Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #61
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
No way to remove the airbag from the jacket sorry.

I usually suggest the vest to anyone who already has multiple jackets that they want to wear. ...
And for people whom have NO JACKETS or gear yet.... Whom Im guessing may be your largest market. .. add the feature to swap the bags into any different season version of your jackets.

What is your largest market? My guess is. New riders and riders not long AFTER laying their bike down hard.
Coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #62
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgeo View Post
please in future products make this a feature. That way one can use the same airbag, CE armor etc. in one, two or three of your jackets (one per season?)
Due to the design of the airbag that is not possiable
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #63
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
And for people whom have NO JACKETS or gear yet.... Whom Im guessing may be your largest market. .. add the feature to swap the bags into any different season version of your jackets.

What is your largest market? My guess is. New riders and riders not long AFTER laying their bike down hard.
The problem with swapping it between jackets is there is no way to make sure, from a liability standpoint, that the rider correctly "installs" the airbag into the other jacket. Unfortunately there is no "silver bullet" for riders, everyone wants it their way I can see the advantages to having a 'swap able" airbag but I really dont see that there is enough of a market to make any money from bringing a product like that to market

I would say our largest market are riders who are experienced riders who have had or know other riders who have had accidents. New riders still have to learn the hard lesson that there are only 2 types of riders. Those who have crashed and those who will crash.

Also our horse rider market is at least 10 times as large as our motorcycle market. At the last Olympics we had 18 different countries wearing air bag vests
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #64
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,422
Are there any reflective panels on the MLV-YC at all? (I see the MLV-PY, but I'm thinking the wide stripes on that model may be a bit much.)

Also, regarding the YS-Mesh vest? Are the 'shapes' of the deployed airbags all the same, or do some vests offer more / less protection than others? A suggestion would be to include pics of the inflated bags on the manaquin, and maybe some low-light photos to highlight the nighttime visibility of the garment.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
Coachgeo
Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
The problem with swapping it between jackets is there is no way to make sure, from a liability standpoint, that the rider correctly "installs" the airbag into the other jacket. ...
The liability issue you speak of is no different than repacking them correctly after deployment though. Backing up little here though; I am speaking of swapping your bags into YOUR jacket/vest and not any jacket/vest or something similar

Coachgeo screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 01:11 PM
Coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #66
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The liability issue you speak of is no different than repacking them correctly after deployment though. Backing up little here though; I am speaking of swapping your bags into YOUR jacket/vest and not any jacket/vest.
I understand your point just want to be realistic that it is probably not going to happen that way. I can make suggestions to the factory but have no control as a re-seller of what they make.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #67
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Are there any reflective panels on the MLV-YC at all? (I see the MLV-PY, but I'm thinking the wide stripes on that model may be a bit much.)

Also, regarding the YS-Mesh vest? Are the 'shapes' of the deployed airbags all the same, or do some vests offer more / less protection than others? A suggestion would be to include pics of the inflated bags on the manaquin, and maybe some low-light photos to highlight the nighttime visibility of the garment.
Here is a pic that shows the strip across the back

Two chest strips

The airbags offer the same protection but are a slightly different shape to fit the vest design

I will get some inflated pictures for you in a few days
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #68
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,422
Thanks for the quick reply. I just found the other thread and am digging through it, so I may find some of the pics I'm looking for in there - http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535224.

Definitely interested in one, though!

-Lee
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #69
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I just found the other thread and am digging through it, so I may find some of the pics I'm looking for in there - http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535224.

Definitely interested in one, though!

-Lee
Happy to help