User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
I wished the aerostitch had an option for putting in a mesh lining, that would be a great help in the heat by letting air circulate more freely rather than the material just laying on the skin. I suppose I could wear a set of tights under it
Look into LD Comfort. I wear their long sleeve shirt and long pants under my goretex Klim pants all year round. They make riding in 110 plus temps tolerable.

Ldcomfort.com
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
IMHO, Gunny, Aerostitch makes great stuff, but comparing the 'Stitch's crash protection to motoport, the 'Stitch finishes second. The big knock on motoport is that it is ugly. As a retired Chief, I know you care a lot of how pretty you look!

Seriously, take a hard look at motoport's air mesh kevlar, which I think is great for humid weather. Motoport's stretch kevlar is a fantastic material, as well, and it is easier to wear than the mesh. The mesh is tough, and it feels a little like chain mail, but it vents better than anything on the market because the whole outfit is mesh. The stretch is a little softer, and it really is stretchy. By the way, motoport makes a sport glove from the stretch material, too. I highly recommend buying a pair, and then never worrying about buying another pair of gloves. They don't wear out, water doesn't bother them.

I know Wayne (motoport's owner) has taken some knocks on the customer service front from a handful of fellers on here. I have had several dealings with him now, and I am a very happy customer.

If you have any questions, shoot me a pm. I'll send you my phone number; I'd be happy to tell you over the phone why I am so satisfied with motoport.

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #18
Satanic Versys
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Go Gunny!

Don't care what you ride or wear. I thank you for your service!
Satanic Versys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #19
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,363
My 20 yr old 2-pc Roadcrafter still wears well and performs flawlessly, but some of the more modern stuff sure is attractive when I think of replacements.

I haven't shopped in a long while for any kind of gear. Is there an American company that produces top of the line riding boots? I didn't see anyone mention boots, but I wear Aerostich CBT's. They are made by Sidi (Italian) specifically for Andy and company and wear well.

Best of luck in the search, and Semper Fi, Gunny.

basketcase, aka, Rick in AL
USMC 1972-76
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
gunny_usmc OP
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 396
actually, motoport, as fugly as it is was in my top two, my only issue is I really don't want to have to stop to put in a rain liner or rain pants so the 'stitch is what I'm getting. I was on revzillas web site and they have a nice pair of, I guess you could call them pants, not sure, anyways they are designed for wearing under gear and have built in air channels and are made from a wicking material so I figure I'll just wear shorts and those under the dariens., might look funny stepping out of the dariens but, like I tell the hardley riders, I'd rather sweat than bleed any day and new pants are cheaper than skin grafts.
1978 RD 400
" I'm flat out like a lizard drinking "
gunny_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,254
Rain liners....you do not have to zip them in.....or, order them larger and slip them over the gear.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
568V8
Ontario Vstrommer

Oddometer: 172
Aerostich

I believe that Aerostich still offers a discount for placing in-store orders.
So you could probably ride to the store in Duluth, get custom measured to guarantee the best fit, and save enough money to pay for the gas to get there. The more you spend the more you save. All the gear that I have purchased from them is first class. I'm very happy with my RC suit because in the store I was able to try on many sizes and I was properly measured, therefor it fits me well.
568V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #23
gunny_usmc OP
Semper Fi

well after tossing back and forth between motoport and Aerostitch for a few weeks, I went with the Aerostitch Dariens, they fit the need on all fronts, American made, waterproof without needing a liner, full length leg zips , fit great and they come in a color other than black. So far the only thing I notice is the knee armor gets really stiff when it's cold out { cold like riding to work when it's a balmy 10 degrees out} Warm they are very conforming and soft.

Just wanted to thank all who gave informed advice. I got them in gray.
1978 RD 400
Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Versys View Post
Don't care what you ride or wear. I thank you for your service!
Dido- Semper FI
Coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #25
gunny_usmc OP
Semper Fi

thanks guys, no need to thank me, I just did what I felt was right for me, give the support to those that still wear the tree suit, I'm just an old retired grunt that likes to ride around this great nation, meeting the people that make this a great country.
1978 RD 400