_DSC0248 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr

and

_DSC0251 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr
gallowaystx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #47
TallRob OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,393
FYI: just so people know. My weird body position in the photo below was due to me ducking a bird that was heading right for me a spit second before that photo was shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowaystx View Post
I'll give it a go for you - first time so bear with me:

_DSC0248 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr

and

_DSC0251 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #48
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Laugh If you are a touch/freely fence sitter *LOL*

If you are looking to try on "kick the tires" on vests and jackets then we will be at the following IMS shows this Fall

Atlanta GA Nov 2 -4th

Dallas TX Nov 9 - 11th

Long Beach CA Dec 7 - 9th

We will have some badges so if you would like to come hand out at the booth let me know. It would be great to have riders who are using the vests available to chat with prospective customers

Wont know if I can get discount tickets till nearer the dates
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Would anyone who wears a vest like to comment on this article? Thanks

http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2013/...protection.htm
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #50
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso

Oddometer: 178
I just noticed you have fatso size (4xl), as soon as I have play money will put order in.
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #51
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Is there a way to remove the air bag set up and insert it into or over a summer bike jacket. Would be great to not have to pay twice for the air bag set up. Its protecting nothing hanging in the closet. I have a Motorrad and concerned it will be way to hot in the summer. Just now getting close to having my bike running.

Coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgeo View Post
Is there a way to remove the air bag set up and insert it into or over a summer bike jacket. Would be great to not have to pay twice for the air bag set up. Its protecting nothing hanging in the closet. I have a Motorrad and concerned it will be way to hot in the summer. Just now getting close to having my bike running.

Why not just wear the vest over whatever jacket you would normally wear? I'm just learning about this product, but that was my thought when I first saw it. The vest doesn't seem like it would impede too much airflow over a summer mesh jacket.
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #53
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,022
I found this report very interesting. I have never considered one of these vests, but I'll take some time and learn more. I sometimes have a very 'involved' commute to and from work.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #54
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Why not just wear the vest over whatever jacket you would normally wear? I'm just learning about this product, but that was my thought when I first saw it. The vest doesn't seem like it would impede too much airflow over a summer mesh jacket.
Guess you missed the last sentence in what I wrote. ] In case anyone else does......... "I already own a Hit Air Jacket"!!! It is the Motorrad style which has been reported to be too hot to wear in Temps over 80 deg. F.

Question is can I remove the airbag setup from my Motorrad jacket and install it over a different jacket in some way similar to other products they sell for wearing the system over a riders favourite jacket. For example maybe purchase a vest from HitAir with no airbag installed orrr???
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #55
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
2nd The CO2 cartridges, I have not tested the "marine" cartridges so If you buy them PLEASE TEST THEM. The biggest issue with other CO2 is they DO NOT inflate the vest fast enough or to the required pressure. If you find one that works please let me know I am sick of paying more to ship them from Japan than they are worth!!!!
$18 per Co2 cartridge can get expensive riding dirt

all Co2 cartridge internal pressures are the same, difference is size/amount of C02 inside and if tip is threaded or not. 5lb bottle of Co2 has the same internal pressures as 20 gram cartridge. temperature changes internal pressures.

does anyone have a closeup pic of C02 cartridge used and dimensions?

45g threaded CO2 cartridges, pack of 2 units

In Stock: 217

http://www.gas-depot.com/products/de....html?sef=hcfp

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units
Price: $21.95

Description
Customer Reviews

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units, Nominal Weight (g) 45g Water Capacity 62 ml / 2.10 oz Body Diameter 30 mm / 1.18 in Overall Length 138 mm / 5.43 in Neck Details 5/8-18 threaded neck, welded cap Mass 185 g / 6.53 oz Surface Finish Electroplated Zinc Gas Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Boiling Point -109 F (-79 C) (Sublimes) Melting Point -70.6 F (-57 C) Specific Gravity 1.52 @ 21 C Vapor Pressure 43,700 mm Hg @ 21 C Liquid Density (-20 C) 1032 kg/m3

_cy_ screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 04:08 AM
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #56
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
$18 per Co2 cartridge can get expensive riding dirt

all Co2 cartridge internal pressures are the same, difference is size/amount of C02 inside and if tip is threaded or not. 5lb bottle of Co2 has the same internal pressures as 20 gram cartridge. temperature changes internal pressures.

does anyone have a closeup pic of C02 cartridge used and dimensions?

45g threaded CO2 cartridges, pack of 2 units

In Stock: 217

http://www.gas-depot.com/products/de....html?sef=hcfp

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units
Price: $21.95

Description
Customer Reviews

Carbon Dioxide (CO2)Cartridges, pack of 2 units, Nominal Weight (g) 45g Water Capacity 62 ml / 2.10 oz Body Diameter 30 mm / 1.18 in Overall Length 138 mm / 5.43 in Neck Details 5/8-18 threaded neck, welded cap Mass 185 g / 6.53 oz Surface Finish Electroplated Zinc Gas Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Boiling Point -109 F (-79 C) (Sublimes) Melting Point -70.6 F (-57 C) Specific Gravity 1.52 @ 21 C Vapor Pressure 43,700 mm Hg @ 21 C Liquid Density (-20 C) 1032 kg/m3
I ordered and tested these and they do NOT inflate the vest fast enough. Thank you for taking the time to post though.

I sent sample cartridges to EVERY CO2 manufacturer here in the US and not one of them will produce the cartridges in the specifications we need. I only found 1 company in India and 1 in Taiwan who would produce them. Shipping costs are still the same HIGH
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #57
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

No way to remove the airbag from the jacket sorry.

I usually suggest the vest to anyone who already has multiple jackets that they want to wear. After 34 years riding I have a cupboard full of jackets so I just throw my MLV vest over which ever jacket I am wearing at the time
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #58
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
I found this report very interesting. I have never considered one of these vests, but I'll take some time and learn more. I sometimes have a very 'involved' commute to and from work.
I am happy to answer any airbag related questions you may have
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #59
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Guess you missed the last sentence in what I wrote. ] In case anyone else does......... "I already own a Hit Air Jacket"!!! It is the Motorrad style which has been reported to be too hot to wear in Temps over 80 deg. F.

Question is can I remove the airbag setup from my Motorrad jacket and install it over a different jacket in some way similar to other products they sell for wearing the system over a riders favourite jacket. For example maybe purchase a vest from HitAir with no airbag installed orrr???
There is no way to remove the airbag from the jacket and "put" it into a vest, sorry.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #60
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
There is no way to remove the airbag from the jacket and "put" it into a vest, or sorry.
please in future products make this a feature. That way one can use the same airbag, CE armor etc. in one, two or three of your jackets (one per season?)