Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #3136
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
whatever dude, I never told anyone not to post, I just pointed out the rules that are well documents across this forum, I was never rude to anyone posting off topic, something that obviously you just don't get. It's not hard to keep track of info is people follow the guidelines. It's not rude to help people understand why we have thread topics. What have you done to contribute around here, eh?
And with that trying to put words in my mouth, and continue on the BS, you can go just go
Whats funny is that your "rules" your inforcing and commenting on in this thread have derailed it more than anyone.

As far as the CRF, clocked 82mph with the 13t last night.
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #3137
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 02-11-2013 at 04:54 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #3138
Treebone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
"As far as the CRF, clocked 82mph with the 13t last night."

So what were you getting with the stock 14 tooth in a similar situation?

I have a 13T on order.

At 6500 ft elevation, there is not much punch left in 6th gear without a tailwind, and I usually
have to drop back into 5th keep up speed.
Treebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #3139
amtz.zero
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
I just rode my wifes brand new crf. Why do the brakes suck so bad? They're scary! I never thought my WR had great brakes but they are amazing compared to the ones on this bike.
amtz.zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #3140
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtz.zero View Post
I just rode my wifes brand new crf. Why do the brakes suck so bad? They're scary! I never thought my WR had great brakes but they are amazing compared to the ones on this bike.

They will get better once you get them worn in. While not the strongest or most sensitive brakes, after a little while they get much better, at least our did. I do know what you mean when brand new.... scary.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #3141
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Bed them in, follow ctbrakes.com instructions.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #3142
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
I just got off the phone with Scotts about getting a Damper.

The kit will NOT support Rox risers. Also to use the kit they make for the LRP you would also need to be using 7/8 bars without cross bar.

It also would NOT work with HDB's top bar mount as the Damper kit comes with the top clamp.

I have Rox risers with 1 1/8 protaper HDB set up.

They were very helpful and listened to my needs and are going to see what they can do for me using the universal set up ... just some FYI for ya.

I can update later if anybody wants.
That bites!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #3143
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrack View Post
Whats funny is that your "rules" your inforcing and commenting on in this thread have derailed it more than anyone.

As far as the CRF, clocked 82mph with the 13t last night.

WOW! Some people beat a dead horse, and then there's this type. Beat the horse, ran it over with a truck, backed up, ran it over again and still can't figure out why it won't eat the apple. Hahahahahaha.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #3144
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
That bites!!!
Not Really ..... I'm looking forward to hear what they come up with.
gnath9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #3145
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
While some of us might have differing views on some things, we're all in the CRF250L community together.
Yes we are !!! and I for one am happy to be a part of it.

Thanks to all that post the good stuff !!! I am sure in a month or so I will have more to contribute
gnath9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #3146
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlackIrish View Post
WOW! Some people beat a dead horse, and then there's this type. Beat the horse, ran it over with a truck, backed up, ran it over again and still can't figure out why it won't eat the apple. Hahahahahaha.
Have you got the hint yet to stfu?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #3147
michaelwoodcock
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey guys, just logged 1k on my odometer!! The crf rocks as far as 250 road legals go! Great MPG, decent handling, and plenty of get up and go in town. Once on the highway, there is no snap left in the throttle. If you're past 60 mph, rolling the throttle to the stop will only yield a gentle acceleration up to 80 +/- 6 mph indicated, and the spedo seems to be 2mph off according to my GPS, so the top speed seems to be 84 mph in stock form. It handles off road pretty good but I can't get nearly as sideways as I can on my CRF450R with good off road tires! It will wag the tail a lot less, and doesn't give good feedback on the edge, it but if you've got a little bit of experience you can still ride it close to the edge off road without crashing. The tires seem to be holding it back. The NICE dual chamber forks on my CRF450R look like they'll fit the triple clamps on the crf250L no problem, and add all the adjustability I need! I haven't measured the shock yet, that's for another day, hopefully the 450 shock will fit too! I have a variable DC power supply and I will be checking to see what everything on the bike draws. I believe with LED running lights in the front, an LED tail light, and an HID and/or LED headlight, there should be plenty of wattage available for any touring needs. I've added polly heaters, and it handles them no problem!

Cheers,
Mike

P.S.
The brakes don't suck! I can stoppie this thing no problem! The back brake does take a little bit of a stab to brake slide though

Edit: LED tail light from a new CBR600RR draws 2.7 watts when brakes are applied, and a little less than half that when they're not. The OEM brake light on the crf250L draws 5 watts running, 21 when the brakes are applied. Liscense plate light draws 5 watts, the front running light should draw 5 watts each, 10 total, should be able to get that down past 1 watt with LED's. Should be able to easily conserve 15 watts by changing these to LED's. We shall see!

michaelwoodcock screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 11:51 AM
michaelwoodcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #3148
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnath9 View Post
Not Really ..... I'm looking forward to hear what they come up with.
I read this onmy phone and didn't get to see all the pther talk back and forth on plans for sollutions. I think I need to just look while on the computer! Hahahaha. I am also interested in seeing what we come up with. I think I will be a ways from one anyway. 7/8" noncrossbar. I didn't even know they made something like that. Is it solid or something?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #3149
DirtyBlackIrish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwoodcock View Post
Hey guys, just logged 1k on my odometer!! The crf rocks as far as 250 road legals go! Great MPG, decent handling, and plenty of get up and go in town. Once on the highway, there is no snap left in the throttle. If you're past 60 mph, rolling the throttle to the stop will only yield a gentle acceleration up to 80 +/- 6 mph indicated, and the spedo seems to be 2mph off according to my GPS, so the top speed seems to be 84 mph in stock form. It handles off road pretty good but I can't get nearly as sideways as I can on my CRF450R with good off road tires! It will wag the tail a lot less, and doesn't give good feedback on the edge, it but if you've got a little bit of experience you can still ride it close to the edge off road without crashing. The tires seem to be holding it back. The NICE dual chamber forks on my CRF450R look like they'll fit the triple clamps on the crf250L no problem, and add all the adjustability I need! I haven't measured the shock yet, that's for another day, hopefully the 450 shock will fit too! I have a variable DC power supply and I will be checking to see what everything on the bike draws. I believe with LED running lights in the front, an LED tail light, and an HID and/or LED headlight, there should be plenty of wattage available for any touring needs. I've added polly heaters, and it handles them no problem!

Cheers,
Mike

Edit: LED tail light from a new CBR600RR draws 2.7 watts when brakes are applied, and a little less than half that when they're not. The OEM brake light on the crf250L draws 5 watts running, 21 when the brakes are applied. Liscense plate light draws 5 watts, the front running light should draw 5 watts each, 10 total, should be able to get that down past 1 watt with LED's. Should be able to easily conserve 15 watts by changing these to LED's. We shall see!

Congrats!!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3150
Bake
adventurer

Oddometer: 10,514
I spoke with Bill yesterday. I can say very little but the bike has moved to testing the next bigger engine. I promised I would not reveal the size and the other things he has going on with the whole package.
Here's a testament to how tough Honda made the engine... So far the test bike has 30 dyno runs without trouble.

I am extremely pleased with the Yoshimura full system exhaust. Not loud at all, runs perfect with the addition of the EJK controller as preset for a Stage 1 modification. I'm good to go.

About flaming others or spending a lot of the site owner's resources on thread creep, I've been around here for some time and have made a lot of contributions, context, ride reports, organized rides in Colorado, and been to a number of Rallies.

Don't concern yourself with my post count, it doesn't imply I know jack. 90% was BSing in the proper forum, JoMomma.
But.
That's whats coming next. There will be a hint from the Mods to take personal head butting there, if you've got the nards for it. It's a fucking shark tank. What happens to threads that get a few sore necks going is... People involved get a week or a month locked out, thw Mods take their Volunteer Time to cull out all shit, and the whole scene takes a step backwards.

Here's my tip.... Don't Be A Dick.

Bake screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 01:15 PM
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote