
You guys do understand that dealers do get charged shipping fees and they do have to pay someone to setup the bike out of the crate? Asking to waive the dealer fees is asking them to cut into their margins, and you can't show me a motorcycle dealership which isn't hurting right now.

Asking them to waive fees on a brand new model which might have higher then average demand before it even reaches the country is fine, but you really shouldn't be mad if they refuse.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1313
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
You guys do understand that dealers do get charged shipping fees and they do have to pay someone to setup the bike out of the crate? Asking to waive the dealer fees is asking them to cut into their margins, and you can't show me a motorcycle dealership which isn't hurting right now.

Asking them to waive fees on a brand new model which might have higher then average demand before it even reaches the country is fine, but you really shouldn't be mad if they refuse.
I think it was a matter of principal in the case of the above poster. He said they told him they would waive the fees on his CBR250 and they didn't.

I guess it depends on how much they charge for their 'dealer fees.' Some are reasonable, but some are so exorbitant that it just screams 'hidden market adjustment.' I don't mind paying a little bit to cover their costs, but let's face it, some try to go far beyond just covering their costs of setup and paperwork. In the end, it's up to the customer to decide what's reasonable for the dealer to charge.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #1314
furious_blue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
It sounds like having not walked out the first time when the final price on delivery didn't meet the agreed upon price in writing, 'marked' you as an easy target. They took advantage of your desire to have the bike :-( That's a sad way to run a business. My dealer has always been up front with me about what things cost, how much money he has to make on the sale to make it worth it to him with the result that on the day of the delivery there are absolutely no surprises and everyone's happy.
In this instance, I wonder if your dealer's 'offer' is a sign that there actually are people walking into Honda dealerships and putting down money for this bike...
furious_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #1315
furious_blue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:

"What tyres are best on the new CB1100? always a subjective thing tyres. I like the Bridgestone Battlax BT45 I have now fitted. The original Dunlops were vague, but I feel that way about all Dunlops."

Another indication of how times are so different now, than then:
Bridgestone tires are no longer a joke, the days of the 'Bridgerock' are long gone :-)
furious_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #1316
Carter Pewterschmidt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,048
Sat on one and it's small. What happened to big bikes being big? Is motorcycling a short guy sport now?
Carter Pewterschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #1317
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post
Sat on one and it's small. What happened to big bikes being big? Is motorcycling a short guy sport now?
Have read a few stories about the bike where it was said that the bike was originally designed for the Japanese market, so the sizing would make sense if you take that into consideration. I believe the guy who writes the blog referred to a few posts ago bought the taller factory seat available in Japan and says it did the trick for him -- he's 6'0" IIRC. It's flatter so that would give a taller guy the chance to slide back better than the stock seat.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1318
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post

Have you looked at a Goldwing? That thing is huge. It eats Smart cars for breakfast and Scions for lunch. Plenty of big bikes out there. We're in the era of calling 600 lb bikes "midsize" for gosh sakes.
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #1319
M3-SRT8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:

Yes. Thank You for that link.

One thing I'm dying to find out is whether the Endurance Hi-Power Four pipes are compatible with US Emissions. Do they have welded in bungs to accept 02 Sensors? Also, because there is only ONE 02 Sensor on the US Bike, how would it work with a 4-4 pipe setup?
M3-SRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #1320
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
One thing I'm dying to find out is whether the Endurance Hi-Power Four pipes are compatible with US Emissions. Do they have welded in bungs to accept 02 Sensors? Also, because there is only ONE 02 Sensor on the US Bike, how would it work with a 4-4 pipe setup?
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. I believe the stock bike has catalysts and you almost never see a catalyst on an aftermarket system. It appears it is just four straight pipes from intake to the rear mufflers, with no provisions for catalysts or O2 sensors. The ECU would operate open loop.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote