User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #7141
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,114
Hdb

Thanks looks great. Might have to get one..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #7142
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,177
Very slick Aaron...
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #7143
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Very slick Aaron...
Thanks Bob! It's all coming together, the EFI is working very well. Slowly dialing in the tuning and it just keeps getting better. It should be pretty damn close to 70 hp at the rear wheel,when all is said and done. 12 ft lb gain in the mid range after the last dyno session. You can take it for a spin in Mexico if you want!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #7144
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 1,029
vise grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRideRoader View Post
How did you remove the broken piece out of the frame? Drill and easy out or can you just thread it out to the inside with a pair of visegrips?
I was lucky that there was enough thread left to get some vise grips on it from the inside. Also I notice in my friends driveway vs on the trail. I did the other side vs waiting for it to fail.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #7145
Chris 690R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
Man, this bike is sweet, but boy do I hate being 5"8. I might have to sell it or trade it for a different bike. Gonna try a link first.
Get a 2012 model much lower. I am 5"9 and still tippy toes, but easily doeable and does not bother me at all!!

Chris
Chris 690R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #7146
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 690R View Post
Get a 2012 model much lower. I am 5"9 and still tippy toes, but easily doeable and does not bother me at all!!

Chris
I'm 5'8" too. I had Superplush Suspension (in CA, USA) respring, revalve, and lower the bike 1.5". The only disadvantage is that I have only 8.5" of travel now, but I don't ride the bike like I did with my KTM/Thumperracing 320 XCF-W.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #7147
ten.98
...leave a trail

Oddometer: 51
Trail Tech Voyager KTM 690 Install w/LFI

Destroyed my stock instrument cluster while on an enduro ride this weekend. Looks like the stock replacement is around $330. Also looking at the trail tech voyager as a possible replacement. Would save me about $50. Has anyone else put one of these on their 690 yet? It doesn't look like they make a model specific version, which would mean you would have to run separate leads for all of the monitoring and bypass the stock wiring harness. Not sure how I feel about that. Also, I'm guessing theres no low fuel indicator or Fault Indicator lamp access as well.

The FI I'm not as concerned about, but lack of LFI would be troubling. Anyone know if there's a way to rig a separate LFI lamp outside of the stock instrument cluster?

ten.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #7148
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
I see a lot of people changing the lower tank bolt (good idea) but not too many people changing the bushings themselves. My lower bushings were sloppy as all hell by the time I hit 3k miles so I replaced them with Delrin bushings that I purchased from "partmaker" in the vendor's forum here on ADV. Absolutely no slop in the 9k miles since!
This.

I went through a few sets on my 08 in the first 15k miles. Installed the Delrin ones from Partsmaker, and no issues for the 15k miles after that. I'll probably end up pulling them out of the 08, and installing in the 2012 at some point.
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #7149
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Best I can do at the moment....

Those tanks look a lot narrower than the old style tanks I am using!
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #7150
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Those tanks look a lot narrower than the old style tanks I am using!

I just compared my bike from the front with this photo and I would say you are correct. I think the new tanks are closer to the Rally bike design and get away with a flatter design but similar volume..The old tanks are not horrible by any measure but the new ones are a nice setup.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #7151
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,078
I was pleasantly surprised with how narrow the Safari tank was compared to the Acrebis SuperTanker on my RFS bike.
You guys are spoiled.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #7152
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I was pleasantly surprised with how narrow the Safari tank was compared to the Acrebis SuperTanker on my RFS bike.
You guys are spoiled.
I had the Safari tank and sold it and went to the Generation 1 RR tanks

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #7153
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 1,029
Trail tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post
Destroyed my stock instrument cluster while on an enduro ride this weekend. Looks like the stock replacement is around $330. Also looking at the trail tech voyager as a possible replacement. Would save me about $50. Has anyone else put one of these on their 690 yet? It doesn't look like they make a model specific version, which would mean you would have to run separate leads for all of the monitoring and bypass the stock wiring harness. Not sure how I feel about that. Also, I'm guessing theres no low fuel indicator or Fault Indicator lamp access as well.

The FI I'm not as concerned about, but lack of LFI would be troubling. Anyone know if there's a way to rig a separate LFI lamp outside of the stock instrument cluster?

I did the same thing a few years back and looked at that model also. I got a different one though. After a year usin it, not using it on the bike would not recommend it. Took it off this winter and won't put it back on. There is no low fuel light. The rpm sensor is just a wire wrapped around the plug wire. Not unhappy with it but... Rather just have my Montana as my speedo etc. bigger and better then that unit I would think.
I have a trail tech vapour I think
But that's my 2 cents but have to give a nickel cuz we got rid of the Pennie lol.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin

StepOnIt screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 06:36 PM
StepOnIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #7154
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post

I wouldn't waste the money on the Voyager, just get the Vapor.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #7155
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,078
Ginger Gets a Makover

Finally done with races for awhile.
Time to give Ginger some much deserved TLC.
I picked up Ginger in January. The only thing I was able to get done since was new shoes.

Don't she look sexy with those fresh knobbies.

Over the last several weeks I have gathered some goodies for the makeover.
Here a 2008 mask with a real headlight. I have no idea what KTM was thinking with the one that came with the 2009 stock.

Some serious bash protection. I'm sure this will come in handy as Ginger makes her way thru the herd.
Also some nice soft grip for my baby hands.

Now for some functional Bling.
GPR under the bar stabilizer. Hammerhead +20mm Shift lever for better shifting with big boots.

Fork bleeders. A must for all KTM forks.

Hot Cams valve shim kit and Tune ECU cable for getting into Gingers mind.

A very important part is the FMF Q-4 Silencer. This removes about 5 pounds of weight from the ThermoNuclear reactor that was on the bike.

Time to get started. Her she is up on the stand. Excited to try out the new headlight.

Started to undress her.

She got so excited she raised her tail. ;)

Some of the bling. Here's the GPR installed.

Got another package of goodies. Here are the Cycra Probend Handguards. Not seen is the Scotts Shark fin. Pic later
Thanks to M2W for getting them for me.

As of last night, Ginger was taking a nap.

More goodies are on the way.
Tonight is a shipment from KTM Twins with a new fuel pump, Rally-Raid Upper tank Bolts, A Superplush Shock collar and a Evo Airbox cover.
Later in the week I will have the new LED taillight assembly with integrated turn signals and the Doubletake mirrors like I use on all my bikes.
It's been a looooong weekend. [/QUOTE]
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote