User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
mas335 OP
xendurist

Oddometer: 1,927
Is my brother looking for the impossible?

My brother has been talking about buying a smallish dual sport bike, he currently rides a NX650 which to be honest is too big for him. He has his mind set on something that may not exist, everything I suggest doesn't meet his criteria so I can use some suggestions.

Under $2,000 and closer to $1500.00
preferably Honda
street legal
electric start only
250-350cc
seat height 32" or less
oriented more towards the road, he's really a poser when it comes to off road riding, doesn't like getting his bike dusty!.

I suggested a DR250 or 350se with a lowering kit if they even make one, I think I have been told they do but how much it will drop the bike is unclear. He's vertically challenged and couldn't even sit on my DR350.

Even if the lowering kit would work the biggest issue with the DR350 is that decent electric start DR's run a lot more than his price range and are hard to find.

I also suggested a NX250 which I have owned 4 of, other than the crappy rear shock it would be a good bike for him but again, hard to find in decent shape and in that price range and would require the pricey aftermarket shock with preload adjustments, he's not a light weight.

Any help is appreciated