Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #6736
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Great ride report and photos Tim. Looks like a bucket list ride.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #6737
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
Great ride report and photos Tim. Looks like a bucket list ride.
You need to go with me the next time around. Need to ride the K-Trail as a preride for the Queen Wilhelmena Camping event at some point.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #6738
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,327
Ride to Chester

Today Albie, Marlin and I rode to Chester for lunch and back to Fayetteville. It was a great ride, near perfect weather and great company. Albie called shortly before 10 am (our departure time) and said the clutch on his KTM 690 quit working so he went back to his place to get the DR. No harm done as we finished plenty early and still managed to have a great lunch in Chester and the Chester Cafe.

Our route for today

My stats for the day (I don't think the maximum speed is correct though)

We had a bit of pavement today but the pavement that we were on was sufficiently curvy to make you forget you were scrubbing your tires off.

Winfrey Valley Road

Marlin at the same stop. I caught his best side don't ya think?

There was pavement

And there was gravel

Really nothing special for today but riding Winfrey Valley Road an Bidville (the lower end) always makes for a good time. I've got a couple of videos I want to post as soon as they are loaded and edited.

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 04:41 PM
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #6739
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Really nothing special for today but riding...
Aw contraire, mon Charles: ANY day spent healthy and riding a scoot is a VERY SPECIAL day.

Nice pics. Love that Winfrey Valley area.

V-man
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #6740
Arkmozark
M.C.

Oddometer: 83
Followed Charlie and Albie through the woods. Good ride and company!

Lunch stop at Chester

Photo stop. The only time I saw them in the rear view mirror.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #6741
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Good stuff Charles and Marlin! It sure was a great day to be out and about. I haven't been to the Chester Cafe in a long time. Prolly cause they are not open on Saturdays and some folks have to work during the week. Great photos, thanks for posting! Happiness is seein Charlie and Albie in your rear veiw mirror. LOL
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #6742
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

FINALLY started posting the Colorado Ride Report from last year that I promised!

Not an Arkansas Ride Report... so it's in the "Riding" section. Here's a direct link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post20674068

V-man
Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #6743
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Got out for a few hours yesterday afternoon up into Missouri which I am know to do when I only have an afternoon to kill. The low water bridge at Camp Tilden crossing the Big Sugar is now complete. Looking good if you like a modern looking low water bridge that will last a century.

There is a horse campgrounds called Ponderosa Trails Campground southeast of Pinveville. I did not know what a Coggins was but I looked it up and it is a test for horses. Coggins is not a disease, but rather the test performed for equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV). Most horse owners are more familiar with the term 'Coggins' than the disease it tests for because state regulations require a negative Coggins certificate before a horse can participate in a show or be transported out of state. I saw this sign and had to find out what it meant.

Crossed the old bridge crossing Mikes Creek just before you get to Powell.

Rode on down the Mikes Creek for a ways on my way to Washburn where I got fuel. I switched the fuel tank on my bike back to the stock 2 gallon so fuel stops need to be more frequent now. More water in Mikes Creek than I have seen in a while.

On my way to Washburn on Missouri Uu I came across this. I stopped and turned around and looked down into the ravine below to see if there was a vehicle down there cause I wasn't sure how recent it had taken place. No vehicle, just some saplings sheared off. Looked like a bad accident happened here tho.

Thats all I got from a short Satruday afternoon ride. Later.
Colorado/Moab 2012

OLEARY screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 05:04 PM
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #6744
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,592
Nice report Tim, interesting about the equine test too! Yeah I'd have hated to take the ride down the ditch that that cage did. Bet the pucker factor was way up about then
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #6745
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,327
Thanks for sharing the pictures Tim. Why did you pull the big tank? Going to try more single track?

Hey Mike I think I saw you last last Thursday by Lake Ft Smith. The waitress at Chester said we just missed you.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #6746
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Nice report Tim, interesting about the equine test too! Yeah I'd have hated to take the ride down the ditch that that cage did. Bet the pucker factor was way up about then
Kind of reminded me of back in AberDabber when I left the highway doin about 100 mph with my old mans Olds. Went from one ditch to another until I finally slowed down enough to gain control. Luckily the ditches are much shallower around there. The ditch in the picture dropped about 50 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures Tim. Why did you pull the big tank? Going to try more single track?
Yeh kind of! Since I have two bikes, I thought I would make one more of a trail bike and the other the adventure bike. Since that one has the suspension modified by Go Race and the Scotts steering dampener I thought it made more sense to make that one the trail bike. I really need a little bigger tank tho like a 3 gal IMS tank.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #6747
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post

Hey Mike I think I saw you last last Thursday by Lake Ft Smith. The waitress at Chester said we just missed you.
Hi Charlie, yeah I thought that was you and Albie wasn't sure who the third guy was. I see in your excellent ride report and pic's that it was Marlin. I was kind of disappointed in the chow at Chester, guess Grandmas has me spoiled. Was good to get the WR out and ride again too.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #6748
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Kind of reminded me of back in AberDabber when I left the highway doin about 100 mph with my old mans Olds. Went from one ditch to another until I finally slowed down enough to gain control. Luckily the ditches are much shallower around there. The ditch in the picture dropped about 50 feet.
Whoa, didn't know about that one. But then back then we were all 10' tall and bullet proof right!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #6749
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Nice pics n' ride reportin' OLEARY!!

I too, wouldn't mind the 3.1 tank that retains all the OEM plastic... but so far my stock tank hasn't been an issue. However, I'm gettin' a hankerin' to start learning the trails down around Talimena State Park... so a 3.1 would be a nice thing, me thinks?

V-man
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #6750
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post

I see a lot of those kind of road "signs" as a UPS guy. They're always fascinating and a good reminder that driving is pretty dangerous. Good on you for checking to see if the vehicle was down there.