ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #301
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Bikes that are geared low with a high redline are a huge giggle to wind out on a nice road.

It also helps them to feel faster than they really are, particularly if they have a light flywheel.

Different strokes for different folks.
I agree.

Experienced riders will probably rev the hell out of the 500. I would, but I'd like to see how quickly it spins too.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #302
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstehbens View Post
Honda Australia has announced pricing - http://www.bikesales.com.au/news/roa...-pricing-34961

Cbr 6990 (7490 abs)
Cbf 7290 (abs standard)
Cbx 7490 (abs standard)

Playing those abs tricks again with the cbr... Why not have abs standard?
It probably depends on what the market wants. In the Netherlands Honda has ABS standard on pretty much every new bike they are offering.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #303
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
It probably depends on what the market wants. In the Netherlands Honda has ABS standard on pretty much every new bike they are offering.
Same in the UK. In fact isn't it going to be compulsory on all bikes by 2017?
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #304
Bugz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
Same in the UK. In fact isn't it going to be compulsory on all bikes by 2017?
I think so yeah, although the exact regulations for them havn't been made yet.

Last thing I know is that they are looking how to exclude offroad bikes and stuff from the mandatory ABS, which is a big + if you ask me.
Bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #305
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstehbens View Post
Playing those abs tricks again with the cbr... Why not have abs standard?
In the US, pricing is

CBF 4999 , ABS $500 option
CBR 5499, ABS $500 option
CBX TBD, ABS $500 option

It flies in the face of their NC700X pricing here, which is only available with a manual trans and no ABS for $6999 or with DCT and ABS for $8999. We don't get the NC700S or the scooter version.

FWIW, ABS is a $500 option on the CBR250R as well. Honda has really led the way with ABS options on smaller bikes here.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #306
p0diabl0
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
In the US, pricing is

CBF 4999 , ABS $500 option
CBR 5499, ABS $500 option
CBX TBD, ABS $500 option

It flies in the face of their NC700X pricing here, which is only available with a manual trans and no ABS for $6999 or with DCT and ABS for $8999. We don't get the NC700S or the scooter version.

FWIW, ABS is a $500 option on the CBR250R as well. Honda has really led the way with ABS options on smaller bikes here.
On the 2013 700 Honda raised the base price $500 and lowered the ABS/DCT price $500 so that it's now $7,499/$8,499 and a bit more in line.
p0diabl0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #307
=retread=
more MPG
 
=retread='s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: to far north
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
In the US, pricing is

CBF 4999 , ABS $500 option
CBR 5499, ABS $500 option
CBX TBD, ABS $500 option

It flies in the face of their NC700X pricing here, which is only available with a manual trans and no ABS for $6999 or with DCT and ABS for $8999. We don't get the NC700S or the scooter version.

FWIW, ABS is a $500 option on the CBR250R as well. Honda has really led the way with ABS options on smaller bikes here.
all ive seen is cb-f 5499. , cb-r 5999. , cb-x tbd .
=retread= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #308
mr openroad
Target Fixated
 
mr openroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 4,083
why is it taking Honda so long to decide the price on the X ? I would think it would be the same as the R.
mr openroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #309
fragile_this_side_up
Studly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 950
Thats about what I am hoping. Quite strange though.
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #310
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded
 
Dranrab Luap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Oddometer: 29,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr openroad View Post
why is it taking Honda so long to decide the price on the X ? I would think it would be the same as the R.
That is a bit of a mystery. They may be gauging public interest and response to help them decide. If it has parts the other two don't, then they may have to charge more. It does have a longer travel suspension. I am very anxious to see what kind of real world economy these bikes get.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #311
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
That is a bit of a mystery. They may be gauging public interest and response to help them decide. If it has parts the other two don't, then they may have to charge more. It does have a longer travel suspension. I am very anxious to see what kind of real world economy these bikes get.
I think the tank on the X is bigger too, but I could be wrong. If it gets close to the 76mpg (imperial) that Honda claim, then I guess we're looking at a 250-275 mile tank range, maybe a bit more. For half what it costs to fill something like an 1150GSA for about the same mileage.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #312
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
I think the tank on the X is bigger too, but I could be wrong. If it gets close to the 76mpg (imperial) that Honda claim, then I guess we're looking at a 250-275 mile tank range, maybe a bit more. For half what it costs to fill something like an 1150GSA for about the same mileage.
The 500X has a 4.5 gallon (US) tank. The 700X has a 3.7 gallon (US) tank. That is 21% more fuel capacity for the 500X.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #313
YJake
Roaming
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: West Panhandle, FL
Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
The 500X has a 4.5 gallon (US) tank. The 700X has a 3.7 gallon (US) tank. That is 21% more fuel capacity for the 500X.
That fuel/range combo has me seriously looking at the 500X now. I was already interested in the 500F but the longer suspension travel and wind protection has peaked my interest as well.

-Jake
__________________
Touring The Gulf
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #314
straightrod
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,294
^ +1 on that. Give me a little more than 3.7 gallons.
straightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #315
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,562
Even the NC700X has more range then like 90% of motorcycles out there..

You're pushing it.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014