Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #1126
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post

The other thing we do at Indy is make a reservation at a restaurant close by for 5:00 or so, that way we can eat real food for about the same price as a hotdog and drink and be done eating with plenty of time to get back to the stadium. From about 4:30 till 6:30 there is nothing going on to miss. I don't know if that would work in Dallas or not.
Dallas is terrible for this, if you're not in the parking lot before 6 you're going to park wayyy out, or more likely in overflow parking over by the Ballpark (baseball stadium).

The pits are outside the stadium a little ways but looking at the weather forecast it should be fairly pleasant this year, last couple of years it's been a cold blustery day outside on race day. We usually just catch a late lunch somewhere before going in and either skip dinner or eat late.

So basically you're just stuck wandering around inside for almost 2 hours with nothing going on. But once it starts it always seems well worth the wait!

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #1127
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Nice troll Flug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
It gets a bit old though,don't you think?

Seems about 55 years old.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #1128
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Guys like Aldon Baker come into play outdoors where real racing takes place in 100 degree plus temps,running two 30 minute motos.
Kenny Roberts,Scotty and Jay Springsteen could never perform like Blake Baggett did last year at Redbud.Its like comparing apples to roast beef.Springer never trained,hence the famous"Smokes and Cokes" quote.Baker deserves props,but guys like Dungey developed they're own regime,while Milsaps credits Yogi Lusk.No disrespect to either Springer or Roberts.
Gotta agree with you pbarmy. In supercross, a trainer probably won't pay big dividens. But outdoors, twenty minutes into the second moto, in 95 degree heat with 80% humidity, having a good trainer who understands endurace atheletes and what it takes to get the most out of them, would be an asset.

Jeremy McGrath never started winning races and championships outdoors until he brought Gary Semics onboard to train him.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #1129
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Guys like Aldon Baker come into play outdoors where real racing takes place in 100 degree plus temps,running two 30 minute motos.
Kenny Roberts,Scotty and Jay Springsteen could never perform like Blake Baggett did last year at Redbud.Its like comparing apples to roast beef.Springer never trained,hence the famous"Smokes and Cokes" quote.Baker deserves props,but guys like Dungey developed they're own regime,while Milsaps credits Yogi Lusk.No disrespect to either Springer or Roberts.
Kenny roberts was also a multi talented rider that won on the dirt and road racing...Didnt look too out of shape either.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #1130
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
While I agree with most of what you've said, I have to disagree that the personal trainer is only as important as the suspension guy or a tire changer.

A personal trainer deals with a lot of mental issues like motivation and attitude, both of which are needed to properly train and race. A trainer also deals with stuff from sleep to food, how hard to train, and how much rest between training and races.
I'm pretty sure Dungey doesn't have a personal trainer of any sort. He may just have a nutritionist helping him with his diet. I know he didn't while he was riding for Suzuki because "he didn't need anyone telling him to stay in shape." That may have changed now that hes with KTM. If your motivated to win you don't need someone telling you to work out. A little research will let you find the right way to train and which muscle groups for what you're doing. Most people just have a hard time getting off their lazy ass to exercise 6 hours a day (like me).

I don't think the layout was to blame for the poor passing. Like all of the riders were saying it was slick under the top layer of dirt. It really forced them to find a few different ways to pass though. I'm amazed the track workers can keep the right moisture in the track at all for grip. Its stacked right on top of concrete so its either wet and muddy or dries out quick since there's no real base to hold moisture. Its nice to see the track conditions changed up once and a while anyway. Besides that every track is going to be mostly one lined... they all choose the fastest one.

Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1131
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
The other thing we do at Indy is make a reservation at a restaurant close by for 5:00 or so, that way we can eat real food for about the same price as a hotdog and drink and be done eating with plenty of time to get back to the stadium. From about 4:30 till 6:30 there is nothing going on to miss. I don't know if that would work in Dallas or not.

At Oakland for the last couple of years that SX has been there, if you leave the stadium after 5 p.m. you don't get back in whether you have a ticket stub and hand stamp or not. Period. But then again it is Al Davis' stadium and I'm sure he just wanted to force fans to buy stadium food. Don't know how thw other stadiums do it.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #1132
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,187
Just take an extra hundred and eat expensive food and drink $10 margaritas. You're on vacation fr crisakes.

You can slip back into economy mode when you are watching it on tv and eating frozen pizza.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #1133
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 17,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Assuming he was trying Blake Baggett wouldn't make one lap on a TZ750 dirt tracker before he ended up on his ass.

It would be awesome to see one of the scrawny kids hold on to some of the shit the men used to ride.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #1134
oilfieldtrash
I don't wanna be a noob

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
It would be awesome to see one of the scrawny kids hold on to some of the shit the men used to ride.
Love how old guys can never get over "the way it used to be". Pathetic!

I'm neither young nor old, 36, which bridges the gap fairly well. Today's athletes are absolutely amazing and would most likely dominate any generation in any sport. You may not like it, I may not like it (I'm actually indifferent, but I am in touch with reality), but it's just the way it is so get over it.

Oh and BTW, to the baby boomers (AKA the me generation) whose narcissism not only shines through in silly threads like this where you claim you guys used to be better at everything, I want to thank you for leaving the economy in shambles, the likes of which myself and my kids will pay for our entire lives. It truly is all about YOU isn't it!

Let's get the thread back on track and those who believe today's riders suck can start a thread about how good they are, how good they used to be, and how nobody will ever be as good as them.

oilfieldtrash screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 09:00 AM
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #1135
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Wow. Apparently they still have Monday mornings in Oklahoma.

I'm off now. I don't have anything to do with the economy, except as a consumer, so I'm going to go do all the damage to the environment that I can today. It's the little things, but I want to make sure people remember that I was here.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #1136
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post

I'm neither young nor old, 36, which bridges the gap fairly well. Today's athletes are absolutely amazing and would most likely dominate any generation in any sport. You may not like it, I may not like it (I'm actually indifferent, but I am in touch with reality), but it's just the way it is so get over it.

Oh and BTW, to the baby boomers (AKA the me generation) whose narcissism not only shines through in silly threads like this where you claim you guys used to be better at everything, I want to thank you for leaving the economy in shambles, the likes of which myself and my kids will pay for our entire lives. It truly is all about YOU isn't it!

Let's get the thread back on track and those who believe today's riders suck can start a thread about how good they are, how good they used to be, and how nobody will ever be as good as them.
Well, you nailed that one.
Only thing I will add is that we rise to the level of the competition, always. Or you are an also ran. That goes for all generations, those at the top of their generation would for the most part be close to the top of whatever generation they found themselves in. And you learn to ride whatever it is that is being ridden at the time.

Be sure that when those comments about about how the current crop couldn't ride those evil machines we used to ride or them old guys couldn't hold a candle to the talent now riding are merely trolling. Just ignore that crap.

I'm also neither young or old, however my youngest son is older than you.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #1137
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio

Oddometer: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
oh jesus please start your own thread. your generations training regimen involved drinking "light" beer the night before, followed by coffee and cig before the race. do us a favor and borrow someones new 450 and lets see you hang on to it. there mind boggling fast......so fast i believe no more power is needed in supercross
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #1138
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Good one mr. oilfieldtrash...

I'm in the leading edge of the Me generation. I went to war, college, had a career, put my kids through college and paid the max tax rate while I was doing it. I don't think it was us that did in the economy. I think it was a bunch of 40 year-old MBA's raping and pillaging on Wall Street. I believe they call it revenue sharing

But I know one thing for sure; my 1980 Yamaha YZ 125G was the best dang motocrosser ever made. ...and the only real man was called the Hurricane!

I wish I could've hung onto that YZ a little better, though.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #1139
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,119
Quote:
It truly is all about YOU isn't it!
she stripped her rancid poncho, and laid out naked by the door.

we did it till we were unconcho. and it was useless anymore.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #1140
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 17,052
Quote:

Wound a little tight, are you?

Must be a backmarker800 fan.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote