ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #241
dopra
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dopra's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Poznan, Poland
Oddometer: 197
Do You have battery for DR650SE? how much will be, and shipping costs to Poland?
__________________
dopra bike and ride - thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855584
dopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #242
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,193
EarthX. A Colorado company. very nice?

Question, how do those electronic boards hold up inside there under vibration and such? Love the idea you can use a normal charger?
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #243
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
EarthX. A Colorado company. very nice?

Question, how do those electronic boards hold up inside there under vibration and such? Love the idea you can use a normal charger?
They hold up very well. I've had 0 warranty returns that I know of.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #244
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopra View Post
Do You have battery for DR650SE? how much will be, and shipping costs to Poland?
Hi, sorry due to the new postal regulations I can't ship overseas right now. Just too much of a hassle and expense.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #245
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Order sent.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #246
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob
 
brianjonesphoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Brier Patch, WA
Oddometer: 1,543
I think it's about time for a new battery in my dr350 with estart. I've read thru this tread and I think the 4 cell 2.3 will work for me but I have a couple questions.

I don't often ride under 35 degrees but I Do see temps in the 40s regularly. Should I think about a larger battery to deal with this?

On longer multiday backcountry trips I will plug my phone in to charge every few days overnight.(I know I could do it while riding,but I don't like not having my phone on my body while riding) Being that these batteries are starting batteries will this small load cause any issues?

I'm trying to loose weight as well as free up some space in the battery box for a spare rear tube. So the flat 4 cell is appealing but is there any reason to go with the plastic cases square one instead?

Thanks.


Typos and nonsensical words courtesy of fat fingers on a make believe keyboard.
__________________
Brian
Mine: 07 DL650 ABS, 99 DR350SEx, 05 Montesa 4RT Her's: 02 KL250 Super Sherpa

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #247
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjonesphoto View Post
I think it's about time for a new battery in my dr350 with estart. I've read thru this tread and I think the 4 cell 2.3 will work for me but I have a couple questions.

I don't often ride under 35 degrees but I Do see temps in the 40s regularly. Should I think about a larger battery to deal with this?

On longer multiday backcountry trips I will plug my phone in to charge every few days overnight.(I know I could do it while riding,but I don't like not having my phone on my body while riding) Being that these batteries are starting batteries will this small load cause any issues?

I'm trying to loose weight as well as free up some space in the battery box for a spare rear tube. So the flat 4 cell is appealing but is there any reason to go with the plastic cases square one instead?

Thanks.


Typos and nonsensical words courtesy of fat fingers on a make believe keyboard.
If you ride the bike on really long trips I would go with a battery with more capacity. The 4 cells are for day rides and perfect for bikes with kick starts. Does your bike have a kick?

Currently out of the 4 Cell 2.3 but have the square 4 cells. The best battery for your bike would be the ETX12A

12 Amp hours and strong starts compared to 2.3 Amp hours. You won't have to worry about it.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #248
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
They hold up very well. I've had 0 warranty returns that I know of.
thanks. glad to hear. i'm really impressed with this battery.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #249
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob
 
brianjonesphoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Brier Patch, WA
Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
If you ride the bike on really long trips I would go with a battery with more capacity. The 4 cells are for day rides and perfect for bikes with kick starts. Does your bike have a kick?

Currently out of the 4 Cell 2.3 but have the square 4 cells. The best battery for your bike would be the ETX12A

12 Amp hours and strong starts compared to 2.3 Amp hours. You won't have to worry about it.
I do have a kicker too if hat makes a difference.
__________________
Brian
Mine: 07 DL650 ABS, 99 DR350SEx, 05 Montesa 4RT Her's: 02 KL250 Super Sherpa

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #250
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjonesphoto View Post
I do have a kicker too if hat makes a difference.

Just means you can take a few more chances and not worry about accidentally getting stranded.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #251
SCsurfer
surfing explorer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Clemente
Oddometer: 170
Looks like the ETX12B is the direct replacment for my 640 Adventure. I do multi day trips running heated grips, GPS, cell phone, and aux LED lights. Would the ETX18B be a better fit ?
__________________
'07 640 Adventure
SCsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #252
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCsurfer View Post
Looks like the ETX12B is the direct replacment for my 640 Adventure. I do multi day trips running heated grips, GPS, cell phone, and aux LED lights. Would the ETX18B be a better fit ?

I always recommend going up a size. The weight difference is almost nil. The extra Amp hours can really make a difference.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #253
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
And just like that, the battery is received. Awesome service! Thanks!!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #254
GordonFreeman
Gamer
 
GordonFreeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 1,407
What's the biggest model I can fit into a KTM 530 2010? Thanks.
GordonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #255
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man
 
herrhelmet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: USA West
Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
What's the biggest model I can fit into a KTM 530 2010? Thanks.
ETX12A is the drop in. Plenty of reserve power.
__________________
"Your bike is too heavy" www.motolithium.com TWITTER
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014