Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post

When driving the cage and if some want to filter, I don't have a problem with that, I'll let you by no problems if you show some consideration, otherwise I'll do my best to block you.

Why would anybody intentionally block anyone, whether they are showing consideration or not?

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
B.C.Biker
mighty fine

Oddometer: 614
Thanks for the good news. Be renewing my membership for sure.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker View Post
Why would anybody intentionally block anyone, whether they are showing consideration or not?

Ride or drive like an ass and good chance you'll be staying behind me for a while and maybe cool off. Sure I'll let you by eventually, better things to do than play street games or road rage. Someone I should have blocked better almost killed me and others last year. I just wasn't fast enough that early in the morning.More than one car involved in that and none of us should have let him by.

Yes also blocked a whole bunch of traffic a couple years back to play buffer to a drunk or drugged up driver. Good thing I did she hit the curb and just about flipped that Jeep.By the time I could safely pass her and really block her as in stopped there she turned left into oncoming traffic and.....disappeared. Calculated risks to take sometimes.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamalama View Post
Perhaps i am mistaken.
Dunno.
This is what the flag person told me, while stopped between Nelson and Ainsworth, last summer.
Debra??? ..... Shit now I am gonna have to ask her....

She'd sure let a motorcyclist go first.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Mercenary
Mindless Savage

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Ride or drive like an ass and good chance you'll be staying behind me for a while and maybe cool off. Sure I'll let you by eventually, better things to do than play street games or road rage.
Man...you're playing a dangerous game there my friend. Block off the wrong person...even here in tame ol Canada and you'll be eating the grill of some jacked up Dodge....

Intentionally keeping someone BEHIND you won't 'Cool them off'....
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #21
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,934
Quote:
Ride or drive like an ass and good chance you'll be staying behind me for a while and maybe cool off. Sure I'll let you by eventually, better things to do than play street games or road rage.
Blocking someone just because in your opinion they're riding/driving like an ass is road rage. See the hypocrasy in the quote above?

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,545
Quote:
Ride or drive like an ass and good chance you'll be staying behind me for a while and maybe cool off. Sure I'll let you by eventually, better things to do than play street games or road rage. Someone I should have blocked better almost killed me and others last year. I just wasn't fast enough that early in the morning.More than one car involved in that and none of us should have let him by.

Yes also blocked a whole bunch of traffic a couple years back to play buffer to a drunk or drugged up driver. Good thing I did she hit the curb and just about flipped that Jeep.By the time I could safely pass her and really block her as in stopped there she turned left into oncoming traffic and.....disappeared. Calculated risks to take sometimes.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, this is just a case of internet-forum bravado, maybe helped along with a couple glasses of wine. This kinda game you say you play is not wise, and will get you in a big pile of trouble if you ever do it to the wrong person. And sir, let me tell you,,,,,there are some snakey ass wachos out there.
Maybe it's best you live out in the boonies. Try that kinda stuff down here in the big smoke, you'll end up getting a gang member pissed who's packin',,,,,,,,
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #23
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

You guys are reading way to effing much in what I am saying, but that's the net for you and I don't even drink altough I may have had a shot of Whiskey last night.

How about the guy I did not let pass in our local hot spring road in winter conditions? He was sort of raging behind me or certainly looking impatient getting there to "relax" in the pools.There ain't no safe passing zones there in the winter. Good thing I blocked him a little, he would have hit them rocks on the road passing me there. In case he didn't know, no shoulders there for me to even pull over a little. As it was he barely managed to avoid the rocks.Big mean looking East Indian guy, never know maybe a gang member but sure looked sheepish when we got there.....

Never mind the boonies, I drive everywhere and hardly a scratch on anything in all that time, whatever game you guys seem to think I may be playing, whatever you think is just that.

And I did say I'll let you by, just hang on a sec until it is safe for me and the other drivers, they may not have noticed the danger coming from behind.

Road rage me.....I'll even pull over and find something else to do for a few minutes when I feel there are too many impatient drivers around me.Trading for a different bunch sometimes but seems to help in the lower mainland. A few days over there, glad to be back in the boonies but thinking of heading south to check some of them dangerous Mexican roads, been a while got to renew my dangerous driving practices.

And....watch out when passing on HWY 6 and 23 effing big potholes everywhere, don't want to hit that when passing and as usual I don't think they'll fix them early. Maybe some local you may be thinking of passing will see them ahead of you and let you know somehow.That and road kill, also very slippery and thanks to a local last year who "sort of" blocked me I avoided passing there and hitting that at speed.

BTW,we are getting tired of seeing smashed bikes this way.For some reason most of them don't seem to show up in the ICBS stats. Some of that just came up again in the local papers.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
oldtrout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Firstly, thank you Adele and the great work you and BCCOM are doing to advance our issues to the politico's in Victoria. Much appreciated.

These two issues are important to everyday riders, but I do not think they should be the basis of a total focus of the BCCOM.

What gets me burned is the ICBC rip off of basic liability coverage (minimum plus....) for whatever you may ride. To pay over a grand for yearly coverage in a Canadian province with so called free medical, etc. etc. is criminal.

I will insure the comprehensive/ theft and whatever through the private companies (we know whom) and glady pay on an open market. But to get screwed on the basic riles me beyond end.

Who am I going to maim for life riding my bike where it equates to 1100 bucks for LIABILITY per anim in case I hit granny at the intersection ?????

Good old Vancouver allows whang fung electric scooters to blast down the SIDEWALK and park for free, but nada parking if I decide to ride in to work on a sunny Friday. (I take transit into the core from Tssawwasen. Every day.). They were towing from the hidy-holes last summer . Getting hit by a scooter or a KTM / GSA/ Boss Hoss will hurt just as bad.

A reduction of our basic rates should be the primary focus of BCCOM and I hope my fellow inmates agree. Although I would love to filter.....In 100 Mile.

Sorry if I am off topic from the original theme here, but need to vent.

Cheers, Logan

Ps... 24 hrs. From vacation ... Minor PUI but you get my drift. Love you guys.

oldtrout screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 10:15 PM Reason: Update
oldtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,545
[QUOTE=oldtrout;20623493]

What gets me burned is the ICBC rip off of basic liability coverage (minimum plus....) for whatever you may ride. To pay over a grand for yearly coverage in a Canadian province with so called free medical, etc. etc. is criminal.

Cheers, Logan

Ah,,,,,there's your first mistake. Free medical?? Nothing is free my friend. Either we get taxed for it, we get somebody else to pay for it, or we get future generations to pay for it [through debt]. At this point, I have no kids, and have no desire to pay any more taxes, so I say run the debt up to the sky, don't give a shite,,,,,
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #26
oldtrout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Howdy Steve ! I knew you would jump in

What I am saying is that in the overall $$$ that the provincial govt. shells out, why ding the biker in case of an accident on the off chance you or I hit a pedestrian vis a vis liability ?.

I know it goes into the big ICBC pot, but why am I (or you) paying the same as Mrs. GLK Mercedes in Richmond (wink) as if I am riding the pig in Skookumchuk.

It's all numbers for ICBC. We bikers are the "victims" so statistically wise we are a greater risk because we get the hospital bills if a crash. This equates to higher basic premiums in ICBC speak.

Yes, if I slam into said GLK or Bentley in error it will cost the people's insurance corp. funds, but it is the personal injury liability that I thought what we are paying for.

We as a group need to hold the Provo's feet to the fire, and get a reduction in rates.

Shit, it works for the other vocal malcontents, why not us ??

Hope to see you on the road this summer amigo.
Logan
Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #27
yamalama
wet coaster

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Debra??? ..... Shit now I am gonna have to ask her....

She'd sure let a motorcyclist go first.
It was a woman, dark hair and a pleasant attitude.
Actually the fellow doing the flagging going the other direction was pleasant as well.
No pleasant ones in the lower mainland.
I don't blame them for being unpleasant, with the idiot lack-of-driving skills here.
yamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #28
bccom OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrout View Post
Firstly, thank you Adele and the great work you and BCCOM are doing to advance our issues to the politico's in Victoria. Much appreciated.

These two issues are important to everyday riders, but I do not think they should be the basis of a total focus of the BCCOM.

I will insure the comprehensive/ theft and whatever through the private companies (we know whom) and glady pay on an open market. But to get screwed on the basic riles me beyond end.

Who am I going to maim for life riding my bike where it equates to 1100 bucks for LIABILITY per anim in case I hit granny at the intersection ?????

Good old Vancouver allows whang fung electric scooters to blast down the SIDEWALK and park for free, but nada parking if I decide to ride in to work on a sunny Friday. (I take transit into the core from Tssawwasen. Every day.). They were towing from the hidy-holes last summer . Getting hit by a scooter or a KTM / GSA/ Boss Hoss will hurt just as bad.

A reduction of our basic rates should be the primary focus of BCCOM and I hope my fellow inmates agree. Although I would love to filter.....In 100 Mile.

Sorry if I am off topic from the original theme here, but need to vent.

Cheers, Logan

Ps... 24 hrs. From vacation ... Minor PUI but you get my drift. Love you guys.
BCCOM's direction is determined by membership. In the early 90's BCCOM hired an actuarial which resulted in two consecutive rollbacks in motorcycle insurance which were the first in ICBC history.
bccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #29
BringSparesAlong
Pist N Broke

Oddometer: 63
I love the idea of transferable plates, it will force me to finish up some of the project bikes that I've got on the go.
As far as filtering goes, I think it's a get idea and a lot safer for us if done in a sane manner. The big concern is the squids and " loud pipes save lives" bozo's blasting past stopped cages at high speed.A public education blitz would be helpful.
Good luck with everything and here's hoping for the best.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #30
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
As others have said, thanks, Adele and BCCOM for the efforts.

I'm a fan of both initiatives but I think the lane filtering option is going to have to come with a rather large public awareness campaign to be successful. Of course, there needs to be funds for that, and I'd be surprised if ICBC and/or the government is going to pitch in. I suppose I can ride with my pre-printed flyers and hand them to each jerk that opens their door in my path.

Any awareness is good, but I'd hate to see it come from the news programs covering a story of a motorcyclist's injury/death because some jackass got his/her panties in a bunch.

It is frustrating though as a motorcyclist when it's seen in use in civilized societies around the world rather successfully.

Best of luck.

C
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote